Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:11:56 PM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bizarre shows you saw as a kid. . . « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Bizarre shows you saw as a kid. . .  (Read 9843 times)
Dr. Kobb
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2005, 03:04:30 PM »

Here's a vague show memory that fits in perfectly with the focus of this thread:

Approximately mid-`70's, I watched a show(I don't recall if it was an episode of something, or a TV movie, or what) that featured a guy that hung out with the hippies in the park of a major metropolitan area.  I think he sold drugs.  His distinguishing trademark was, he was blue.  I think they even called him the 'Blue Boy', or the 'Blue Kid', or something similar.  I mean, this guy was blue like those performance artists, the Blue Men blue.  All's I recall is, at some point, two women get him in a tub and make him permanently blue, using dyes or something.

I know.  I know.  I really don't expect any solutions to this conundrum.  I saw this thing, but memory may be abit hazy on certain specifics.  I'm thinking it might've been an episode of some detective show.  But which one?  There were so damn many back then, between Cannon, Barnaby Jones, Baretta, Ironside, etc. etc...
Master Blaster
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2005, 03:35:36 PM »

I remember a similar episode of Dragnet where this kid paints himself blue and yellow and runs amok after dropping acid. He called himself "Blueboy".
Dr. Kobb
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2005, 10:15:13 AM »

DAMN!  You guys are good!  That's gotta be the very one(perhaps minus some faulty memory elaborations on my part)!  Many thanks for solving what I imagined to be the unsolvable, Master Blaster.

Now, to locate that one episode...

"They turned a forbidden paradise into a raging hell!"
Anonymous User
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2005, 11:39:45 PM »

....you guys mentioned some good shows.....I used to love to watch Ultra Man.....I would run around and raise my hand like I was turning into him...(you'll know what I mean if you saw the show) .........My sister  used to like some show called 'The Phoenix'.............the  earliest memory of tv I have is of some cartoon of a boy that was always underwater & had some kind of gum that gave him air.....if anybody knows what I am talking about, I would love to look it up.......thanks
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2005, 12:21:13 AM »

I don't I'm quite sure this existed but I don't think it was a show. Around VERY early in the morning I'd sometimes wake up and see this (When I was about 8 or 9...8 years ago about) It was odd but somebody was supposedly interviewing animals in a zoo. I don't know what they were talking about but it was done seriously. The only thing that could be considered humoress was I think they were intereviewing the Rhinos and we could see the back end of one in the background, it lifted it's taile and pooped. This always made me giggle a little being a little kid an all.  Everything else went over my head because I was too young to understand it.

....Poop...

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2005, 07:46:25 AM »

Re: Mofo

Hey!  I remember that show!  It wasn't You Can't Do That On Television though but it was most of the cast from that show - Alister ?(if I remember right?) and they were in a space ship where they could summon food and the Alister character always wanted anchovies - they ended up ditching their alien captives and Alister was trying to fly the ship back to Earth (through the sun?)  but they ended it when they asked if it would take them to the right Earth or something.  It was a Nicolodean special with cast from some of the other shows.  Well that's what I remember of it.

Speaking of shows we've seen that can't remember ....  when I was little I used to watch the same sh!t my babysitters watched -and for some reason I remeber them being soo much scarier than they probably were.  One I barely remember were people taking mud baths and turning into some kinda monsters.  

The other one, which I wish I could remember the name, was about an old hotel ran by an old man and old lady (not Motel Hell -it was before that I think) -this might have been on the Movie Channel back when it was the only one.  Anyway, the old folks would wear old people masks(?), taunt, and murder folks who stayed -the old guy usually used an axe.  I barely remember much else except for rusty old chain elavators, an early scene where a woman gets axed while trying to use a phone, and the last scene, the old man accidently axes his wife!  Anyone remember this flick?  I'm guessing it was in the late '70s but can't be sure.

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2005, 04:07:01 PM »

clockworkcanary wrote:

> Re: Mofo
>
> Hey!  I remember that show!  It wasn't You Can't Do That On
> Television though but it was most of the cast from that show -
> Alister ?(if I remember right?) and they were in a space ship
> where they could summon food and the Alister character always
> wanted anchovies - they ended up ditching their alien captives
> and Alister was trying to fly the ship back to Earth (through
> the sun?)  but they ended it when they asked if it would take
> them to the right Earth or something.  It was a Nicolodean
> special with cast from some of the other shows.  Well that's
> what I remember of it.
>

Well that explains why it didn't feel like an average YCDTOT episode.  It doesn't bring up any new memories, but at least it's been verified outside myself.

And here it is!  Wow.  Look at the comments page.  Almost every person who commented is getting at the same experience which prompted me to start this thread.

Thank you, clockworkcanary.  You've solved a mystery that's been bugging me for years.

P.S. I've written a bit more about it on my blog, but it's not really badmovie related so I'm only posting the link.

Post Edited (06-15-05 16:49)

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Susan
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2005, 10:10:18 PM »

Figured i'm briefly revive this thread to provide a link for the YCDTOT intro

YOU CAN"T DO THAT ON TELEVISION

Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2005, 11:58:00 PM »

I'm getting a vague recollection of another Nickelodeon program. I forget the name of the show, but basically they'd show a condensed version of a venerable old movie, with a re-dubbed comic dialogue.

I remember it was hosted by a Kenny Loggins lookalike (and honestly, what white man didn't look like Kenny Loggins in the 80's?) . The only episode I clearly remember was the showing of DOA, starring Edmond O'Brian, they constantly riffed on his resemblance to Ricky Ricardo, and I remember a scene of him running through a crowd yelling "TAG, You're IT!!".  Of Course, I drank quite a bit in the 90's, so this could all be the product of delayed DT's.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Mr. Hockstatter
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2005, 09:14:28 AM »

I remember this show hosted by Kukla, Fran and Ollie (Fran was a woman, the other two were puppets).  They stood around and chatted for a while, then they showed some kids movie.  I think they were usually foreign films, quite good (if my taste as a 5 year old is to be trusted).  Seemed like it was on every week.

The New Avengers - this had Patrick McNee in it, but Diana Rigg was replaced by two characters named Purdy and Gambit.  Really cool show, better than the original I'd say.  Wish they would put it on DVD.  Oh, I just looked it up, it is available on DVD.  There's another pair of $70 season sets to put on the wishlist.

The Animated Star Trek - now there was a bizarre show.  They showed it a while back on the Cartoon Network, but I only caught a few episodes.  I guess it's available on video tape.

There was some weird show I remember watching back in the '70s, it was about a husband and wife, but the wife had ESP and could read her husbands mind.  I imagine this led to many comedic scenes.  Can't remember anything about it except the premise.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bizarre shows you saw as a kid. . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.