Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:31:42 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  William Shatner Spaghetti Western ! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: William Shatner Spaghetti Western !  (Read 5513 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: May 25, 2005, 07:38:20 PM »

WHITE COMANCHE (1968) - William Shatner is in his prime here and still has a touch of Kirk in him as he stars and co-stars in this Italian Western shot in Spain.  He plays half breed twin brothers in this one. Half white and half Comanche. One brother lives the Comanche life as a renegade leader and the other is a regular gunslinger who's out to kill his brother for giving him a bad name since they look a like. Their is a decent gun battle downtown between some bad guys and the towns people, but the film is all about the big showdown in streets of town between the two brothers. They fight it out with pistols like jousting knights on horseback and by the time one of them kills the other you can't tell who won because they criss-crossed about 3 times and both reverted to their natives look for the showdown. Joseph Cotton is in the middle of all this as the town sheriff. A must see for Shatner fans all others stay away. For as much as we all like William Shatner he makes for a terrible Western star, but here to get two Shatners for the price of one.

Post Edited (05-25-05 21:15)

nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 07:34:44 AM »

And available as a two-buck DVD, no less.

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
Scott

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 09:52:16 PM »

Yea, I bought it on a 5 movie double disk set from Diamond Entertainment. Here is a list of the films on the disk and the order I liked them.

Find a Place to Die
Any Gun Can Play
Savage Guns
White Comanche
Boot Hill

Nice little bunch for $7.99 at Suncoast.

Ozzymandias
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 03:34:52 AM »

Has anyone seen The Relentless Four with Adam West? I've always wanted to see this.
Dr. Kobb
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 06:50:54 AM »

I wonder if Shatner and West ever played in the same movie?

Now that would be mandatory bad-movie viewing!
Yaddo 42
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 10:02:29 AM »

This was on Turner South about a month ago, but I had seen it years before. I always want to lump it in with the Burt Reynolds flick "Navajo Joe" for some reason.

How is "Any Gun Can Play"? If you've seen it yet. I've wanted to for a while but I've yet to find a disc of it my area, even though it is pretty easy to find online. It turns up on America One from time to time but I can't pick up the local station anymore that carries that network sometimes.

As a side note related to the set you bought, I watched "Ace High" around the time you started a thread on on it, I was disappointed withit  like I think you were. Good cast with too little to do. Did you know it was a sequel to "Boot Hill"? But only in that Hill and Spencer's characters are in both films (Hill being called Cat Stevens in both films). I'd say "Boot Hill" was the better film of the two, wish I could find a restored or cleaned up version that looked as decent as the DVD of "Ace High".
Scott

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 08:04:50 PM »

Good info Yaddo as BOOT HILL does look a bit like ACE HIGH in style.

Your right about William Shatner in WHITE COMANCHE being reminicent of Burt Reynolds in NAVAJO JOE. Both bad movies for sure. Not sure which is worst.

ANY GUN CAN PLAY is a good one and kind of a parady of THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY.

Post Edited (05-29-05 20:07)

Ozzymandias
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2005, 10:15:55 PM »

Shatner and West shot a pilot for a sword and sandal type show called "Alexander the Great."  Both mention it in their books. They thought it would be put on a shelf and instead ABC showed it later on.
Dr. Kobb
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 11:04:05 PM »

Oh wow!  Thanks, Ozzymandias!  That's gotta be one for the ages!  I wonder if it's available on tape or disc.

Ozzymandias
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2005, 09:20:35 PM »

I see it offered from time to time in Filmfax . I also saw a review of it on another webpage. It is prob' in public domain.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2005, 01:34:11 PM »

It was featured on the show, "Off to See the Wizard." Darn! I miss that show. That's the fonly time I ever got a chance to see "Island of the Lost" w/ Richard "The Adventures of Robin Hood" Greene. They mostly showed old movies like "Captain Sindbad" w/ Guy Williams and failed television pilots, not only "Alexander the Great," but also "Hell Cats" w/ Barbara Eden and George Hamilton. There apparently were also a number of short subjects filmed specifically for the program, like "Jack and Jill" w/ Frankie Avalon and Nancy Sinatra and "Simple Simon" w/  Dick Martin and Dan Rowan.

Now, that I think about it, I may have a list of films and failed pilots shown on the show. I'll have to see if I can find it and dig it out, for posting at this site.

As for "Alexander the Great," it also starred, besides William Shatner and Adam West, John Cassavettes, Joseph Cotten, Simon Oakland, etc. How many of them would have been in the television series, I don't know.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2005, 11:52:14 AM »

As I said, here is a last of movies that played on the television show "Off to See the Wizard." Of course, excluding the ones already mentioned.

Clarence, the Cross-Eyed Lion
rhino
huckleberry finn
who's afraid of mother goose
lili
cinderella
mike and the mermaid
zebra in the kitchen
gypsy colt
flipper
tarzan

Some of these films I haven't seen shown anyplace else. Unfortunately, they don't make children's programming like this anymore.

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 02:59:24 PM »

As I said, here is a last of movies that played on the television show "Off to See the Wizard." Of course, excluding the ones already mentioned.

Clarence, the Cross-Eyed Lion
rhino
huckleberry finn
who's afraid of mother goose
lili
cinderella
mike and the mermaid
zebra in the kitchen
gypsy colt
flipper
tarzan

Some of these films I haven't seen shown anyplace else. Unfortunately, they don't make children's programming like this anymore.

There was also Hanna-Barbera's version of "ALICE IN WONDERLAND", which brought us this....

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 03:48:14 PM »

PPPPHHHHHLLLPPPHHHFUFUFUF...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
 BounceGiggle

Where can I find this film? I must see it with my Dad!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  William Shatner Spaghetti Western ! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.