Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:39:45 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Greatest Films Not on DVD « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Greatest Films Not on DVD  (Read 10131 times)
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2005, 01:27:06 PM »

There are a lot of great AIP titles that are in limbo due to rights issues (the current rights holder seems reluctant to release them to ANYbody):

THE DAY THE WORLD ENDED
IT CONQUERED THE WORLD
I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF
TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN
BLOOD OF DRACULA
HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER
EARTH VS. THE SPIDER
THE SHE CREATURE
THE UNDEAD
THE BRAIN EATERS
VOODOO WOMAN
WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST
THE HEADLESS GHOST

and a few others I think as well.  A few of them have been released in R2 PAL editions in the UK (pretty decent ones too), but no sign of a domestic release on the horizon.
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2005, 01:27:26 PM »

I have a copy of "Twice Upon A Time" taped from Cartoon Network, that I am holding onto until it ever gets a DVD release. Even though I accidently taped about two seconds of an episode of "Due South" over part of it when I forgot which tape I had in the machine. My father, my sister and I discovered this movie on cable years ago and loved it. I've always thought it was a shame that it is mostly unknown.

I would love a box set of "The Idiot Box" series. Would love a DVD set of "Due South", the season box sets are available now, but are apparently awful with defective discs being common and s**tty transfers.

Something to note, "Going Home" was on the late movie on Turner South last night/this morning. I'd never heard of it before and hadn't seen this thread until now.  But I watched it, very gritty and moody drama. I liked the performances by the main cast (especially Mitchum) but it really didn't go anywhere for most of the movie. Very 70s ending, but would definitely leave most viewers unsatisfied or angry.

I'd love if the three 60s Dr. Mabuse crime thrillers from Germany that I've seen would get DVD releases. I hope some day to see all the films from the 1920s up through the 1970s Jess Franco nail in the coffin last film. But so far I've only caught three from when the series was revived in in the 60s: The Testament of Dr. Mabuse, The Invisible Dr. Mabuse, and I think The Return of Dr. Mabuse. I'd love kitted out versions with German and English language tracks and appropriate subtitles. I know a guy has been restoring and releasing some of the other films in the series ("Thousand Eyes of ..." and another one I think) and Criterion did the 1933 versions of "Testament", I just hope that the other lesser (but still great fun) films get released some day. I'd love to see the dramatic end of "Invisible" again, when his scheme falls apart and how he is discovered, yets still screams, "Victorious!" insanely as everything burns around him.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Jim H

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 03:58:51 PM »

I thought of one.  How about Song of the South, which Disney refuses to release in America because of how p**sy groups like the NAACP get over it?
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2005, 04:36:21 PM »

Didn't I hear they were finally releasing Song of the South?

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
StatCat
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2005, 05:39:23 PM »

Cemetery Man
The Sect
Riot on the Sunset Strip
The Glory Stompers

tv shows, I'd pick sifl and olly

Post Edited (06-21-05 17:41)

-----------------------------------------------------
Wear a suit and tie when I'd rather sit and die
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2005, 07:17:32 PM »

I second that Robo-CHIC DVD release.  

PETER!! tell us a story from the set of Robo-CHIC!! Pleeeeaaasssee. We want to hear some of the atrocities that occured and what loss of life and limb it took to keep people from walking off the set in disgust. Pleeease.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Anonymous User
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2005, 05:47:21 PM »

I'm going to just echo a few I've already read... I was a Teenage Werewolf I saw once, but would looooove to see again. Robo-Chik just cuz it sounds horrible... and I'm going to echo Tazz and Yaddo call for IdiotBox and Freaked. I don't really understand why the IdiotBox hasn't found its way onto DVD yet, but I sure am excited that Freaked has finally found the light.   I couldn't be more excited to retire my crappy VHS copy of that movie and see that amazing title treatement on my flat screen.  I'm gonna crank up that Henry Rollins so loud my mother is gonna Freak herself! Whatever.  It's better than my Thriller video (just kidding)...
Jim H

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2005, 08:42:05 PM »

There's rumors of a fall 2006 release (for the 60th anniversary), but it still isn't out on DVD *yet*.
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2005, 08:34:12 AM »

speaking of the soundtrack, I get so p**sed, I CAN NEVER FIND ANY OF THE SONGS FROM FREAKED ANYWHERE!

it's got such a great soundtrack

"FREEKS! THAT'S WHAT THEY CALL US! CAUSE A MAD SCIENTIST f**kED WITH OUR DNA!"
peter johnson

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2005, 10:55:18 PM »

Jeez Louise . . .
As far as people walking off goes, Kathy Shower DID walk off when the producers wouldn't give her permission to turn the whole project over to Paramount for a rumoured $18million buy-out -- some genius over there thought it would be the next "Airplane" -- if that had happened, I no doubt would have lost my job, but one DOES wonder what would've happened -- Ditto the approach by USA Network to do an in-house series based entirely upon the biker gang Satan's Onions.  Once Orion trotted out the lawsuit, both offers evaporated like the morning mist --
A good drinking game to play while watching ROBO is to take a shot every time you notice that the gal beneath the wig ain't Shower no more, but her replacement Jennifer Estrada (Eric Estrada's wife).
We shot a very very lengthy scene at an abandoned sheep-rendering/slaughterhouse factory/plant, that had all these ultra-cool machines inside.  Many of us got bored between takes and wandered around exploring.  We found this one gigantic room/pit piled from a floor 10ft. below to the ceiling with rotting sheep skins.  Seen in the half-light of an unpowered building, I have nothing to compare that to --
Jack Carter was an absolute scream on set, dipping his finger into various pools of unhealthy oils & whatnot & sniffing his finger & then giving forth with these grand vaudevillian retching scenes -- never the same way twice.  Where does one go today to study fake-puking like that?
There is this one girl in a bar scene, who at the time was Burt (Robin the Boy Wonder) Ward's real life girlfriend.  You can spot her -- she's the only one hanging out with the bikers who has long dark hair.  Anyway, her pet project was to wear no panties beneath her short skirts, and then bend over at opportune moments in front of the cast & crew -- especially the crew -- to "tie her bootlace" or "look at something interesting on the ground".  Burt lectured her about this a few times, but did no good that I could tell.
I must say, we had the time of our lives on the set -- hey, nobody involved would have walked away -- You have to remember that much of the film was ruined in post -- Ed Hansen took over from Jeff Mandel.  Mandel, who was the original writer/director, should have been left in charge.  We all really believed we were making a real screwball farcical parody/comedy.
I also got to meet and work with Phil Proctor for the first time, and through that initial association, got to work with John Goodman, Phyllis Diller, and Anntte Bening, among others, on later projects.  I still hope to direct/produce David Ossman's latest stage adaptation of Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers, in Colorado -- and it all came about through ROBOCHIC!!
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
odinn7

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2005, 08:18:24 AM »

Those are some great little stories there Peter, thanks for telling them...though I have no idea what this means.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2005, 07:54:43 PM »

I saw 'No Blade Of Grass' on TCM lastweek (letterboxed) and should have taped it, but didn't because I thought it was inprint at least on VHS, and it isn't. I'd been wanting to see it for years, and thought it was pretty good.

Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2005, 06:58:53 PM »

Peter, you rock! I hope to have some cool stories like that once I get my career going. As for movies I'd love to see get the DVD treatment: Night Of The Creeps, Encounter Of The Spooky Kind 2(well pretty much Sammo's entire back catalogue that isn't on DVD yet), Cemetery Man.......  Damn my minds blanking out on me.

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Greatest Films Not on DVD « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.