Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:42:34 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What flicks have you seen lately? (part 6) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What flicks have you seen lately? (part 6)  (Read 6363 times)
Cheecky-Monkey
« on: May 02, 2005, 07:28:17 PM »

House of the Dead (2003)- A group of teenagers and a crotchety, gun-ho fisherman are stranded on an island infested with the undead. Seriously, this is one of the most unintentionally hilarious big-budget films out there. Loaded to the brim with terrible acting, God-awful writing, hokey gore effects, direct-to-video production values and hideous music, any one looking for tear-inducing laughs should see this steaming load of septic slurpee! Director Uwe Boll confirms himself as the modern Equivalency of Ed Woods.
1 star out of 5.

Prince of Darkness (1987)- A canister containing the essence of satan is found in the basement of an old church. Once satan's "essence" (A glob of green goop!) escapes from the canister, it posses a group of college grads and they're professors one by one. While this may not be as good as some of John Carpenter's other work its interesting and well-done. The script is intelligent (This is the only horror movie that comes to mind that analyzes the devil from a 'hard science' perspective) and the actors all do a good job, especially Victor Wong (Tremors).
Unfortunately the special effects aren't very good and it can get a little silly at times.
3-and-a-half stars out of 5.

Spookies (1987)- A group of teens get stuck in a mansion in the middle of nowhere, only to be terrorized by slimy things, grim reapers, lizard-like monsters, witches, spider-women, and a whole array of other monstorous beasties. While there's no plot and its loaded with terrible acting, camera work and sound(Often making things unwatchable), this film has one merit: Creative monster set pieces. Some of these creature creations look really good--The lizard-creatures standing out as most convincing--while some look cheap and rushed (Spiderwoman).
See it if you like monsters, its--er--different.
3 stars out of 5.

The Beginning of the End (1957)- Pestiscides (sp?) mutate harmless crickets into bus-sized killers, who proceed to terrorize Chicago. Saw this one on MST3K. Another Bert I. Gordon stink-a-thon, the special effects are hilarious (The "attack" scenes consist of crickets climbing all over post cards of buildings, complete with the little buggers casting shadows onto the sky--obviously no continuity on this one!) and the over-sized crickets are simply to cute to be scary.
Oh, and this film also boasts the most anti-climatic and rushed ending of all times.
2 stars out of 5.

Drainiac! (1999)- A teenage girl and her friends must face some not-so-nice demons that dwell in the pluming of a run-down new England house. For a no-budget film, this wasn't to bad. The acting and writing weren't superb, but the special effects (stop-motion especially) are creative and fun, and thankfully writer/director Brett Piper never takes the material to seriously, delivering a good dose of surprisingly clever humor. There are also a couple gruesome gore scenes.
3 stars out of 5.

The Creeping Terror (1964)- A giant head cold crashes on earth in a small California town, gobbling up anyone in sight (with a little help from them--in other words, they crawl right into the freakin' things mouth!!!!!). This is one of the worst movies ever made, in fact its so pitiful that you can't help but love it. It's also the funniest MST3K episode of all time in my opinion. Flaws are too numerous to go into, just go find it, buy, rent, borrow or steal it, and prepair for the most jaw-droppingly bad films you'll ever see. I loved it!
1 star out of 5 (with Mike and the bots: 4 stars out of 5).
Spiffy Niffy
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 09:01:41 PM »

Hey alex and anybody who is interested, i started my own forum. Its basically a discussion on movies so far. Its not 100% done, but im working on it. Please sign up.
Spiffy Niffy
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 09:04:17 PM »

Hey alex and anybody who is interested, i started my own forum. Its basically a discussion on movies so far. Its not 100% done, but im working on it. Please sign up.http://jesselucas.proboards27.com/index.cgi?action=register
Spiffy Niffy
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 09:08:06 PM »

http://jesselucas.proboards27.com/index.cgi?action=logout

rty this if the other link doesnt work
anica
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 12:39:36 AM »

I wouldn't call this lately but it's the last movie i've seen that really creeped me out.

House of 1000 Corpses.  

