Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:40:40 PM
714162 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Why isn't there a B movie channel? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why isn't there a B movie channel?  (Read 3197 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: June 03, 2005, 02:19:08 PM »

Maybe they could call it Psychotronic TV. It would have to show the best cheese out there and show it uncut, and throw in some documentaries about the making of our favorite bad flicks.

I don't see why  someone wouldn't do it.  I noticed just recently on my Directv I'm now getting the Fox reality channel (all reality show reruns) and the Lifetime Real Women channel (decorating shows and such, I think).

Why can't we get out own channel?

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
odinn7

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 02:22:24 PM »

That is a great idea and one that I think would really take off. Yeah, the newer channels on Directv are great...I need to see re-runs of reality shows 24 hours a day, sure do. Anyway, you really do bring up a good point, why can't there be a B movie channel?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 02:30:47 PM »

Damn right! It'd be awesome! Just as long as the movies are shown are uncut. Did anyone see the cut R version of Dead Alive? LAME! And kinda weird too.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Master Blaster
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 02:39:26 PM »

I imagine it'd depend on how large the audience would be. It'd be hard to pitch a B-Movie channel when bad movies shown on regular TV get such low ratings. There is enough of a cult following I imagine to make it work, but it might be hard to get a bigwig to buy into it.

As if I'd know : )
Eirik
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 02:59:24 PM »

That's a really good idea, geezer.  I'd watch it, and I think there's probably a big enough body of work that they could have months or programming before repeating themselves.

You could have B-cartoons on Saturday mornings - the real crap like Laverne and Shirley in the Army or Grape Ape.

As I see it, if there's a market for the Weather Channel and the Golf Channel, there should be a market for this.  Think how cheap you'd get your programming too!  Not to mention the fact that getting B-actors and B-directors on for interviews and commentary would be a lot easier than getting A-list types.  Then there's all kinds of shows you could base on B-movies.

Is this the first time this has been proposed on this board?  It's a good idea.
Texdar1
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 05:05:25 PM »

In England we have a channel on Sky satellite called Bad Movies.  The only problem with it is that they start at midnight and finish about 8 in the morning.  

We also have the Horror Channel which shows B-Movies.  Most are really old or the direct to video type.  They do show Spider Baby which is a really cool old black  & white movie.  Almost has a Texas Chainsaw Massacre feel to it.

raj

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 06:21:50 PM »

I'd sign up.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 06:31:20 PM »

In Canada, we have Drive-In Classics, which is very much a B-movie channel.

http://www.driveinclassics.ca

Scream shows a lot of movies along those lines as well.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Fearless Freep

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 09:27:42 PM »

There's really not a big enough target audience for this sorta thing, unfortunately, because it would be really cool

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 09:37:55 PM »

There is a real channel called B-MANIA !. I don't know anyone who has it on their cable system. They show some really B-movies like GIANT GILA MONSTER and MONSTER FROM A PREHISTORIC PLANET and also some real duds.

B-MANIA !

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2005, 09:23:03 AM »

I sent in their request to DirecTV to start carrying B mania. I recognized quite a few movies on their schedules, but they also run some that have never been on TV.

They even have a sign up form for film makers to get their film played.  Make sure you check out their Links page too.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
odinn7

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2005, 10:15:21 PM »

I just sent a request to Directv through their link also. I looked at their schedule and I can say that it would be quite alot of fun to watch what they have coming up compared to what I've got now. It looks like a real good channel...which means we'll never see it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2005, 10:19:27 PM »

The funny thing is that wacky movie on the B-Mania clip of the week actually caught my interest. : )

http://bmaniatv.com/clips.asp

Post Edited (06-04-05 22:22)

Susan
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2005, 10:03:41 PM »

when i want cheese i usually turn it on th spanish station, where crappy american movies are dubbed. don't get your hopes up - i've been asking about how the horror channel has gone and i'm not hearing anyone raving. our city is so big and i don't understand why we don't have any shows on the local channel, u know, when local people buy time and make idiots of themselves. I forgot exactly what you call it as i'm having a brain fart - I know austin has a channel that had alot of local stuff, everything from people reading really BAD urban poetry to people preaching about the end of times. The only thing ours is used for is the city, when they air the counsel meetings or job listings. I'd love to see an underground wayne and garth, or someone airing b-movies and doing a MST3K spin. sigh

Susan
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2005, 10:04:03 PM »

ah - public access, that's what i was thinking

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Why isn't there a B movie channel? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.