Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:27:37 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Robot Monster « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Robot Monster  (Read 7478 times)
Gdc
« on: March 14, 2001, 11:40:00 AM »

It´s been told many times but I think this movie is one of the best B-Movies I´ve seen in a long while.
What are your toughts?
[atticus]
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2001, 01:10:13 PM »

I think it was given a four or five slime rating on this very site, and for my money it is a very worthwhile film to view if and only if you want to see a truely horrid and awful film. The editing, acting, setting, and plot are all sub-par. There's a signifigant amount of filler in the movie with is painfully obvious but also provides time for you to catch your breath from laughing so hard. I hope this helps.
FLANGEPART
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2001, 03:13:19 PM »

It is,indeed,a classic. It sums up,by it every minute of runningtime, the essence of what is ,truly, the heart and soul of this site. oh, and it am funny,too! A prime cut of cinema pork chop, with more ham then the Hormel wharhouse! If you haven't seen it before, what are you doing at this website?
Griff
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2001, 10:58:37 PM »

A true jewel in the crown of crap. Highly recommended, just don't try to watch it twice back to back: therapy's getting expensive these days...
Squishy
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2001, 04:56:11 AM »

It has the key earmarks of cinematic turd souffle: rubber-finned lizard-fight stock-footage and a doomsday device mounted on an unstable wooden table. But...the bubbles! The bubbles! When the ABBM (Automatic Billion Bubble Machine) goes into action, I have the urge to dance in front of the screen, lunging and snapping at the bubbles with my teeth. My chihuaha just looks at me and rolls his eyes, and goes back to reading the newspaper.

Watch in terror as Ro-Man adjusts his rabbit-ears antenna! In 3-D!!!!
Mitch Macafee
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2001, 07:16:00 PM »

Yes indeed this film has always been a fav of mine. Only last month I had the great (mis)fortune to see this once again on the big screen. And the amazing thing was the amount of audience participation...kinda frightening, but lots of fun!

Also worth checking out is Phil Tuckers other gem "The Cape Canaveral Monsters". Though not as silly as Robot Monster, it's still bad enough to be considered great entertainment.

Does anyone know the origins of the stop motion animation featured in the film????
Chris K.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2001, 09:59:35 AM »

The stop motion footage sequences in ROBOT MONSTER were taken from THE LOST CONTINENT (1951). THE LOST CONTINENT is also a good film not on the standards of B-movies but it was a serious film that was fun to watch. If you plan to get a hold of THE LOST CONTINENT on video, get it from the Englewood Entertainment video because it is taken from original prints and it has the original green tint that was placed on the film when released in 1951. Just stay away from all those EP mode videos that don't have the tint sequences. They are just not worth the cheap price.
Mitch Macafee
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2001, 04:56:36 PM »

Thanks Chris for the info.

The Lost Continent (1951) is a film I've never seen. Many years ago I saw listed in the TV guide the 1960's color version (remake???), thinking it was the original with the stop motion. It was not until I stayed up all night & watched it that I realised there must be 2 versions of this film.
peter johnson
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2001, 01:29:50 PM »

"You're so bossy, you ought to be milked!" --
This is really one of the standards by which to measure bad film, the others, for my money, being Ed Wood Jr.'s Plan 9 From Outer Space and They Saved Hitler's Brain.  These films are basic yardsticks of what to look for in the type of crap we crave.
Years ago in college, it was noted that while everyone makes reference to Marx, very few have actually read the original texts.  The same can be said of Tucker -- while many know of its glories, not as many have actually taken the time to ponder his achievements.  To make a confession, I myself have never seen the Cape Canaveral flick.  And I dare call myself a bad-film fan . .  .
FLANGEPART
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2001, 12:13:10 PM »

Ya know...i'm likely not the only one who thinks,'GET AWAY FROM ME,LITTLE MONKEY BOY" when ever that title comes up....
Scott
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2001, 11:41:51 AM »

I have to see this movie someday, but how ? I want my B-TV.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Robot Monster « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.