Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:00:36 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Help, what's it called? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help, what's it called?  (Read 2428 times)
Bruce
« on: December 15, 2001, 08:19:23 AM »

Watched a film in mid-80s re. Australian/possibly New Zealand mass murderer who at one ties a woman to a tree and does her in with a trombone with a spike on it - all whilst playing a tune on said trombone.

Claims to be based on a 'true' story about an as yet uncaught musical serial killer.

I am not making this up!
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2001, 08:28:59 AM »

I am thinking it's this one, but Samuel Z. Arkoff and Charles (Legend of Boggy Creek) Pierce are involved, so the "true story" angle is probably a rip from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre or just some other form of hooey.

http://www.coldfusionvideo.com/t/townthatdreadedsundown.html
Bruce
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2001, 08:35:25 AM »

Thanks for the title and revealing the 'true story' bit to be a big old lie.
I watched the movie when I was far too young and have lived in fear of trombones ever since - indeed most brass instruments come to think of it. I can now put that behind me.
Is the film worth watching again?
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2001, 09:20:50 AM »

Oh, hell, I haven't seen it, just wanted to help out. And I can't resist a challenge. (Actually, I all I did was go to Google.com and enter "killer true trombone," and the review link came up immediately.)

However, having seen Boggy Creek...And The Legend Continues on MST3K and The Boogens, I can safely say anything by Charles B. Pierce is tough going. The review I posted the link for has much to say as well. N'ja!
Squishy
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2001, 09:28:05 AM »

I'm mixing up my ground Chucks. Charles B. Pierce didn't have anything to do with The Boogens; that was Charles E. Sellier Jr.--of In Search of Historic Jesus infamy.
Bruce
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2001, 10:17:02 AM »

And disaster strikes.....
Went to track down Legend Of Boggy Creek.....not the trombone man at all!
Boggy Creek is about Big Foot (filmed in docu-Vision).
I knew that I recognised the name as I saw the film when I was about 12.....quite scary for a wee kid!
The hunt from the limping, trombone playing maniac goes on...........
Cullen
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2001, 11:16:39 AM »

"Went to track down Legend Of Boggy Creek.....not the trombone man at all!"

Try "The Town that Dread Sundown."  I think you'll be (un)pleasantly surprised to find that that's the movie you're looking for.

Before you ask, nope, haven't seen this one.  However, I have been researching horror movies for the better part of my life, and I have yet to come across any praise of any kind for this film.

"I watched the movie when I was far too young and have lived in fear of trombones ever since - indeed most brass instruments come to think of it. I can now put that behind me."

Incidentally, I kind of know how you feel.  I watched this episode of an anthology series called "The Dark Room"  once.  It had an adaptation of a Robert Bloch story in it (can't remember the name) which ended with the protagonist looking underneath his bed and seeing the living head of a witch he killed earlier.  He screams and the witch's cat comes out from beneath the bed and takes his tongue out.  I had problems checking underneath the bed for a long time after that (although I knew better.  I swear.)

Pretty sad, I know.
Flangepart
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2001, 12:44:14 PM »

He sure could have used a mirror, the, coulden't he? Useful for checking around suspicious corners (Except when hunting Vampires), and surprising Medusa's.
Squishy
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2001, 04:31:16 PM »

Copy my link. Paste into address bar. The Boggy Creek mention in my post is just to let you know what else the guy has done to us.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Help, what's it called? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.