Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:43:46 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith  (Read 9377 times)
BloodyCider
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2005, 12:02:08 AM »

Actually, I didn't mind Vader's "NOOOOOOOO!" Would you have rather had him laugh maniaclly after learning of the death of the love of his life??   I'm not trying to be a Star Wars geek or anything, but how would anything else have led to a redeemable villain?  I know the "NO!" thing doesn't sound right coming from Vader, but what else was he supposed to do?  Personally, I think Lucas should've made episodes 7, 8, and 9, instead of doing 1, 2, and 3.  Actually, I think Lucas even mentioned in an interview that the reason why he made Episode IV first was because he knew it was more fun and interesting, more or less, then the whole Trade Embargo storyline (eps. 1-3).  Please feel free to criticize this!
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2005, 07:36:23 AM »

I think, as someone else mentioned earlier, I would rather just had Vader destroy the room as he did without the ridiculous "NOOOOOOOO". It would've gotten the point across without being so silly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
akiratubo

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2005, 07:44:28 PM »

You people are picky. :p

This is easily the best of the Star Wars movies, by a large margin.  In fact, I'm going to go ahead and say it's the best movie I've ever seen.

It did what few movies have ever done: it sucked me in.  I was there.  I was a part of it.  I felt the lightsabres singing my hair during the battle with Grievous.  I felt Anakin's torment when he was looking across the city toward Padme.  I felt Yoda's determination when he fought the Emperor.  And I felt the heat and the emotion during Obi-Wan's fight with Anakin.

It was just an incredible movie.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2005, 09:35:46 PM »

Bloody Cider, how many times in your life have you yelled NOOOOO or heard someone else do so? It's how characters express despair in movies written by people who give no thought at all to how people express despair in real life (that and WHYYYYYY???)
BloodyCuntCider
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2005, 02:10:27 AM »

I cried "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" today when I found out that they're gonna remake Adventures in Babysitting, if that counts.  Actualy, odinn is right.  Vader should've just destroyed the room and then maybe get into an evil pose and breath heavily for a couple of seconds, and then have the Emperor say something about Vader's anger or something.  But since that didn't happen, all I can think of is that maybe Lucas wanted to back up Luke's statement in ROTJ:  "I can sense the good in you."  You never know, maybe 20 years from now, there will be a Special Edition of ROTS where the "NOOOOO!" is erased, kinda like when they got rid of Luke's maniacal scream in the current DVD version of ESB...
Zapranoth
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2005, 04:09:53 PM »

What?!?

They took out the face-twisted-up "No... No..!  ...    KNOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!"   ?

That's the most awesomely bad overacting in the original trilogy!  :/  How could they mess with it.

I have heard rumors that Spielberg may, possibly, might, maybe, perhaps be thinking about considering thinking about starting  to ponder potentially doing episodes 7-9?  Can anyone confirm/deny?
Menard
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2005, 04:13:43 PM »

If they wait much longer, they will have to call it Walker Wars: The Retirement Years.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2005, 01:00:01 PM »

I can't confirm or deny that rumour, but I know originally there were suppose to be nine episodes in the series, so it doesn't look impossible.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2005, 05:04:41 PM »

I saw Lucas deny the whole 9 episodes rumor.  He is playing with the idea of a TV series that takes place between Ep's III&IV.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2005, 07:31:23 PM »

It's been long known that Lucas whole saga is nine episodes long.  However, Lucas has said he won't do the last three.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.