Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:01:50 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  C3: 7 minute preview of the new Star Wars movie « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: C3: 7 minute preview of the new Star Wars movie  (Read 4834 times)
DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2005, 09:50:59 PM »

> I don't think the story is squished up, it takes place over a twenty year span.

Man, I'm such a dork, I can't let this go. No way is that a sufficient time span for people to start talking about Jedis like they were Druids. Han Solo acted like he'd never heard of Jedi powers, and he was sceptical that they would even work, that's like if people thought Navy Seals were just a legend. Also, refering to the Clone Wars (rather than the Clones War) implies a very long series of different conflicts with some common denominator such as being exacerbated by cloning technology, kind of like the Punic Wars. I've been assuming that since I was five! Why would they call a single war that involves clones, jedis, droids, and assorted spacy thingies... the Clone Wars? It results in the overthrow of the previous galactic government, wouldn't they call it the Revolution or something? The prequels simply must not be accepted as cannonical!!! *TWITCH* They're like Splinter In The Minds Eye, the Alan Dean Foster novel that came out right after the A New Hope, where Luke and Leia get it on.

Maybe he was just overhyped (I waited quite awhile to see both prequels), but Maul didn't do that much for me. I actually thought the Jar Jar effect would have worked better for a villain like that, it'd make him look all unreal and inhuman, and they could have done him with extra arms and no head. Neither Jar Jar nor the Ewoks where quite as bad as everyone says, IMHO.
Wence
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2005, 09:03:50 AM »

In a preview I have seen this "Dark General".
What about that? What level or degree of JarJarism can we expect?
Theef
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2005, 12:37:19 PM »

I think he'll be better than JarJar....even if he looks stupid....but he will still have a "childish cgi aura"..like them droids in the first movie....and for the record...the ewoks wasn't bad.....they were good for that movie (rotj)...at least the first 10 times i watched it......
Zapranoth
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2005, 04:45:08 PM »

*twitch*  Apologies, but I can't help it.

Theef:   this  

is an ellipsis.  It is to be used sparingly, and for emphasis!   Writing... your posts... with lots... and... lots... of them... is just about... as visually... umm... what should I say... annoying? ... as WRITING ALL IN CAPS ALL THE TIME IS.

(Sorry.)

I'm with the "turn the brain off, expect nothing, go see it anyway" crowd.  I'm gonna cheer when Palpatine fries someone in a fit of rage, and when he utters the words "Arise, Lord Vader."  I'm gonna grind my molars and develop TMJ watching Hayden Christensen act badly in such an ultimate villain role.  When it devolves into droids zapping droids on a smoky battlefield, my eyes will glaze slightly; I will awaken with a small start when something relating to Vader then happens, or Padme appears in something revealing.

Watching and listeningto the guy who plays Palpatine is basically worth the price of admission, for me, by itself.

On a side note:  Yoda's lightsaber fight in episode II:  crowd-pleaser, or cheesy CGI?
Wence
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2005, 05:12:09 PM »

Yeah, Palpatine is one of the characters I enjoyed in the old trilogy. He is a "good" evil character, absolutely interesting and not exaggerated like DarthMaul.

His developement into the Emperor is what remained interesting on SW...
Theef
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2005, 07:00:45 AM »

ok.I second that. and  Yoda's lightsaber fight in episode II: crowd-pleaser btw
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2005, 07:15:45 AM »

On a side note: Yoda's lightsaber fight in episode II: crowd-pleaser, or cheesy CGI?

or both

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Theef
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2005, 02:37:09 PM »

Yeah...I second that too...acctually.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  C3: 7 minute preview of the new Star Wars movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.