Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:40:07 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Batman Begins « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Batman Begins  (Read 11362 times)
nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 06:27:54 PM »

I'm very critical of films, but I walked away from Underworld with only one or two minor complaints. I'm not sure I know why I enjoyed it so much- but Kate's ultra sexy appearance was probably a huge part of it. Overall, I really liked the movie and couldn't wait to buy it on DVD. I'm also looking forward to the sequel.

I was really surprised to find out that being a fan of this film put me in a very small minority.

...Alright. Go ahead. Start making fun of me. :)

"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home."  
(David Frost)
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 08:25:47 PM »

Ignore what Media blaster said about the film. I'm not sure how much attention he was paying to it but it was a wonderful movie. the natural bias towards Katie holmes should be a dead give away.

As a soon to be graduated film student I dont normally like to say my opinion has more merrit than others, but in this case it does.

9.5/10 people. This IS batman.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2005, 02:14:59 AM »

I just returned from watching "Batman Returns" and I was very pleased. Very! I'd be hard pressed to find a single complaint about the film at all.

In regards to my previous comment, Kate Holmes wasn't bad in her role. She didn't bother me once. I was really surprised.

It's hard to compare this movie to "Spiderman", since "Batman Begins" is so dark and serious and "Spiderman" is more of a light-hearted family affair, but if I had to pick only one comic book movie as my all time favorite, I'd have to go with this new Batman.

Without getting into spoilers, the final bit of dialog between Gordon and Batman was probably my favorite part of the film. I can't wait to own the DVD and watch it all over again.  

The evil that was Joel Schumacher's Batman is FOREVER dead! :)

"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home."  
(David Frost)
Dr. Whom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2005, 02:20:19 AM »

Hey, I liked Underworld as well. Perhaps the minority is not that small after all!

"Ensalada Mista, baby"

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2005, 08:42:02 AM »

Yeah I can't wait for DVD either this is up there with "Sin City" and" X2" as favortite comic movies. Also something I liked was some of the "horror" elements that are used. Like when Batman is at the the shipping yard and starts picking the bad guys  off without showing himself. I think the reason I didn't like Katie Holmes was well compared to rest of the cast she was pale in comparsion but like I stated before thats minor.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Fearless Freep

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2005, 09:58:15 AM »

I enjoyed Underworld, too..  I took it for what it was and had fun

I think one problem with movies like Underworld, Elektra, etc...is that they are really B movies with a bit of professional polish, but they come on following A level genre movies like Spiderman and Blade and maybe the score a known star or two, so they get hyped up and marketted like A movies.  That sets up the wrong expectation and the movies get trashed for it, when they are actually decent B movies

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2005, 10:18:28 AM »

I think one of the biggest complaints you'll hear about Katie, aside from her young age, is that she's too wholesome and sweet to have survived in Gotham- a city so damn evil it makes "Dark City" look like a nice vacation spot. I can understand that bit of criticism, but again, I ended up eating my words... I didn't have any problems with her acting in the film.

Before I saw the movie I thought she was miscast by an ignorant Hollywood type who could care less about the script and whose only motivation was trying to sell tickets to the "Dawson's Creek" demographic.
...But "Batman Begins" was fantastic. The "Dawson's Creek" kids should pass this one up and wait for "The Fantastic Four."

(David Frost)
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2005, 12:08:14 PM »

I heard it put that Katie Holmes tried to sound like a dedicated district attourney but came off like the president of the student yearbook commitee. She just didnt fit in the movie for me. Almost all of her dialog was her annoyingly talking down to Wayne. I was thinking, "why doesnt he just battarang her ass?" Just my opinion though.
Susan
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2005, 05:21:53 PM »

i never liked the batman movies. I only ever liked the batman show. Plus now i really don't like the idea of more batman movies if each movie you'r going to have a different batman. Btw what happens when toby maguire gets too fat to play spiderman? Will he be replaced by will ferrell?

Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2005, 06:37:36 PM »

umm...Susan?

Christain bale, Christopher Nolan and David Goyer All signed on for 3 batman films.

Just like Sam raimi, Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco all signed on for 3 films.

While I agree about the lack of continuighty and all, if you havent seen ths film then you dont get to complain about batman in the topic.

I just now made up that rule so everyone has to obey it or I'll fear gas all your asses :P

save the world, kill a politician or two.
dean

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2005, 09:18:50 PM »

Personally I don't mind the different actors as long as the same style continues: which is why I think its perfectly acceptable to have 5 or 6 different James Bonds, but I think that the Batman franchise has to be careful about going back to the Joel Schumacer type movie.  Whilst I enjoyed them, they just weren't properly Batman-esque for me.

I'll be seeing Begins in an hour so I guess this counts...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Susan
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2005, 09:45:32 PM »

btw regarding the bat-nipples: i guess to me it's no more perplexing than why men..in general...have them. ;-)

be afraid

Fearless Freep

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2005, 10:14:30 PM »

i guess to me it's no more perplexing than why men..in general...have them. ;-)

They share at least one common trait to women's...They feel good when  they are...stimulated

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Alan Smithee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2005, 11:54:37 PM »

I don't see how anyone can care about this franchise. I saw the first 2  Burton Batman movies. I thought the 1989 one was pretty crummy with Nicholson "stealing" the show. Batman Returns was marginally better.

But seriously, with all the talent that allegedly  is in this movie, I don't give 2 rips anymore. Batman does NOTHING for me.

I'd watch this movie with an open mind had not the previous Batman s**t fests sullied things for me.

Sadly, looks like this movie will breathe life into this dead franchise to the point there will be more Batman movies.

I was hoping they'd let Batman rest in piece.
nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2005, 12:53:26 AM »

AICN has an interesting poll on their website right now. They want to know who would make the best joker in the next batman flick. Only the poll has some really, really, REALLY stupid options to vote for.

I voted for "Tim Roth", but only because he was the best option available. Overall, though, I'd be really disappointed if he got the role.

The current #1 pick, Crispen Glover, would be terrible ("Think, Mcfly! Think!"). He might look the part (if they want the Joker to look like a total freak) but he'd never be able to act the part seriously. He's the king of the overactors.

I'd like to see a no-name actor take the role. But if they absolutely had to pick someone famous, I'd like to see someone dark and seedy play the part- like Ralph Fiennes. Take his character's appearance from "Strange Days" and slap some joker make-up on his face and he'd make a really dingy, dirty Joker.  Plus he's a good actor to boot.

Who would you choose?

(David Frost)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Batman Begins « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.