Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:43:19 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Does anyone else recall these weird television events? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does anyone else recall these weird television events?  (Read 828 times)
Steven Byczek
« on: May 07, 2005, 04:55:14 PM »

Hi friends. Here are some weird television memories I want to share with you. I am posting the first one for a friend who does not own a computer. He wants to know if anybody recalls a movie shown on CBS in the mid 70's. He cannot recall the title of the movie, or who starred in it, or who directed it. It may have been a made for t.v. movie,a made for t.v.special,or a pilot for a new t.v. show that never made it as a weekly series. The plot revolved around an incredibly ugly princess who was going to inherit her father's (the king's) fortune as soon as he died. However,the rules and regulations in their kingdom dictated she had to be married in order to inherit her father's money. Her relatives were scrambling around trying to find a husband for her but no guy wanted to date her because she was referred to as the "Ugliest Woman in the World". He cannot recall if it was a comedy or a drama,but the trailer was shown while he was watching "Captain Kangaroo" one weekday morning,and it creeped him out. He thinks they may have even had a parental warning during the commercial urging adults to not let their children watch the movie because of her incredibly ugy face. Does anyone recall this television event? No...it was not "The Girl Most Likely To" starring Stockard Channing. That was a made for t.v. movie made in 1973,and his movie probably came out in 1975 or 1976. My strange film was a pilot for a t.v. program shown in the summer of 1984. I think it was called "Wishman" and it involved a little boy who witnessed a flying saucer crash in his backyard. The pilot of the spaceship turned out to be a small alien creature with an incredibly ugly face. The little boy became friends with the alien but always placed a paper bag over the creatures face. The bag was not removed until the final scene in the program. I remember the t.v. network hyping up the pilot episode during the trailers by placing a square box over the image of the alien's face. Obviously this was a marketing gimmick to get people to watch the episode. This thing never made it as a weekly series as well,and no it was not "E.T." or "Mac and Me." Please let me know if anybody recalls either or of these two very strange television events. Thank you! Sincerely,Steve.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Does anyone else recall these weird television events? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.