Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:59:12 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Seven Years « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Seven Years  (Read 2624 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: June 06, 2005, 03:50:33 PM »

It just struck me that, this month, the site will have been around for seven years.  I do not even know where all the time went.  The other thing is that this reflects a pretty long commitment for me.  I often have interests and pursue them with lots of energy.  They also get old and then I might stop working on them for a year or two, before dusting them off to enjoy again.  Legos, photography, target (bow, rifle, pistol), woodworking, Warhammer 40K, and paintball all seem to come and go like the tide.  The site, perhaps due to feeling obligated to everyone who reads it, seems to be a static fixture.

My wife sometimes reminds me, "And when you started, you thought that nobody would ever visit the site."

Looking at the statistics for the site for May 2005, I saw this:
336,404 sessions
3,987,478 pageviews
10,837,932 hits
336.83 GB transferred

I know that Dr. Freex often does an anniversary article.  I think, for the first time, that I would like to do one as well.  Often as not I review a film just to get the "urge to write about this movie" out of my system.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
daveblackeye15

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 04:21:30 PM »

Damn I think I saw these site around first when it was two years old maybe three. I started posting about three years ago. It's been a fine five years reading your stuff.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 04:43:42 PM »

7 years is a long time on the internet and is still being updated. Thats really something. I been posting for about 2 years here and its the only one a post at alot (besides Cold Fusion). This place just rocks.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 04:48:42 PM »

Congrats, Andrew!  That's a huge accomplishment.  I've probably been hanging around here for five years or so now too.  This was the place that inspired my web ambitions after all.

Those stats are amazing!  It's mind-boggling sometimes how many people out there are interested in this kind of stuff.
odinn7

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 06:24:11 PM »

Congratulations Andrew and on behalf of the others here, I'd like to thank you for keeping the site updated and making sure all goes well.
I stumbled upon this site by accident in January of 2004 and I've been addicted since. The reviews are great and I enjoy reading what most of the people on this board write about.
Keep up the great work, it is appreciated.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 10:55:59 PM »

Congradulations!  

Seven years, huh?  I saw the topic heading and thought you broke a mirror...

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 11:56:50 PM »

Congradulations Andrew on a fine website that is still going strong. I been on this webpage since about summer of 2000 and use to post back then under a couple names that I can't recall now. Then when you reset your messageboard one year I came up with a permanent name.

I also remember when Andrew put up a live chatroom at my request and maybe a few others and it didn't work out to well, so it was taken off, the messageboard is a much better forum than chat as you can post and check back later for any responses. The chatroom you usually didn't have many people show up and we found it hard to find things to talk about. The messageboard is more effective.

My favorite place on the web. Amazing that bad cinema can get 3,987,478 pageviews in 7 years.

Post Edited (06-07-05 00:25)

dean

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 04:01:10 AM »

Nice job, and of course everyone here appreciates every bit of effort you put in Mr B!

I came upon this site sometime in mid 2003, looking for sound files from  that wonderful crap-fest, Plan 9 From Outer Space, and after meticulously pouring over every review after that [I got a bit excited] I managed to find my way to the forum.  This is the one and only forum I have ever posted on and I have to say, its been fantastic.

I did a search to find my first post and it seems like it was for Ashthecat's "Most Outrageous Type of Food You've Snuck Into a Theater" Topic at the exact time of 07-14-03 09:28.  Not exactly a stirring start, but hey, it was fun.  Ah memories...

Almost two years, and 1000 posts later.  It feels like I've been here for ages [that's a good thing btw]

So three cheers for Andrew and everyone else who posts here, its been great the last two years, so here's to seven more!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 06:56:45 AM »

I'm with everyone else Andrew - Congrats!  I first stumbled upon the site about six years ago or so.  I rarely ever visited the forum, mainly just read the reviews.  I think it was probably a bit over two years ago when I started posting.

Your site is probably my favorite on the net.  There's no telling how many times I check the forums everyday while at work, looking for new posts.  Thanks for taking the time and putting this site out there.  It's been a hell of a lot of fun.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 07:32:50 AM »

Congrats, fellow Old Dog.

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
Flangepart

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 03:18:49 PM »

DUDE!
I am suitably impressed!
When did i start? 5 years ago, maby? Hummm...i'm curious what my first post was...in fact, what was your first review, Andrew? The very first?

"The 7 year hitch." Oh, we gotta do something special!
But...what?......Ideas, people!....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 06:24:34 PM »

Scott, the scary thing is 3,987,478 pageviews were for last month.  The site is seeing nearly 4 million pageviews every month, from what I can tell (I had not played around with the stat reporting stuff that comes standard on the server).

And thanks, everyone.  I certainly think that the enjoyable company on the message board is a big reason I have kept at it, no matter what.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 12:45:41 AM »

3,987,478 pageviews were for last month ! Phew........................ Amazing isn't the word.

Ken Begg
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 08:50:32 AM »

Andrew, the real achievement is that your stuff is as fresh as ever.  Kudos, my friend.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2005, 02:11:01 PM »

Let ne add my congratulations to everyone elses. Is there anybody besides myself, who got their first e-mail account, just so they could post to this site? As to when I first started posting to it, it was probably about 57 months ago. Longer then some. Not as long as others.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Seven Years « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.