Main Menu

Help me with the name to this horror movie

Started by Texdar, April 24, 2005, 10:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texdar

I saw this movie back in the mid 70's one time when I was a kid and haven't seen it since.  It was on a double bill at a cinema with The Golden Voyage of Sinbad.  All I can remember is that a group of people are put in an underground living area by some military men and it turns out that the place is infested by vampire bats.  I don't know any actors in it but I remember one scene where a bat fly right into a guys face and starts biting him.  Anyone have a clue to this one?  Thanks for your help in advance.

odinn7

It sounds like it may be 'Nightwing' which was from '79.
You could check the following link to see if it sounds like the right movie:

IMDB- Nightwing

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.

Andrew

I do not think that it is "Nightwing."  This could be a film I can only barely remember.  A group of people are put in an underground bunker, because of a nuclear war (IIRC).  A number of them get killed and I think there were bats.  Anyway, at the end, the bunker is opened and it turns out the whole thing was a test to see what would happen.

Been years since I caught this.  Wonder if I can find it on the IMDB.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

Andrew

Found it!  Hahaha!  "Chosen Survivors" from 1974.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071318/

Darn, now I want to see the movie again and it is not available...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

odinn7

Oh there you go showing me up Andrew. Hey good call, I don't know how you managed to figure that out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.

Mr_Vindictive

Andrew,

In this age of technology, there is no such thing as "unavailable" when it comes to a film.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.

Texdar

Hey Andrew,

Thanks very much for that.  I have told countless people (no one else I told ever saw it though) about that movie but could never remember the name.  I've never seen it on tv or video since but it made a big impact (well I guess not that big, I didn't remember the name of it) and I thought if I could figure out the name, might be able to find it available somewhere.  I don't think that's going to happen though.  Thanks again.

Gerry

Andrew wrote:

> Found it!  Hahaha!  "Chosen Survivors" from 1974.

Yup.  <http://www.scifilm.org/musings3/musing1252.html>