Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:32:12 AM
714212 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Breakin' « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Breakin'  (Read 4175 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2005, 08:20:13 PM »

Yeah, this was quite the film.  It was a big hit in Iraq too.  The Marines all loved it for a few reasons, but the two big ones were that we had another SSgt who looked just like Ozone and also the incredibly silly creature that was Van Damme dancing.

I actually wrote this review around the end of November, in Iraq.  Did three others, the last of which is "The Trial of Billy Jack."

And greetings to Loren, who actually appears to be Sgt Davis.  He was one of the Marines in the picture of us from Iraq and also received his promotion combat meritorious right after he returned from Fallujah.

On the other hand, when I was working on the review for "The Trial of Billy Jack," the other Marines were no help at all.  They were the people who laugh at someone getting mauled by a pit bull.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Loren
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2005, 05:21:06 AM »

Curses, you broke my code of using my first name instead of my last and rank.  SSgt Garcia does look exactly like Ozone minus the jerry curl, feather earing and massive chip on his shoulder.   In all fairness, after the second time of watching you watch The Trial of Billy Jack, most of the comedic value was lost.  So yes, we would laugh at someone getting mauled by a pitbull but eventually we would have put the dog down.
dean

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2005, 09:06:48 AM »

Yes!!!!! A new review and it's Breakin', or as it was known here in Australia, "Breakdance" [apparently we can't handle abreviations...]

This is one hell of a return to reviewing, bringing out the bad movie big guns like this one!

I absolutely love this film!!!!!  Breakdance 2: Electric Boogaloo is even more ridiculous, with Ozone's chip becoming an entire potato!  It involves saving the local liesure centre, with a big dance number, and Ice T again [i think]

God, musicals can be so terrible and so funny at the same time.  I actually used this film in an essay of mine last year for a musicals subject.  Needless to say, the tutors had just as bad taste in movies as I did.  So much Neon! and the fashion is just absolute garbage, yet so tacky and funny.

I feel sorry for your Senior Sergeant [that's it yeah?] if he looks like Ozone.  I guess now you have a new nickname for him! :-P

But think about it: this movie pretty much pioneered the whole 'poor, hip, street dancer-class challenging the rich, classic, traditional dancer-class' genre.

Just watch movies like Save the last dance and Honey.  Save the last dance is like a more updated, dramatic version of Breakin' and Honey is like a combination of Glitter and Breakdance 2: Electric Boogaloo.

If only someone would make a Footloose rip off and I'll be on my way to musical heaven!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
odinn7

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2005, 09:59:34 AM »

dean wrote:

> Just watch movies like Save the last dance and Honey.

Wow, I'd rather not. Sure, Alba's in Honey but I don't think it would be worth it...even the ads looked rotten for that one.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
John Nada
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2005, 12:03:01 PM »

Dear Andrew,

A new review at last... glad to see you still have the love for that kind of movies. Makes me think I have to review it for my website along with its sequel (breakin' 2 electric boogaloo, huh). If you enjoyed the 1st one, don't miss the second : same actors, same year, same Golan / Globus cheesiness... highly appreciable.

Best Regards,

John Nada
www.nanarland.com

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Breakin' « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.