Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:44:55 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Descent" 90210 (aka "The Core" rip-off) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Descent" 90210 (aka "The Core" rip-off)  (Read 4254 times)
nobody
« on: May 21, 2005, 11:18:53 PM »

The Scifi Channel movie "Descent" just started, and already I'm rolling on the floor laughing at how cheesy it is.

Beverly Hills 90210's "Dillan" is a 60+ year old "young", hip scientist who'll soon be traveling to the earth's core to stop the destructive nature of an awful lot of bad CGI that's ravaging the planet.

What a sad Saturday night this is. But if I lived through "The Core", starring Hillary Swank, I can live through this.
Foywonder
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 01:50:42 AM »

Haven't watched it yet but I'm taping it to watch later. It's a pretty sad state of affairs when a film company starts ripping off THE CORE.
Mr Hockstatter
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 08:44:05 AM »

That underground spaceship movie with Wesley Crusher and Dax from DS9 was just about the most un-entertaining thing I've ever sat through.  And now here's another one, with Warf from the Next Generation?  And that Dylan guy from 90210?

Oh jeez.  Couldn't they have at least gotten Brenda from 90210?  I mean, she hosted Scare Tactics, why can't Sci-Fi get her to be in a bunch of their crappy movies?  I'd be sitting in the recliner, beer in hand, VCR ready to record if they had her in their movies.  Dream on I guess.

TheFoywonder
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 02:41:26 PM »

Mr Hockstatter wrote:

> That underground spaceship movie with Wesley Crusher and Dax
> from DS9 was just about the most un-entertaining thing I've
> ever sat through.  

Ah, yes, DEEP CORE, a truly lousy movie that at least has two things going for it.

#1: Wesley Crusher dies a horrible, screaming death. That's always a plus.

#2: The way they escape inner earth is by riding a lava flow to the surface, exactly as was done in THE CORE, only DEEP CORE preceded THE CORE. So who ripped off who?
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 07:52:16 AM »

This was terribly bad and not in a good sort of way. I couldn't stand that Luke Perry when he was popular and now I like him even less. Sure, he was certainly believeable as the scientist...right....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Big Wet Furball
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 04:49:10 AM »

TheFoywonder wrote: " The way they escape inner earth is by riding a lava flow to the surface, exactly as was done in THE CORE, only DEEP CORE preceded THE CORE. So who ripped off who?"

Actually, I think they're both ripping off "Journey To The Center Of The Earth." And of course, since everybody and their ugly mama's putting CGI lava in their videos these days...
Mr Hockstatter
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 08:20:48 AM »

I tried watching that last night.  Only made it 20 minutes in.  Then I'd check back when there were commercials on the channel I was watching, but basically, the commercials were better.  I cought some conversation where one guy was telling about a new fireproof material the military had developed, that allowed firefighters to walk through flames and extinguish oil well fires.  So this other guy says "I have no interest in hearing about your weapons of mass destruction!"

Honestly, it's not even worth the effort to think up a sarcastic putdown.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Descent" 90210 (aka "The Core" rip-off) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.