Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:35:41 AM
713395 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What are your favorite movies to watch . . . « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What are your favorite movies to watch . . .  (Read 2158 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 15, 2005, 07:20:02 PM »

I have certain movies (or types of movies) that I enjoy watching under certain circumstances.  Here we go:

LATE NIGHT - WEEKENDS:  This is when I usually watch two types of movies:  1) European horror movies or thrillers from the 1960s and 1970s (such as Dario Argento movies, Mario Bava movies, Lucio Fulic movie, etc.) and 2) Teenage gang and/or biker movies from the 1950s and 1960s (such as GIRL GANG, TEENAGE GANG DEBS or ANGEL UNCHAINED).

RAINY/SNOWY DAYS:  Disaster movies (such as THE TOWERING INFERNO and THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE) or escape movies (such as THE GREAT ESCAPE or PAPILLON).

SUNDAY NIGHTS:  Epics, like THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA or BRAVEHEART.

Do you have certain types of movies that you like to watch on certain days or under certain circumstances?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott H.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 10:40:56 PM »

Saturday mornings - Godzilla or some other campy monster franchise. They're like Saturday morning cartoons for a wee old chap.

Mondays - I usually reserve this day (or coincidentally choose it over and over again) for a movie with substance. Last week was catching up on the new Star Wars episodes in time for episode 3. This week, I'm rewatching Kubrick's Lolita.

Thursdays - They are perfect for kung fu. Thursday somehow became the drinking night where I go to school, so there's a perfect transference for coming back home for the summer (Greensboro, NC represent), and nothing complements drinking better than chop socky kung fu. I got a million of them I've been collecting in my personal library for five odd years now.

Sunday - tonight I'm going to watch some movie I've never seen before but have bought and is now in my closet.

Wow. I never thought about keeping a movie agenda for a day to day basis. If I keep this schedule, I'll be able to remember what I've seen and incorporate them into daily speech@! Holy A-D-D batman! Thanks for the great idea Burgo.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 11:01:51 PM »

Fridays- I like to go to the movies to see a new flick.

Sat or Sunday- Usually Catch up on any netflick movies I have lying around or If I get a movie I really want to see, I keep it for the weekend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can’t give it, you can't buy it, and you just don't get it!-Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

dean

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 04:29:01 AM »

Since I have a steady stream of movies coming in from a Netflix related system, I've been going through those as quickly as I can.  At the moment I have Zombie Holocaust, Bad Taste and Starship Troopers 2.

I have yet to watch them all properly, but they look promising enough [except for Starship Troopers, which has a Dracula 3000 vibe to it that I don't like, but time will tell]

I find that I watch alot of TV show dvds, especially in the morning while I eat my breakfast or just before I go to bed.

Recently it has been Season 3 of Family Guy or the first two seasons of Stargate and Firefly [which I have borrowed from the library]

Other than that, I tend to generally rotate my viewing habits.  Unless its a TV series, I tend not to like watching the same Genre too many times in a row, so I try and mix it up a bit, though mainly my viewing habits are either Sci Fi, Anime or whatever B-movie I have from Quickflix [where I luckily have a steady stream of pure crap filtering through]

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
odinn7

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 07:46:10 AM »

I don't have any specific times or days for movies. The way it works for me is that I go through phases. Right now I'm in the mindless action movie phase. A few weeks ago I was in the undead phase where I watched all the zombie movies that I own.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Susan
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 09:39:00 PM »

Anything i can get from the library, and i usually get about 6 films per week. I usually keep them for the whole week since I like to be in the mood to watch certain films. But, friday nights I like to watch anything scary or creepy. "Nightmare on Elm Street" or "exorcist III", anything with a chill factor where I can grab a coke and popcorn and relax on the sofa with the lights off and not feel guilty if i nod off in the middle of it since i had a long work week.

Saturday afternoons I'm often out, Saturday nights i tend to watch something more along the lines of a Tarrantino film or Silence of the lambs, it's a whole different atmosphere. i'm not tired from the week and i don't need the lights out so i kick back on the floor on my big pillow and watching something fun. Sunday afternoons I like watching oldies, like "The Towering Inferno" or ANY disaster/killer bug movie from the 70's. Sunday afternoons always just seemed so well suited for this genre. Unfortunatly our library doesn't seem to have an appreciate for the finer cinematic insect movies...but have "Poseiden adventure" movies in stock

I have noticed that while i try and buy movies that i'll re-watch over and over, u can never tell which ones will somehow have that x-factor. U know what I mean, it's not that the movie may necessarily be fantastic, but you always grab it when you are undecided as to what to watch. I reorganized my dvd shelf so that the top one is reserved for the most watched, that way i don't have to hunt them out. Oscar winners? no way, stuff like "nightbreed", "dawn of the dead", "Terminator"..they always serve as backups for those nights when i just don't know what i feel like watching.

saintmort
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 07:58:31 AM »

I too am going through at Netflix stage of films currently in I <3 Huckabees, Very Bad Things and Zoolander

but

Thursday Nights = Indie Night...I show a group of like 30 kids various Indie films (OR Movies theys hould have seen by now), last week was Chasing Amy this week is American Psycho and then...American Splendor (REALLLY GOOOD if you haven't see it)

Wednesday nights have unoffically turned into like  80's nostalga night only because 2 weeks ago we watched MOnster Squad, and last week we watched Goonies and I think tomorrow they're coming over to watch Adventures in Babysitting
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 11:34:28 AM »

Thursday night is when I'm usually in the mood for something cheesy. That's the day I've been up since 4am, operating on three or four hours of sleep. I don't want anything challenging.

Friday and Saturday evenings are great too. Generally, I'll try to sqeeze something in whenever I can. What it is depends on my mood.

Right now, I'm renting Bond films two at a time. My wife hasn't seen most of them, and she's really enjoying them. So, Friday and Saturday will be Bond night for a while.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
daveblackeye15

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 11:53:55 AM »

I'm in a rush at the moment but I will say that Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my personal favorites, also the the first three released Star Wars movies. Classics!

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Diablo44.
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 02:34:31 PM »

For my review site, I stay pretty genre specific (boxing/fighting movies), but I try to rotate the dramas, the action movies, and the comedies within that format. Too much overwrought boxing-drama starts to rot my brain. I'll watch these movies on the nights that my fiance works late (Mon. thru Wed.). Otherwise, we stick to the newest releases from NetFlix or at the box office. I convinced her to watch "Hitchhiker's Guide. . ", but she was not impressed. . . sigh. . . .

Rob
The KO Picture Show
Steve Byczek
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 07:55:21 PM »

I usually select movies based on whatever kind of mood I am in. If I am depressed,I need a horror film that is very scary,disturbing,and if possible violent and gory to snap me out of my sadness. If I am stressed out from a long day at work,almost any monster movie from any era will do. If I am in a  good mood,I typically have a craving for sci-fi since it can be so optimistic and exciting. My wife does not like horror films so I save the dramas,the comedies, and the "light thrillers" for whenever we watch a movie together.

Sincerely,Steve.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What are your favorite movies to watch . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.