Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:34:09 AM
714352 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scenes in the trailer that were NOT in the movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scenes in the trailer that were NOT in the movie  (Read 2902 times)
Chainsawmidget
« on: August 24, 2011, 09:26:30 PM »

In the trailer for G.I. Joe he says "We're putting together a team," yet in the movie, not only do they not have that scene, the team is already together. 

In Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, they walk past two people one of them they push in the water, the other they shove their icecream (or was it cotton candy, I forget) into the person's face.

Almost nothing from the Trailer to Black Christmas was actually in the movie. 

So, what other scenes do you remember seeing in trailers that never actually show up in the movie?
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 01:34:19 AM »

Iron Man (1 or 2) where Robert Downey Jr and Gwyneth Paltrow are standing on top of a building.  She kisses his helmet (not that helmet, dirty people!) and tosses it off the building, and he jumps off after it.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
claws
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 03:47:19 AM »

About 70% footage from The Temp (1993) trailer wasn't in the movie. Most notable scene missing from the movie is a nightmare scene including Lara Flynn Boyle that looked pretty effective in the trailer.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 03:50:25 AM by claws » Logged
Skull
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 09:30:32 AM »

I'm not sure when this trend has started but I believe the intent is not to give away the movie in the trailer, I also believe some of those scenes were from the script that ends up being cut from the film, although there has been a few scenes that seem to be intended for the trailer.

I believe Harry Potter and Shrek has scripted trailers.

:)
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 12:17:19 PM »

Do not forget the apropos tvpage: google for tvtropes NeverTrustATrailer. (Sorry I cannot post link for some reason)
66Crush
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 10:37:35 PM »

I don't know about scenes, but I've seen it happen with songs. The trailer for "The New Guy" included a great song by the band Marvelous 3 called "I Could Change." But the song appears nowhere in the movie.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 01:46:19 AM »

Following on what 66crush said, the song Paper Planes by MIA is used in the trailer of Pineapple Express but not in the film.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Archivist

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 06:28:34 AM »

X-Men First Class: Magneto makes a fist at a Russian guard in a corridor, and the guard collapses, clutching his wrist.  Nowhere in the movie, even though he does go through a Russian-guarded building.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
akiratubo

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 01:32:40 PM »

I don't even know why I remember this.

In the trailer for Mortal Kombat, Liu Kang yells, "You can't run from me, Shang!" at Shang Tsung, to which Shang replies, "I don't NEED to run!"

That scene was not in the movie.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
66Crush
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 12:08:28 AM »

Come to think of it I have seen different takes used in trailers and TV promos that aren't used in the movie or show. Sometimes they are changed for bad language, (Bad Santa for example) other times a different take is used because the actor spoke the dialogue more intensely, which makes the trailer seem more exciting. In a promo for "Smallville" Kristin Kreuk said the line "I can't trust Clark!" real intensely, then they quickly cut to a scene of Lana zapping somebody with her new superpowers. In the actual episode, the scene where she said the line is very low key. The take used was more subtle.
Archivist

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 03:30:37 AM »

I Am Number Four - in the trailer the girl who plays Number Six slides past an alien, slicing across his legs with a sword.  In the movie the scene is there, but with added special effects to make it seem like she's suddenly teleported into the slide.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 01:03:34 PM »

* There's a scene in the trailer for BEVERLY HILLS COP 2 where some people are walking slowly and carefully through a room with a laser-beam alarm system trying not to break the beams.  This scene was not in the theatrical release.

* There's a scene in the DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE trailer where John Travolta says something like, "My son may be afraid of you, but I'm not."  This scene was not in the movie.  I read somewhere they actually filmed it after the movie was already finished for the sole purpose of putting it in the trailer and making Travolta look more like a tough guy who wasn't gonna take any crap from the villain.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 04:02:56 PM »

I've heard peope say that because of how generic it looks and how little is given away that what is seen in The Avengers teaser trailer will not be in the movie.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 01:51:58 PM »

In the trailer for The Road, several scenes of apocalyptic destruction that never appeared in the film.

Babies taste best.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scenes in the trailer that were NOT in the movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.