Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:40:32 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anybody recall name of this movie? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anybody recall name of this movie?  (Read 983 times)
Neil Creighton
« on: May 13, 2005, 11:31:33 PM »

Ok, need help from any of you classic sci fi movie buffs out there.  I'm 39, and remember at about age 10 watching this movie on television.  My best guess is that this sci fi movie was made in the 50's, i think it was in black and white.  Remember very little about the movie, other than it took place mostly in some caverns, the father of the main lady character is the boss of some construction, or dig/exploration crew, and he has office shack built in this cavern.  And there's some leading man character, who likes the daughter... and i think she shows him around and introduces to dad and the cavern and the dig or whatever... and anyway... some kind of foamy slime starts invading the caverns, or starts weeping from the walls and crevices.. and it's deadly, and the crew is slowly being killed, and everyone is being surrounded, and somehow there's a fire and the boss's shack catches on fire, and believe dad dies inside, while leading man and leading woman watch, and they end up the only two left, searching for a way out, and the foamy slime is all over the place... and at the very end, they come to a pool of water, and decide to take their chances diving into the pool of water, with all the foamy slime ready to make contact with them... and now that i think of it, i want to say that there's earthquakes that might have started the fires (underground lava flows?), and perhaps that secreated these foamy slime things... or maybe there wasn't foamy slime things at all... and it was just lava flows/pools... though i swear there was foamy slimey things.... anyway, they jump into the pool, you see them swimming underwater, and they come up at the mouth of a cave on some beach, which they walk to, shillouetted, as the movie ends....

Anybody know the name of this movie?
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 05:05:07 PM »

I believe that you watched "The Unknown Terror."  Here is Dr. Freex's review:

http://www.stomptokyo.com/badmoviereport/reviews/U/UnknownTerror.html

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Neil Creighton
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 07:29:17 PM »

Andrew -

i never expected a reply so quickly.  i went to the site/page you listed, and this could very well be the movie... though, i don't remember it as it reads.  that is, again, i was only ten when i saw it, and just the highlights of foam on the cave walls, and the ending, are etched in my mind... so, the whole story itself, was never really remembered.

i think i'll need to see the movie, and then i'll know for sure... it's one of those things like remembering a smell from your youth, i'll know it when i see it.

now, all i have to do is find the movie somehow...

many, many thanks.

p.s.  anybody else with other possible movies that this may be, please respond (no offense andrew, but, just in case there is a different movie i'm thinking of - though, i doubt it, the ending from the movie you mentioned seems so on with what i remember).
Dr. Kobb
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 12:43:30 AM »

Neil, WWW.VIDEOSCREAMS.COM has a print of "The Unknown Terror", although I'm sure you can find it elsewhere, too.

Best,  Dr. Kobb

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anybody recall name of this movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.