Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:13:09 AM
714307 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Street Fighter « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Street Fighter  (Read 3404 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 04:55:38 PM »

I remember when my SF2-obsessed friend and I went to see this movie.

Boy, were we p**sed off.

Though my friend to this day laughs his ass off the part where Balrog KOs the generic soldier guy THEN asks him where the hostages are.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
SmokeShadow
New Visitor

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2005, 03:52:11 AM »

I haven't seen this movie since it came out on video whenever lol.  I remember thinking it was somewhat goofy, but even at that time I was aware of the fact that video game movies just don't work (not yet anyway - I'm hoping the Metal Gear movie will kick ass, if not i'm giving up on this troubled genre).  At the time, all I liked about this movie was A) the martial arts (keep in mind I haven't seen this since about '95 or '96 or so, so I might laugh at the MA if I were to watch it today), and B) how E. Honda could avoid pain by "imagining it was somewhere else" or some s**t lol.  Also, I knew that Jean Claude Goddamme movies were a bit off the wall as well (I saw No Retreat, No Surrender, Black Eagle, and Universal Soldier all around the time Street Fighter was out).  Concering s**tty video game movies, I saw Super Mario Bros. when it was in theaters, and I actually admired what they were trying to do (giving it a somewhat logical story, etc), but it just didn't work.  They should've just waited till I got high about a year ago and played Mario All Stars...  Man did I have the greatest idea for a mario flick (imagine a dude in a huge, fluffy, Mario mascot suit, slowly swimming through bright blue, but somewhat murky waters, dodging Big Berthas...)  And I have to admit, I loved Mortal Kombat when it first came out (even saw it in theaters).  But I laughed my ass off when I saw Annihilation  - it made Robocop 3 look like the entire LOTR trilogy combined!  But since I'm on a hardcore s**tty/ninja movie kick right now I'm gonna have to watch Street Fighter again (my friendly neighborhood video store has it for 99 cents!).  Thanks again, badmovies.org!

You know 'dem mean bastard assassins from Jay-Pan?!?!  I'm one of them, chucky-dang-darn-it!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Street Fighter « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.