For some reason, homicidal crazy people with no agenda other than satisfying their demented quirks really scares the sh*t out of me.  I liked how Rob Zombie made the movie a mixture of TCM and The Rocky Horror Picture Show and spicing it up even more with his own twisted ideas.  Great movie, but i still haven't been able to watch it since the first time i saw it.
Mr Hockstatter
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 09:12:44 AM »

I remember Prince of Darkness.  It started out great, really spooky.  But towards the end it kind of fell flat.  The buildup was so good that the rest of the movie couldn't live up to the expectations.  Still a good one though.

A couple I've seen lately:

Dracula 3000.  From all the reviews, I was expecting a truly putrid movie, but I actually found this very entertaining.  It's about a small crew that's on a salvage spaceship and they find a large ship, mysteriously empty.  Except for one corpse (that looks hilarious), and some coffins.  This thing is pure camp in the funnest (and funniest) sort of way.  Beer will definitely need to be drank in order to enjoy this thing though.  I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I thought Coolio was kind of humorous.

The Dead Pit.  Got this one on an Asian bootleg DVD.  Quality is actually just as good as a normal DVD of a low budget, late '80s movie, just no extras (like a menu).  It's about a doctor who works in a mental asylum and is conducting some sort of satanic zombie experiments on his patients.  Another doctor shoots him and seals him up in his lab, the Dead Pit.  Twenty Years later, a young woman is admitted to the asylum, claiming her memory has been stolen from her.  There's an earthquake, which unseals the doctor and his zombie minions from thier pit, and you can probably guess the rest.  This one had good atmosphere and a fairly good story, but it dragged quite a bit towards the middle - end.  Nice and suspenseful though.  The highlight is of course that the new girl at the asylum spends the first half of the movie running around with no pants on.  Poor forgetful thing.  :)

dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 06:12:37 PM »

Dracula 3000!  God what a stupid movie that was!

Did it actually have anything to do with Dracula 2000 or were they just trying to get people interested via 2000.

Coolio had to be the only good thing about this film!

I mean, come on, little things called a proper script make all the difference in the world.  I didn't even realise what was happening at the end of the movie until I sat back and said to myself "what the hell just happened?" and then sort went: "ok, that was a stupid ending..."

Also, the whole idea of God and vampires being forgotten could have been used as a pretty good plot device, but instead just allowed people to run around being clueless!!

Here's a hint: the audience knows what vampires are so we don't need a lenghty explanation from the characters as to what a vampire is!

As you can no doubt tell, I don't think it was a particularly good movie.  Calling it very entertaining and fun is probably stretching things just a bit too much for me.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
odinn7

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 06:37:23 PM »

I have recently seen Sin City (awesome!), Amityville Horror (entertaining) and I rented Blade Trinity. This was a movie that I was quite excited about seeing. I love the first 2 movies with Blade II being one of the few times I can recall liking a sequel better than the original. I couldn't wait to see this 3rd one and when my wife brought it home as a surprise, I started salivating...ok, not really but you get the idea. Anyway, after my daughter went to bed, we popped the movie in and watched for the next 2 hours. What a let down. The movie was ok at best but nothing that I had hoped for. I realize that many people here don't like the Blade movies but I love the action and all the vampire killing (yep, I also like Underworld) and they're fun movies. This third one though just seemed like it was thrown together and everyone just went through the motions and didn't really care. The story was weak and kind of bland. I will  say however, I can't seem to get enough of Jessica Biel in her vampire hunting outfits...the only saving grace for this film.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Mr Hockstatter
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 06:42:32 PM »

They didn't know what God or vampires were, but one guy was named Humvee and he mentioned Wonder Woman when describing something.  You didn't like that?  :)  And the ship was from the planet Transylvania, in the Carpathian system.  And it had a gigantic barbecue grill grate on top.  I just thought it was hilarious.  It's the year 3000, but look in the background of one scene and there's a VCR sitting there.

odinn7

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 06:55:25 PM »

Sure...but a way modern VCR I'm sure  ;- )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 09:14:44 PM »

Sure thing, Jesse!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What flicks have you seen lately? (part 6) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.