Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:47:56 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What frightened you as a kid/teenager? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: What frightened you as a kid/teenager?  (Read 32354 times)
Susan
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2005, 10:34:01 PM »

ulthar wrote:>
> The thought of unseen hands grabbing at me is ultra-freaky.

Tonight as you go to bed, think about what scares you, boogymen and things in the closet. Then turn out the light and stand in the dark for just a moment. Get in bed, and leave your foot dangling off the edge of the bed - just enough so that you might feel a hand come out from under the bed and wrap it's cold fingers around your ankle....

Susan
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2005, 10:35:38 PM »

Thanks for reminding me about "That's Incredible", i used to watch that and Real People. Good stuff

Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2005, 11:18:46 PM »

I was scared of the sounds of sirens because of that Roger Corman movie "Not of this Earth".  We lived in Gainesville, Florida and whenever I heard sirens my mom said I ran inside screaming.  Now that I have the movie I don't understand why it was so scary.
Susan
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2005, 10:52:12 PM »

Here's another that just came to me. It didn't "frighten" me so much as it always disturbed me. No idea why, but the tom petty video "Don't come around here no more".

Even now when i hear the song it's like i'm getting some post traumatic lsd flashbacks or something

Post Edited (05-25-05 22:55)
Dr. Kobb
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2005, 08:04:46 PM »

I feel ya on that Tom Petty video, Susan.  Love the song itself, tho'.

I thought of two other filmic things that warped young Dr. Kobb:

One was the scene in "Attack of the Giant Leeches"(`59) where the people are laying around the cave, too drained to defend themselves, while the leeches do their thing.  The rubbery leech-costumes get clowned-on in alotta reviews for this movie, but I think that, for the money, they worked superbly!  I recently watched it again, and loved every minute of it.

Also, when I was really little, one of my older siblings was watching "Invaders From Mars"(`53).  I was tiny at the time, but I recall the leader of the Martians, with the oversized head and the tentacle arms, gave me some wicked/evil nightmares that night!

Archivist
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2005, 09:38:36 PM »

Oooh, I just remembered another one.  There is a Jon Pertwee Dr Who story called 'The Green Death', involving giant mutant grubworm/larva things that ooze some nasty green toxic waste.  There is a scene in which these wriggling horrors can be seen behind the glass of a tank (or something).

I was really quite young when I saw that one on TV, and the thought of these huge maggot/larva/worm things crawling around the house, oozing their green slime onto the floor and windows was horrifying.

Come to think of it, Dr Who had a number of scary things that probably warped the minds of little kids.

~Archivist~
saintmort
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2005, 11:21:59 PM »

Remember the part where Alice is a Cake and they're cutting her up and eating her?

That wasn't his only weird video though

I recall Mary Jane's Last Dance he steals a morgue and dances and eats with her and realizes she dead so lays her in the ocean and then her eyes open.
Archivist
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2005, 02:14:35 AM »

Alice is a cake... you're going to have to remind me about that one.  And Mary Jane?  Um, are we talking about the same thing?
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2005, 07:51:37 AM »

Archivist wrote:

> Alice is a cake... you're going to have to remind me about that
> one.  And Mary Jane?  Um, are we talking about the same thing?

He was referring to the post Susan made about the Tom Petty video.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What frightened you as a kid/teenager? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.