Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:36:08 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  3-d movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 3-d movies  (Read 6235 times)
Brian Ringler
« on: March 14, 2001, 12:37:07 PM »

Besides Freddy's Dead and The Bubble both on DVD, what other Horror/SciFI movies do you guys know that can currently be purchased and watched in 3-D...Yes I'm a sucker for old 3-D movies!
Abby
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2001, 01:04:01 PM »

'The Mask' and 'Cat Women On The Moon' were both issued on VHS in a 3-D format via Rhino. I don't know whether they ever came out on DVD, though.

"Put The Mask On."
[atticus]
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2001, 01:07:20 PM »

I recently purchased a copy of Robot Monster in 3D. You don't get glasses with it, but the classic red and blue ones work beautifully. I also heard rumblings of Creature From The Black Lagoon and Revenge of The Creature being released on video in 3D (I've seen them in 3D in the theatre) but I've not yet found them if they do indeed exist. I hope this helps.
Chris K.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2001, 05:59:23 PM »

If you have heard of Spanish actor Paul Naschy, then you may have heard of the carrer he had playing El Hombre Lobo (The Wolf Man). His first film playing a werewolf was in 1968 when he wrote the script for THE MARK OF THE WOLFMAN. What does this have to do with 3-D? THE MARK OF THE WOLFMAN was filmed in 3-D and shot in 70mm Techniscope. The film is really long too from what I have heard.

American distributor Independent-International Pictures Corporation released THE MARK OF THE WOLFMAN in the U.S. under the misleading title FRANKENSTEIN'S BLOODY TERROR, took off the 3-D process, and cut nearly 45 minutes of footage out. The end result was terrible.

Their are some who said they saw THE MARK OF THE WOLFMAN in 3-D and they said it was worth it. I myself want to see the film in 3-D too, but I guess we will have to wait till it comes out on video (maybe through Anchor Bay).

Special notice: Paul Naschy's two other El Hombre Lobo films THE WEREWOLF'S SHADOW (1971; U.S. Title: WEREWOLF VS. THE VAMPIRE WOMAN) and CURSE OF THE DEVIL (1973) are going to be released by Anchor Bay in the mid-summer. So save your money!
Andrew
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2001, 09:04:45 PM »

The 3-D version of this was pretty much painful to try and watch.  Wish I could figure out where my LD of it went...

Andrew
Skaboi18
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2001, 08:07:21 PM »

Whatever happened to Friday 13th Part 3 being 3-D on DVD????
The Friday13th series was supposed to be released on DVD, and this actually did happen.
But why didn't they put F13 3 in 3-D???????
WHAT THE HELL????
This would have been terrific!
You have the eyeball popping out, a guy getting ripped in half while standing on his hands, a snake jumping at the camera!  THIS WOULD HAVE SERIOUSLY ROCKED!

I recently saw this film in 3-D at a Horror Festival in Raliegh NC.
It was awesome.  I just wish that I could be able to sit down in my own home and see it the way it needs to be seen....It's a tragedy.
Brian Ringler
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2001, 08:18:50 PM »

All the friday the 13th films on dvd are tragedies, so much good stuff could of been done, but they end up with bare bones for extras, hopefully the campaign being run to get part 7 released uncut on dvd works out.
Skaboi18
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2001, 09:50:22 PM »

It won't.
Check out www.fangoria2000.com for the info on it
They don't plan on releasing any uncut versions...said there just isn't a market.  I'll be damned if there isn't!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  3-d movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.