Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:14:48 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BAD TASTE Limited Edition: Worth the purchase! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BAD TASTE Limited Edition: Worth the purchase!  (Read 1632 times)
Chris K.
« on: December 10, 2001, 04:45:06 PM »

Just watched my 2 disk BAD TASTE Limited Edition DVD and all I can say is it was worth my $26.00! The transfer quality in 1.66:1 Widescreen is EXCELENT. Though their are some sequences that show minor scenes of grain, if not restored it would have probably looked REALLY BAD. The THX enhanced sound is also great (the squishing sounds of the blood splattering everywhere can now be heard with great sound quality).

The extras? Okay, the extras are VERY LIMITED. We get a theatrical trailer that looks real nice and not to showy in terms of gore or violence. A Peter Jackson bio is also present on the DVD and is chock full of info on the man behind his "splatstick" features like BRAINDEAD and BAD TASTE, while going over his serious HEAVENLY CREATURES (note to fans: Jackson didn't really want the audience to take HEAVENLY CREATURES seriously at all says the bio).

The second disk features the 25 minute documentary GOOD TASTE MADE BAD TASTE and it gives us a good glimpse of the man himself, Peter Jackson. Jackson shows all his effects tricks he used in BAD TASTE, his homemade camera equipment, and some of his earlier projects like CURSE OF THE GRAVEWALKERS shot in Super 8 CinemaScope (I kid you not)!

Also, the disk set comes with a small 18 page booklet interviewing three of "The Boys" and their experiences of making BAD TASTE.

Overall, worth my money and I was not disappointed at all. Sure, Jackson could have done and audio commentary but he was too buisy with THE LORD OF THE RINGS trillogy and if BAD TASTE is re-issued by Anchor Bay with a Jackson commentary then I will buy that too. I know I will be seeing THE LORD OF THE RINGS when it comes out on Wed. 19th (hell, my dad is suprised that Jackson was responsible for BAD TASTE after expressing interest in seeing THE LORD OF THE RINGS).

Now I suggest to Anchor Bay is that right after the first film is released, they should release BRAINDEAD when the second LORD OF THE RINGS film comes out, and then MEET THE FEEBLES as soon as the third one emerges! Just a thought.

Questions or comments?
Andrew
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2001, 08:32:13 PM »

I must say, once cleaned up and remixed it really does look and sound good.  A tribute to what dedicated people can do when they have decent equipment and a lot of energy.

Besides all that though:  "Oh!  I got a chunky bit!"

Andrew
slaX
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2001, 12:17:58 PM »

I called best buy the day after it came out on my lunch break and they said they had 5 copies
I go to best buy after work the same day and picked up the last one they had left :)
StatCat
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2001, 07:03:50 PM »

The best buy I was at today had 5 of the limited edition stocked on the shelf. My only gripe about the dvd is that anchor bay could have fit the short documentary on the first disc if they really wanted to. They just want you to jump to the limited edition for some more cash. It appears the limited editions I looked at had the 2 finger cover instead of the middle finger one.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BAD TASTE Limited Edition: Worth the purchase! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.