Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:39:23 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Commercials for Trailers « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Commercials for Trailers  (Read 2064 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« on: June 25, 2005, 09:09:02 PM »

Good grief.  This is a new low from our friends in tinsel town.

Tonight, during End of Days on NBC, they were showing commercials for the Trailer of King Kong.  That is, they were advertisting the WORLD PREMIER of the TRAILER (!!!) for King Kong (to be shown during Fear Factor on Monday).

Hollywood really has gone off the deep end.  If you are going to buy TV time to hock your movie, why not just show the trailer?  I can understand hyping the trailer for Revenge of the Sith, but this King Kong flick?  A Remake?  World Premier of the Trailer?

Help Us All.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 10:13:30 PM »

That advert was already shown yesterday....and here's where it can be viewed online:

http://media.themoviebox.net/movies/KingKong/TVTeaser/index.html

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 11:26:20 PM »

Wow. That's incredibly lame.

"You're watching a pre-commercial. Tune in tomorrow for the REAL commercial..."

What's next?

"Keep watching this station. At some point tonight, within the next four hours, we'll let you know what day and time the pre-commercial for [your standard summer blockbuster] will air! That pre-commercial will let you know when the actual trailer will air!"

I hope you all like watching a sickning amount of TV. I, on the other hand, will wait for the trailers to hit the Internet, like I always do.

"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home."  
(David Frost)
dean

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 04:18:25 AM »

This isn't really that new; I remember this happening before for other highly anticipated movies.  So I'm not really surprised.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 09:05:26 AM »

dean wrote:

>
> This isn't really that new; I remember this happening before
> for other highly anticipated movies.  So I'm not really
> surprised.
>

Perhaps. I do recall trailers for other (big) movies being hyped via other vehicles (talk shows, etc) as to when they will air, but personally, I don't remember seeing an actual commercial for a commercial before.  That literally was what this was, just like nobody described in the post above.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
dean

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 02:33:49 AM »

I can't remember what movie it was for, so its been bugging me, but I remember a certain channel showing an ad for a trailer that will be shown during one of their shows later in the week.

Perhaps why you don't remember is because I'm in a different country and they have different television here!

On top of that, I have seen commercials for commercials: Baz Lurhmann and Nicole Kidman's Chanel No.5 [I think] commercial was adverstised to be premeiring at a certain time on channel 9 here.  But this was also followed up by a making of documentary, so perhaps it doesn't count.

Also the 'highly acclaimed' Honda Accord ad was advertised to be shown, in full, for the first time also on channel 9 [i think]

Personally I think it's a little silly, but I understand the thought process behind doing this: some people actually cannot wait to watch an ad/trailer and don't want to accidentally miss it.  That is, those people without a practical knowledge of teh internet of course!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 07:28:58 AM »

The reason they are doing this is that NBC is broadcasting the trailer on every channel they own at the same time.  Some of those are NBC, SciFi, USA, and Bravo.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 07:27:38 PM »

Yeah we saw the commercial for the trailer on USA lastnight. I have nothing against Peter Jackson, but what in the hell is he thinking? Was the knowledge of the existence of the horrible remake from 1976 somehow erased from his brain?

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Commercials for Trailers « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.