Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:04:16 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Some advice needed (concerns a girl) « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: OT: Some advice needed (concerns a girl)  (Read 27340 times)
Susan
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2005, 09:45:28 PM »

Didn't you ever see When harry met Sally? Actually it's the woman's bible, our secrety society forces us to swear on it at all our ceremonies ;-)

Seriously tho the line in the movie rings true. "Men and women can never be friends because the sex part always gets in the way". Every male friend i've ever had has wanted to pursue it, except if he's gay. You aren't even safe when you get married because then the wife is like "Why do you need to spend so much time with her? Why can't i be your friend"?

Whatever you do don't go see a chick flick on your first date, as much as we want a sensitive guy first impresions of seeing a sissy movie don't bode well - that's something you have to ease into like an old man slipping into a warm bath.  Plus those movies are a trap - because no man will ever love a woman like the guy did in the film and you don't stand a chance at measuring up. Don't take her to see a film like Tomb Raider either, because then we'll just see you as some sexist pig who objectifies women.  Go to a comedy or a thriller. Stay away from the horror gore - if we glance over at you in a dark theater while a girl is getting chainsawed and see a gleam in your eye we probably wont' call you back.

I could divulge alot of secrets to how to win a woman over - secrets passed on from generation to generation amongst women, but then i'd have to kill you ;-)

Post Edited (06-09-05 21:50)
Menard
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2005, 10:50:37 PM »

Susan wrote:

> "Men and women
> can never be friends because the sex part always gets in the
> way".

Don't take movie quotes too seriously, Dave. It is however, more difficult for two people who are about the same age and relative attractiveness not to have at least entertained the thought.

>  like an old man slipping into a warm bath.

Just don't fart. (:

> but then i'd have to kill you ;-)

Whoa...she's flirting with you Dave. (heh..heh..heh)

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2005, 01:13:54 AM »

...And make sure not to overthink things, while you're at it...

The sex thing always getting in the way isn't true by the way, daveblackeye15.   It has grains of truth to it, that saying --  but I can swear to you, *I* haven't wanted, as Harry says, to "bang" every woman I've met.  ;)  

Some women have "great personalities," after all...

=)
dean

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2005, 10:05:17 AM »

>>>>>>Or dancing with the girl that´s the best to find out what she feels for you. The closer you´ll dance with her, the better your chances.

Herein lies a problem, since most guys I know [especially me] cannot dance, so whatever positives lay in the 'getting close' factor, you cannot possibly hope to gain any ground once you decide to show her your own, personal version of Stayin' Alive...

Another tip when attempting to dance: don't get up on the bar and dance.  A mate of mine was at a bar/club where they allow people to dance on the bar, and in his enthusiasm to get up and boogie down, he proceeded to accidentally kick the girl behind the bar in the head, which he didn't actually notice, and kept on dancing...  very funny, granted, but something the girls will be fighting over?  Maybe not... :-P

Well, anyway, I for one am done with the advice: I think we might be [and by 'we' I mean 'me'] getting too involved and quite possibly making a mess of everything!  Let's just leave Dave to his own devices now: we have taught the young padawan all there is to teach, the rest, they say, is up to fate now.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2005, 10:35:43 AM »

You getting all this Dave? : )
daveblackeye15

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2005, 11:22:26 AM »

.....Huh? Sorry I was trying on tight black jeans.

I'm sure none of you said anything helpful.

Here, if you answer this this will help me: Should I have two buttons or three buttons unbotten on my shirt? Is three over doing it ? Or will it make me look gay? Is two not enough? I've been worryng about this for days now!!!

(Yes I heard)

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2005, 11:39:13 AM »

Going for that Antonio Banderes look?
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2005, 12:02:00 PM »

Top two buttons are etiquette on a three button blazer, or just the top button on a two button blazer. When you sit down unbutton them all. Don't forget a napkin in your lap when you eat or you're bound to drop piping hot gravy all over myself. oops.Good choice with a jacket though. It's a good signal to show some class with a blazer.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
raj

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2005, 01:57:03 PM »

Susan wrote:

>. Don't take her to see a film like Tomb Raider
> either, because then we'll just see you as some sexist pig who
> objectifies women.  Go to a comedy or a thriller. Stay away
> from the horror gore - if we glance over at you in a dark
> theater while a girl is getting chainsawed and see a gleam in
> your eye we probably wont' call you back.

D'oh!
raj

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2005, 01:58:35 PM »

And no more than two gold chains.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2005, 03:17:36 PM »

Go to www.askmen.com

That site has some of the best love advice I've ever read dealing with a wide variety of love & dating issues.
Menard
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2005, 03:55:01 PM »

daveblackeye15 wrote:

> .....Huh? Sorry I was trying on tight black jeans.
>
> Here, if you answer this this will help me: Should I have two
> buttons or three buttons unbotten on my shirt? Is three over
> doing it ? Or will it make me look gay? Is two not enough? I've
> been worryng about this for days now!!!

EEWWWW!!! You would have to put that image in my mind. EEWWWW!!!

Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2005, 04:00:28 PM »

i hate the dating scene in america, everyone is so fake and pretentious. my heart truly goes out to all single men in america, regardless of age.
Menard
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2005, 04:00:41 PM »

Dave, have you seen the movie DINER? There is an interesting popcorn sharing technique you can use from it.(heh..heh..heh)

Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2005, 04:12:15 PM »

Make sure to add in lots of fake chest hair and a big gold medallion.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Some advice needed (concerns a girl) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.