Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:57:14 PM
714383 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rene Zellwegger is butt *UGLY* « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Rene Zellwegger is butt *UGLY*  (Read 4488 times)
Alan Smithee
« on: June 03, 2005, 04:30:06 PM »

I've not seen any of her movies, so I can't comment on her acting.

But damn, her mug is plastered all over the cover of these glamor/entertainment rags (People/Premiere, et. al)  like she is some kind of beauty queen.

Sure, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but she is more homely than ravishing.

It wouldn't be a big deal with me if they didn't put this rolly-polly bat-faced girl on the cover of Glamor (or whatever) like she's drop-dead gorgeous, but she's such an eyesore.

Agree, disagree?
Master Blaster
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 04:46:27 PM »

She's always looked "Squinty" to me, but I wouldnt call her butt ugly. Most of today's movie stars and fasion models are women I'd consider plain however. They just dont float my boat, tickle my chin, electrocute my hampster or slaughter my pig so to speak. The general public seems to be pretty fickle when it comes to who's beutiful. Every 10 years or so there seems to be a new standard. Like Marilyn Monroe. In her time she was considered the most beutiful woman ever and today she'd be called fat.
Alan Smithee
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 04:49:05 PM »

Hahaha. She does look squinty. Or her face is squished.

Maybe it's harsh to label her butt ugly, but by Hollywood starling "standards", she is so- ugh.
Master Blaster
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 05:01:09 PM »

Like you said it's all in the eye of the beholder. If I had a squinty fetish she'd be the beez knees. : )
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 05:03:26 PM »

Not my cup of tea, certainly. And after she lost all that weight (again), she looks like preserved in plastic. Now that I think of it, most american actresses after 30 look that way. It must be the Botox injections and the starving diets. At least she has done some serious acting in her time. "Nurse Betty" wouldn't be the same without her.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Susan
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 05:40:14 PM »

she always had a look on her face like she just got finished sucking on a sour pickle. not to mention i think she developed a complex after the first bridget jones diary and has gone grotesquely thin

Post Edited (06-03-05 17:41)
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 05:53:30 PM »

I've always thought she looked alright.
She was stunning in "Jerry Maguire" and pretty damn hot in "Me Myself & Irene."

On a scale of 1-10 I'd give her an 8.
raj

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 06:19:25 PM »

Well put Susan.  Though since she just got married, maybe it wasn't a sour pickle. . .
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 06:35:01 PM »

Always thought she and Yeardley Smith were separated at birth.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Fearless Freep

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 09:14:00 PM »

What kind of bad movie lovers  are even reading who's on the cover of a glamour magazine...much less *caring*??

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 10:15:44 AM »

Count me in with the eye of the beholder crowd. I usually think she's cute in most of her movies, but not my favorite "hot" actress by a long shot.

Plus I liked her in "The Whole Wide World" where she played the romantic interest to Vincent D'Onofrio's version of Robert E. Howard, creator of Conan, King Kull, Solomon Kane, and other pulp and fantasy favorites. The Howard angle drew me in but it's actually a pretty good film on it's own, even though it has little to do with his writing and more to do with her relationship with a talented man who had, let's call them "personal problems". Zellwegger and D'Onofrio are both great. I'll say this for it, it's pretty much a chick flick, but I liked it anyway.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 10:40:20 AM »

I feel so ashamed!
Dr. Kobb
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 11:00:00 AM »

Don't care for her.  I thought she was completely out-acted by nearly everyone else in "Chicago", although she did alright with the song-n'-dance numbers(and no, I didn't pick this one, the ol' lady did).

I tend to agree with Master Blaster about the fickle nature of beauty standards.  It ain't gonna happen, but I sure pine for the return of the volumptuous look.

"They turned a forbidden paradise into a raging hell!"
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 11:44:00 AM »

I think it'll be awhile. I figured the emaciated phase would run it's course in a few years but it doesnt seem to be going anywhere any time soon. Oh well. There's always rap videos and low rider magazines.
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2005, 02:55:59 PM »

"Electrocute my hampster or slaughter my pig"?

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rene Zellwegger is butt *UGLY* « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.