Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:52:39 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Happy birthday to me? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Happy birthday to me?  (Read 26858 times)
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2005, 12:20:04 AM »

I'm 44.
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2005, 03:17:55 AM »

I turned 20 in March and I am fine nothing really changed. Never really thought about it as much. Just another number I suppose So don't worry about it Slick. I am still immature as I was at 16 :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can’t give it, you can't buy it, and you just don't get it!-Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

2xSlick
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2005, 08:03:19 AM »

wow a lot of responses to sort through. I have a final today so I can't post any results yet. Expect a large collection of links around 8 pm tonight (Saturday).
Odinn7, you said you were half dead. The average life span for a male living in the US is about 74-years old. Therefore you must be 37-years-old. That, or you are experiencing the big Hawaii Five-Oh...

http://www.youtube.com/user/2xslickvs -For the worst in video game and movie reviews, mostly dealing with zombies.
Susan
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2005, 08:30:23 AM »

I don't remember ever hating my age until I turned 26 - then i realized i was cresting the hill to 30. I used to love my early 20's, old enough to drink and do what i want wanted, spend my money the way i wanted and still young enough to be irrisponsible and forgiven.  I don't think you are truly expected to behave like an adult until your mid 20's, by then there's no excuse from societies standpoint. You better have a decent job and career goals. Enjoy 20', you'll never  be 20 again - truly think about that.

because 30 sucks

2xSlick
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2005, 08:11:23 PM »

As promised, here's links. Also, I hereby declare quarter life crisis to be unfunny and it will instead be referred to as a mid-mid-life crisis. Thank you

For Ash, the 31-year old cat:
First hit in google images for "31"
The rest of these are things that happened to other 31-year-olds and what you can look forward to.
What a bum
Bilatteral Testicular Enlargment Thankfully, no images are included.
Got to love google's cached news items.  kids, stay in school
Ash, hurry up and have a birthday. Your search turned up more medical problems than Menard...

For daveblackeye15: Here's your fellow 17-year-olds. enjoy
Scammer  
Robot destroyer
Spoiled- ass brat
Should've  seen Boa vs. Pythond Yep, I'm going to hell for that one.
Glad I'm not 17 either.  most of the results were kids who either were killed in a car wreck or were shot. Did see a link about a 17-year-old girl with a receding hairline but that's just mean.

For Ellie, 44:
I'm not sure if you wanted me to google your age as well and don't want to offend you. So I'll just post one link:
Grr this one is bogus so I'll have to get you one more. What would you do with a time machine?
Wow, almost every post is about statutory rape and diabetes...
Short bus driver

http://www.youtube.com/user/2xslickvs -For the worst in video game and movie reviews, mostly dealing with zombies.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2005, 08:57:06 PM »

I'm 50 and I'm probably younger at heart than half you guys. The physical changes can be dealt with as long as you keep the right attitude.

I used to get p**sed when I was 22 because I had done my four in the Navy and they were still carding me in clubs and liquor stores. When I got to be 30 I really felt good when someone carded me.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2005, 09:04:12 PM »

that's true Trek, age is irrelevant to how much you just try your hardest to enjoy life. my philosophy is live your life as if you were to die tomorrow, i know this sounds crazy and i don't abide by it 100% for i would probably be in jail if i did. but basically what i mean is do all the things you want to do regardless of worrying about the outcomes. if you want to get a tattoo, get one, if you want to kiss that girl, just do it. i could go on forever with examples but i'm sure you all see what i mean - being the smart bunch us b-movie nerds are. :)
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2005, 09:51:09 PM »

Am I the only one who initially read this as a plea for murder?

Seriously, though, I wouldn't worry about it-- I turned 20 about six months ago, and it wasn't too painful. Hell, the way I see it, being 20 is a great psychological tool for tricking people into giving you more credit than you probably deserve-- "I'm 20" sounds a whole lot more official than "I'm 19."

Of course, this can also work the other way. Shortly after I turned 20, I found myself being hit on by a very drunk 46-year-old woman on a subway, and suddenly realized that "I'm 20" has far less of a deterring power in such a situation. So I guess it's give and take. :)

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
dean

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2005, 10:42:22 PM »

Ouch, Vemin Boy, maybe you should be careful when you take the subway next.  The creepiest one I had was an old Indian lady giving me a flower for my 19th birthday at the restaurant we went to for dinner.

I'm turning 21 in a few weeks, and I have loved being 20.  One of the best years I've had in a while: uni was still at the stage where I didn't have to plan a future, and I got to take some really kickass classes, my girlfriend and I celebrated our first full year together, and of course, random idiocy.  Ah, 20 was a good age...  

I really feel sorry for all those who have to wait for 21 to be allowed to go out to drink; the legal age is 18 here.   I mean, not everyone has to drink to go out to a club and have a great night, just seeing new places and having fun with your friends is what I like most about that particular freedom!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Glenn
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2005, 06:39:58 PM »

Don't sweat it.  I was DEPRESSED when I turned 25, and that seems to be the same course as I head toward 4-0.

My advice:  Get a job, save your money, and focus on you and your future.  It's odd, but every 10 years from 25 I start re-evaluating things.  It takes about 6 months to get through, but it happened at 25, 35, and I suspect 45.  Open a Roth IRA, for God's sake!  It's amazing how time flies by.

Glenn
Scott H.
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2005, 07:43:11 PM »

Think of 20 this way (my twentieth is a month away)..... You can still pull off the high school look while picking up girls at the football game and still play the 21-year-old part at the bar with your fake picking up the moms of those teens with whom you scored.....

Being twenty is the radius around which the rest of the hip world revolves. It is the crux of civilization. Without it, how would you know what cocaine was like and go on to be a president of some civilized country? Without being 20, who would cops bust for drinking? High school kids? Too easy....... If you weren't 20, parents wouldn't let your lazy ass back into their house because you don't work. 20-year-olds can still be politically charged and not worry about their "record." A 20-year-old is just old enough to be taken seriously, but still young enough to f**k up and still get back on top (try that one when you're 40). A 20-year-old is on top of the world, because they know in a few years, they will be making the world's decisions.

To say the least... being 20 is easy. So buy the ticket and take the ride, it's one hell of a trip.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Happy birthday to me? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.