Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:07:07 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Greatest "Ordinary" Movie Quote « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Greatest "Ordinary" Movie Quote  (Read 7809 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2005, 07:51:05 AM »

"Next time, Jack, send a memo."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2005, 11:05:34 AM »

"Whistling condoms! Come in seven different tunes and so can you!" - Whoops Apocalypse.

I use this one at work when ever someone asks, "What's That?"

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2005, 11:09:52 AM »

Good call on Unger, AndyC. I was watching the original "The Longest Yard" on DVD the other day, and that scnen with Unger jumped out at me. I've seen the film so many times on TV, edited to pieces, but rarely uncut, so I forgot that line was in there. You really do get a glimpse of what Unger is really like with one line.

That line is usually gone from TV versions altogether, and the version Viacom airs now on their channels like CMT and Spike is even worse, it's cut to fit a two hour block including commericals. Used to it would air in a 2 1/2 hour block on TBS, TNT and such. So not only is that line gone but the scenes of the recruitment of guys like Sonny and Indian are cut (too un-PC I guess). Also some of the "swamp reclaimation" scenes where the other prisoners contempt and razing of Crewe are shown. The guy doing inverted pushups and flicking the dirt on his hands into Crewe's food is gone.

You're right about the Brit remake's version of Unger as well. They made him an over the top stuttering, drooling, twitchy combo of Igor, Quasimodo, and Richard III. He was so repugnant even from a distance that you wondered why anyone would say or do anything within earshot or line of sight of him. In the original he was bland, meek, and nonscript looking enough on the outside for others to dismiss him, serving his purposes. In the Brit remake, he actively drove people away.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2005, 12:44:01 PM »

Anyone who knows what flick this is from gets a cookie.

"He's a wife-beater, Dan! Use the gun!"

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
odinn7

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2005, 12:52:39 PM »

Bambi?

I suppose I could cheat and look it up but would that really be fair? It sounds familiar but I can't put it to a movie so I get no cookies. I will have to cheat and look it up before it bothers me too much.

Ok, I cheated...the answer is....

Post Edited (06-24-05 12:56)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Greatest "Ordinary" Movie Quote « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.