Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:23:40 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  William Williams: the Adventure Begins... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: William Williams: the Adventure Begins...  (Read 2915 times)
Alan Smithee
« on: June 03, 2005, 04:17:31 PM »

... and ends.

So-so variation on the James Bond schtick from the mid-80's. I would've loved to seen  where they've would've gone with this flop had it not been a flop. Not actually a bad movie, I guess. More cheesey than anything. Joel Grey was pretty good as the Chinese guy.

God, I admire these 1980's misfires (Krull, Last Starfighter, Buckaroo Banzai).
Menard
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 04:24:13 PM »

Uh...wasn't that REMO WILLIAMS: THE ADVENTURE BEGINS?

I found this film to be quite enjoyable. The odd dynamic between Remo and Chuin(sp) worked quite well. I wish they had made a sequel.

Alan Smithee
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 04:31:21 PM »

Remo Williams or William Williams, it's all the same to me.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 06:45:49 PM »

Just imagined a secret agent movie with John Candy as Sammy Maudlin's sidekick. William B. Williams: The Adventure Begins!

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 08:09:13 PM »

It was no work of art but it was fairly entertaining. There were some good ideas in it that I would have liked to see taken further. Overall I enjoyed it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 09:10:52 PM »

REMO WILLIAMS: THE ADVENTURE BEGINS was only the movie version of a series that's been around a while called THE DESTROYER.  It's mostly books, although there was a comic series that I enjoyed reading.  So if you want more, that's your go-to place.

The funny thing about the movie is that they are so clearly pushing for it to be a continuing franchise.  In fact, most of the movie makes no sense unless there is going to be more movies.

Oh well.  I enjoyed it.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 09:23:42 PM »

I liked this movie.  I liked the Korean guy and the training and the light-hearted silliness of it all..

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005, 09:49:15 AM »

The Destroyer books have been around forever and new ones are still being published. The movie was produced by Dick Clark and  was meant to begin a franchise.

He also made a TV pilot starring Roddy McDowall as Chiun and a guy named Jeffrey Meek as Remo. It aired in 1988 on ABC, but I never saw it. From what I have read it was pretty bad. Apparently there was a rumor that someone was thinking of resurrecting it back 1999, but nothing happened.

I have always really liked this movie, especially the chemistry between Joel Grey and Fred Ward.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 10:01:04 AM »

I liked the movie, and also wished they had made more, it was fun and nothing more but I thought that was all they were going for .

What struck me was that later I read one or two of the early books in The Destroyer series and was surprised how grim, graphically violent, and filled with bizarre sex scenes (I won't say kinky since they seemed more "nasty" than just "kinky") the books were. Although the "head in a paintmixer" scene in one of them sounded like it was prime material to be used in a movie somewhere.

Just seemed odd source material to turn into a movie that could almost be called a "romp". Then again the guys at Teleport City wrote about the original Matt Helm books once and said they were nothing like the films, in fact they sounded more like The Destroyer books or even the Mack Bolan series.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 11:44:40 PM »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2005, 05:30:14 PM »

I read a few of those Mack Bolan books back in the 70's. They were also kinda ultraviolent. You don't really see that many 'pulp' books around anymore.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 04:31:30 AM »

Those books aren't as popular as they were, but they still hang on. Between the various military/para-military series, violent action spy potboilers, and odd stuff like the old Casca series created by Barry Sadler someone was reading a lot of that stuff for a while. The security guards where I work seem to trade and pass around older stuff like the Longarm western/action/soft-core smut books between each other.

What's weird at the local big-box bookstore, they stock the Destroyer books and others  in with the regular mainstream/literary fiction instead of over in the seperate sections they have for other genres like mysteries, scifi/fantasy, romance, westerns, etc. Maybe there aren't enough of them to warrent their own small section anymore.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  William Williams: the Adventure Begins... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.