Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:31:06 AM
714352 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  $1 Walmart DVD & $2 Walgreens DVD « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: $1 Walmart DVD & $2 Walgreens DVD  (Read 2092 times)
Master Blaster
« on: May 02, 2005, 11:30:07 AM »

These things are freakin gold here's some of the titles I found.

The Magic Sword - Basil Rathbone in drag, dragon with lockjaw, and 20 year old knight that looks 30. Every offensive European stereotype is represented. Gloriously godawful.

Hercules Against the Moon Men - Mentioned in a previous thread. Essential viewing in my opinion. A little slow at points but the cheezier moments are worth the wait.

Death Rides a Horse - Kickass spagetti western starring Lee Van Cleef. Typical western plot, kids family is killed in front of him, grows up learns to shoot, kills badguys, and so on and so on. Reaffirms my beleif that Lee is the badass to end all badasses.

The Bodygaurd - starring Sonny Chiba as himself. Bad to almost being unwatchable with a totally goofy intro (apparently tacked on for the US release) that has nothing to do with the rest of the plot. Sonny Chiba vs. druglords, silliness ensues.

Death Race 2000 - This is awesome! David Carridine and others running over pedestrians in a tacky neo-facist future USA. If you give a rats ass about Sylvester Stallone this is one of his first flicks.

The Chinese Connection - Bruce Lee.... Nuff Said

I have 2 more yet to watch, forget the names though, one of Bela Lugosi's later flicks and another really old one with cowboys and robots. If you have a Walmart or Walgreens in the area keep an eye out for the dirt cheap DVDs.
nobody
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 08:01:46 PM »

Oh my god... I have both a Walgreens and a Walmart right next to my place. I'm going to have to check them both out. Those movies sound fantastic. :)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 08:05:58 PM »

Somone borrowed my copy of Death Race a few years ago....I haven't seen it since.

It would be nice to pick up The Bodyguard.  I love me some Sonny Chiba.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
2xSlick
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 09:19:14 PM »

Holy crap, Deathrace 200 for a dollar?!!!!
Was that walmart or walgreens?
Looks like I got a little trip to make tomorrow

http://www.youtube.com/user/2xslickvs -For the worst in video game and movie reviews, mostly dealing with zombies.
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 07:22:39 AM »

DEATH RIDES A HORSE is a great Spaghetti Western film !

Master Blaster
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 10:04:01 AM »

That one I got at Walgreens. The DVD is kinda weird as it only will play one chapter at a time. Maybe it's just mine, but for a buck who cares?
Master Blaster
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 10:08:35 AM »

correction, $2, but again, who cares? : )
Alan Smithee
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 12:19:50 AM »

I thought Death Race 2000 was a very good "bad" movie. Very watchable and entertaining.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  $1 Walmart DVD & $2 Walgreens DVD « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.