Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:55:39 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: neighbor from hell « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: OT: neighbor from hell  (Read 4896 times)
Susan
« on: May 08, 2005, 11:11:46 PM »

I have a question, are there laws about draining used motor oil on the ground? I have these idiot kid neighbors who did that very thing. I guess they have car problems (seems like after he was sent to jail and the car was impounded it was never the same). Then when working on it in their parking space they must have ended up dumping another 2 gallons of that stuff all over the space.

To top it off this afternoon i come home and saw that they leaked an excessive amount of motor oil all on their front doorway going down the stairs onto the landing and down the stairs onto the sidewalk. So now *I* have to worry about tracking it into my house and car. I don't want any confrontations with them because he thinks he's eminem and they do drugs over there, the neighbors called the cops on them for loud music in their car and i don't want them thinking it was me. When he was in jail i think his girlfriend broke the window in order to get into the house, or somebody tried breaking in. Ever since then i bought an alarm for my door.

I sent the manager a complaint letter this evening, i have no idea how responsive they'll be but i demand they make him clean up that s**t. A friend at work told me something about there being laws against intentional oil dumping but i didn't think it would apply to vehicles. But the way he's pouring it all over the place it's turning into exxon valdez around here

Menard
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 11:20:52 PM »

I don't know about all areas, but I do know that where I live there is a regulation that requires a person to capture their used motor oil in some kind of a container and take it to a service station or other place where it can properly be disposed. As I have not violated the regulation, I do not know what kind of reparation is involved with such. I do know that various places have such regulations and you may want to contact your local police department to see if it is their jurisdiction or, if not, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 07:23:04 AM »

These sorts of things generally come under Environmental Regulation.  Your state may require signs at gas stations that say something like "customer is responsible for all spills."  In any case, you might want to contact your State environmental agency (in South Carolina, for example, that is called DHEC - Department of Health and Environmental Control).

Though it is not really hazardous in small quantities, that would be considered a hazardous materials spill, and since it was intentional, the violator should be responsible for the clean-up.  If the Environmental folks get involved, clean-up will be far more involved than just throwing down some oil-dry (or kitty litter), and may cost thousands of dollars (or more).

You may be able to report it anonymously.

Good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
raj

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 09:12:04 AM »

There are federal laws about this, as well as (most likely, even in Texas) state laws.  The apartment complex owners could be held liable so it would be in their interest to get those jokers out.  If enough people complain about the NfH, it might convince the property manager to evict 'em.
odinn7

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 07:20:04 PM »

Definitely laws about this. They won't do much about a spill from a car but intentional spills and dumping is illegal. From Castrol Oil comes this little interesting tidbit: 1 gallon of used motor oil is enough to contaminate 1 million gallons of water. Think about that. I would call the cops and see what they say. You could do that or buy an Uzi and take care of the problem that way too. I just doubt you're that violent Susan.

Post Edited (05-09-05 19:21)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Eirik
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 10:46:18 PM »

Best advice: Don't confront the guy under any circumstances and don't risk him finding out you reported him.  In my experience, dumbasses like this don't stay in one place too long.  He's a minor annoyance and he'll be gone soon.  Either he'll get himself evicted, get thrown back in jail, wrap his car and forehead around a phone pole (if the gene pool is lucky), or move on at the urging of some equally dumbass girlfriend or cronies with some big plans somewhere "cooler".  

But if you start a p**sing contest, believe me, he won't let it slide and he won't back down.  You probably wouldn't be in any direct danger, but your car would and so would any outdoor pets you may have.  The music would get louder and the hallway would get messier.  Guys like this are real good at f---ing with people without leaving enough for the cops to do anything.

People like this don't last long and are generally not worth getting mixed up with.

It's sucky advice, I know.  But revel with your thoughts of where this guy is going to be in 15 years when the metabolism slows down, the drugs catch up with his face, the hair falls out, and suddenly he's not in such high demand among the ladies.  These are the guys cops find dead in ditches next to empty cases of whisky.
Menard
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 11:28:35 PM »

A little subtle harassment doesn't hurt.

If you can find out his name and phone number, you can go by some grocery stores where they have a brochures section (usually in the entry) where there are several services to be found like the Bedwetting Institute. You can fill in his information and some of these services will bug the life out of him; not to mention that some will send him reading material in clearly marked envelopes.

Get one of these adult movie (xxx) mags and send in his information for some sextoy catalogs (and not something you think would actually interest him).

If he has a girlfriend, buy some women's panties, spray just a light mist of perfume on them, and mail them to him. An optional note like 'thinking of you' or 'you loved these so much, I figured you would want them' would be a bonus.

Of course..ahem...these are techniques which I have heard about; not that I would actually use them. (:

2xSlick
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 07:20:35 AM »

Wow, Menard. Subtle. I would just stick a little note on the window that said:

Billie, the Environmentally Conscience Beaver is sad when people dump motor oil. Do it again and I'll key your car. Hck hck hck.

http://www.youtube.com/user/2xslickvs -For the worst in video game and movie reviews, mostly dealing with zombies.
odinn7

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 07:26:57 AM »

Or...just go with the Uzi...

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 07:34:25 AM »

Hmmm.....

Does he park his car over the oil?  If so you could always lay down some rags in the oil and pile some on top and pray for spontanious combustion.  

Wouldn't that be fun?

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Diablo44.
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 08:50:50 AM »

If he doesn't have any pets, break into his apartment and take a crap on his floor.

Is that too crass? I'm a crass guy. But the look on his face would be priceless. . .
(in an Eminem voice): "YO! WHO DUMPED ON MY FLOOR?! DAT'S WACK! Did I dump on my floor?"

Rob
The KO Picture Show
raj

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 09:54:08 AM »

Ooooh, make them gay sex magazines (not that there's anything wrong with it).
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »

People we have to remember Susan is a women so crapping on floors and Uzis might not be refined for her. She needs to seduce him get him into her apartment then when their about to do the deed, take her foot that has a high heel on and stab him in the throat with it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can’t give it, you can't buy it, and you just don't get it!-Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

odinn7

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 11:21:48 AM »

I like how you think Rich.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2005, 11:36:25 AM »

I knew you would :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can’t give it, you can't buy it, and you just don't get it!-Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: neighbor from hell « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.