Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:22:21 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Greatest "Ordinary" Movie Quote « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Greatest "Ordinary" Movie Quote  (Read 7834 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« on: June 05, 2005, 09:43:40 AM »

We've had a few discussions about great movie quotes, usually full of the sorts of lines that are meant to be quoted. Clever stuff.

However, there are often lines that, while not particularly special, stick with us due to exceptional delivery, timing, or just being unusual yet appropriate.

Think of Kurtwood Smith in Robocop: "b***hes leave."

Or that great line from Carpenter's The Thing: "You've gotta be f**king kidding."

Other examples?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 12:16:56 AM »

There are quite a few quotes that pop up in my everyday speech. They're not especially memorable or clever, they just found their way into my lexicon and won't go away. Examples include:

"F_ck you! Pay me!!" ---GoodFellas.

"Charlie don't surf!!"----Apocolypse Now.

"Must Make Pee Pee" -----Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigalo (the only bit I remember from the whole movie!)

"Let's Do Some Good" ----The Untouchables. ( I started the tradition of uttering this little gem at division roll call, about a year ago. Now, at least once a week some knucklehead says it to hails of derisive laughter. Why this line is a source of ironic laughter to police officers is no mystery to me, but I hope it is to the taxpayer!)

"I'm Perfectly OK, you f_cking idiot"----- The Rock (must be said using bad Sean Connery voice)

Post Edited (06-06-05 00:17)

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 08:01:20 AM »

People that know me often have a difficult time with me because they mostly agree that I'm annoying for various reasons (f 'em if they can't take a joke). One of the more popular reasons is because during conversations I will often just come out with some fitting quote that pops into mind and I guess it must be aggravating (don't know why). However, it's probably more that I will often just pop a quote out for no reason at all, just for reactions.
I enjoy yelling "This is Ceti-Alpha 5!" from the Wrath of Kahn just because I can.
I also enjoy saying "Greetings from the Humungus. The Lord Humungus. The Warrior of the Wasteland. The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla!"  
Sometimes I do use quotes that fit but overall my favorites that I keep tucked away for continuous use come from Mad Max and Road Warrior and are listed on the other thread about quotes.
I suppose it gets old for people after awhile but as I tell my wife: ask me if it bothers me.
Some good ones that aren't related to Max in any way:

We're gonna need a bigger boat.

I used to hate the water...

We're ready to believe you! (I love this one because of my "hobby")

Your clothes...give them to me...now.

You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor! Take her away! (my little girl has fun with this when I say it to her)

You don't know the power of the Dark Side.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 05:25:37 PM »

Saw part of "Heavenly Creatures" and Kate Winslet said something I can't quite remember about someone teaching her how to knit. I think the lady she was talking about had a funny name, and she acted REALLY excited about it. Something about the way she said that line had me rolling on the floor, I was going to try to memorize that line.
h.p. Love
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 11:49:58 AM »

"I hate these goddamned dolphins"

The Life Aquatic
Bill Murray playing an oceanographer

- This message has been approved by the Order of Conspicuous Merit -
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 12:19:33 PM »

Yet again from "Blood Feast"

"Looks this is gonna be one of those loooooong hard ones."

that cracks me up!!! WHO I ask you who would deliver that line in that manner? Then again, who would write it? So many things wrong..... so many things.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 12:29:10 PM »

I'm not sure why, but the line that popped into my head when I read this was from My Fair Lady. When Alfred (Eliza Doolittle's father) goes to see her, only to find she has moved out of her apartment to go live in Professor Higgins's house, one of the ladies telling him about it adds something to the effect of "And she didn't want no clothes!" The way she emphasizes the "th" in "clothes" has me giggling every time I think about it. Okay, not every time; that would be sad and creepy. Every other time. Yeah, that's better, and only half as creepy.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 01:05:40 PM »

"All right first thing fkng last" - Resevoir Dogs
h.p. Love
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 02:23:23 PM »

Hmm. And that's how Pulp Fiction starts.

- This message has been approved by the Order of Conspicuous Merit -
Fearless Freep

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 02:48:23 PM »

In Tae Kwon Do, when you compete in a certain style, there is a protocol for introducing yourself to the judges.  It's basically

"Judges....my name is [name],  my form is [form name"

I keep wanting to substitute that with the Montoya's line about "you killed my father..."

Take care,
Jay

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
odinn7

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 11:00:51 AM »

I can't believe I forgot this one! I was just looking at the Conspiracy Movie thread and Trek brought up the drill scene in Marathon Man.

"Is it safe?"

I use that all the time. Great line and I'm p**sed at myself for overlooking it.

Dr. Kobb
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 11:05:06 AM »

The long spiel about Dicks, a***oles, and Pussies from the "Team America" flick is great.  I'm pretty sure it's not original to that movie, but it certainly rings true.

"They turned a forbidden paradise into a raging hell!"
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 12:06:01 PM »

I just watched that last night. I'm pretty low brow so when that conversation came up in the bar followed by the vomiting scene I laughed so hard for so long my stomach hurt.
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 12:09:20 PM »

odinn7 wrote:

> I can't believe I forgot this one! I was just looking at the
> Conspiracy Movie thread and Trek brought up the drill scene in
> Marathon Man.
>
> "Is it safe?"
>
> I use that all the time. Great line and I'm p**sed at myself
> for overlooking it.
>

Thanks to the Clerks animated series I use that all the time as well. I wasn't aware it comes from Marathon Man. Another mystery in my life solved.

Is it safe?
Is it safe?
Is it safe?
Is it safe?

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
odinn7

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 01:00:14 PM »

Bringing up Clerks (the movie)...
I remember one line from that movie that used to crack me up and I used it all the time when I was an auto-mechanic:

"This job would be great if it wasn't for the customers."

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Greatest "Ordinary" Movie Quote « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.