Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:31:24 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Tom Cruise « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Author Topic: OT: Tom Cruise  (Read 48045 times)
Wence
Dedicated Viewer

« on: June 16, 2005, 04:14:44 AM »

The news about Tom Cruise tell that he has got more radical concerning his "religion". He gives no interview without giving a statement how  the scientological believes helped him. How can an intelligent actor be such a fanatic. Most of all: Scientology is a group of oppressing money-makers.
L.Ron Hubbard wrote: "Make money, make more money!" !!!
For several other reasons they´re dangerous.

Is it because of "Hollywood decadency"?
There are several other stars that are involved in groups one should regard with suspicion.
Isn´t Bruce Willis member of the Krishnas?
Can you tell me which star is also member of such groups?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Scontri stellari oltre la terza dimensione"
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 07:25:36 AM »

I try not to talk about religion too much on this board, but when it comes to Scientology, I can't hold myself back.  All religions have absurd things about them, but Scientology is the worst.

I think the reason why movie stars practice scientology is because it takes less effort.  In the religion, everything that happens to you is caused by BT (Body Thetans).  Supposedly, these thetans are basically the souls of thousands of dead space aliens which attack our bodies and cause sickness and other bad things to happen in our life.  If I'm not mistaken, the story goes like this:

Millions of years ago there was a planet called Xenu.  The planet was overpopulated so the government called in the people for tax inspections.  Instead, they were injected with a substance that paralyzed them.  They were sent to our planet and were all slaughtered.  Their thetans (souls) were gathered and were put in theaters to watch a movie of what life on this planet should be like.  Now, these thetans are inside all of us and control everything we do.

I myself don't believe in Scientology, especially not after reading and studying the religion to a degree.  Then again, I don't really believe in any major religion.

But, as I said, I think it's just easier for these busy actors to believe that it's not their fault when something bad happens or when they do something wrong, it's the fault of the BTs.  I don't honestly know how someone in their right mind would actually believe this stuff though.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 07:25:57 AM »

John Travolta is also a Scientologist. Hubbard came with his scheme back in his college days.

I read an article that Cruise is trying to convert Katie Holmes and has hired someone to watch her and make sure she toes the line.  Sounds like Tom found someone who would do what Nicole wouldn't, let him dominate her.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Wence
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 08:26:11 AM »

Maybe the Scientology-leaders force Cruise to agitate more intensive for the group.
I´ve red that they have an own secret service - the "Office of Special Affairs". This "office" tries to prevent members from dissolving the membership as well as it tries to eliminate inner critics.
Then they have an organisation that has the goal of attacking "anti-scientologist" groups: "IAS-International Association of Scientologists".

The whole structure of this so-called church is aimed at gaining power and mind-control over people. I can´t believe that this crap is accepted in Hollywood.
The same with the Krishna-Followers, they´re on the same level.

Wence
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 08:40:11 AM »

Scientology even creates it´s own vocabulary
One example of the scientological phraseology (found on a Scientology-Site):

as-is: to view anything exactly as it is, without any distortions or lies, at which moment it vanishes and ceases to exist. See also as-isness.

as-isness: the condition of immediate creation without persistence, and is the condition of existence which exists at the moment of creation and the moment of destruction, and is different from other considerations in that it does not contain survival.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 08:51:50 AM »

Wence wrote:

> Scientology even creates it´s own vocabulary
> One example of the scientological phraseology (found on a
> Scientology-Site):
>
> as-is: to view anything exactly as it is, without any
> distortions or lies, at which moment it vanishes and ceases to
> exist. See also as-isness.
>
> as-isness: the condition of immediate creation without
> persistence, and is the condition of existence which exists at
> the moment of creation and the moment of destruction, and is
> different from other considerations in that it does not contain
> survival.

This reminds when your trying to write a paper for college and need to make it longer and you just put B.S. that means the same just looks better but has no substance.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 10:23:13 AM »

I have difficulty with fanatically following an individual who has lied about his service record, his boyscout years(!), and who claims we are all souls of Thetans-past.  Be that as it may, I care nothing for Tom Cruise either as an actor or an individual.
Yeah, Travolta is a Scientologist, so is Jenna Elfman.
Personally, I am a Trafalmadoran--we believe we are all capable of becoming unstuck in time.

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
raj

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 12:38:59 PM »

Wence, the contradiction is right there in your sentence:
"How can an intelligent actor be such a fanatic"
Tom Cruise does not strike me as particularly intelligent.  Frankly, whenever I see him in a movie, it is just Tom Cruise, so I don't think he's a particularly good actor (say, along the lines of Dustin Hoffman).  Famous does not equal good (see, e.g. Paris Hilton) does not equal intelligent.  And there are intelligent people who are unwise and willing to fall for charlatans.
Wence
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 01:38:54 PM »

If wasn´t a scientology-freak I would like him.
Don´t forget...
...Top Gun
...A Few Good Men
...The Firm
...Eyes Wide Shut
...Rain Main

Movies even I as a b-fan very enjoyed.
Tom Cruise is one of "great ones" there in hollywood.
That´s why I get angry about all this scientology-crap.

raj

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 01:54:57 PM »

Wence wrote:

> If wasn´t a scientology-freak I would like him.
> Don´t forget...
> ...Top Gun
an alright flick
> ...A Few Good Men
ok film
> ...The Firm
didn't see
> ...Eyes Wide Shut
didn't see
> ...Rain Main
ok film, though kind of idiotic to complain about a guy who's taken care of Raymond for twenty years, when you've only spent 24 hours with him.

His best film? Risky Business
> Movies even I as a b-fan very enjoyed.
> Tom Cruise is one of "great ones" there in hollywood.
> That´s why I get angry about all this scientology-crap.
I just can't seem to see his roles without there being Tom Cruise in them.  To each his own, I guess.
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 02:30:10 PM »

Madonna - Caballa
Prince - Jahova's witness
Mel Gibson - Whacko

I cant think of any others.

I never really pay much attention to what celebrities advocate. If they suddenly get religeous that's great for them I suppose, but it doesnt mean their no longer the overpaid overglamourized eccentric freaks they always were. If I like their acting I'll still watch them. Tom Cruise never appealed to me, but he pulled off Minority Report and Last Samurai pretty well so I have hope for WOTW.
Wence
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 02:35:59 PM »

"Caballa"?  
"Whacko"?

What kind of groups are they?

>> overpaid overglamourized eccentric freaks
 as I said: Hollywood decadency...

DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 03:45:14 PM »

I can't believe no one's linked to Free Katie yet!
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 04:36:51 PM »

I may have misspelled it, like I mispell alot of things : ) Caballa as I understand it is a sort of Jewish cult that includes a bunch of new age mysticism.

Whacko, is just your general completely nuts kinda guy who says crazy stuff like "My wife is going to hell". Your general sort of nuttery. Actually he joined some radical Catholic sect that thinks the Vatican isn't traditional enough. I dont know what it's called though. I thought it was Opus Dei, but apparently he's a part of something else. I never cared enough to find out.
Wence
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 05:01:43 PM »

Ok, then we have this gallery of Hollywood-eccentricity:

(1) Tom Cruise - Scientology
(2) John Travolta - Scientology
(3) Mel Gibson - Anti-NWO-freak/radical Catholic
(4) Prince - Jehova´s Witnesses
(5) Madonna - "new age/mysticist cult"
(6) Jenna Elfman - Scientology

?Bruce Willis? Anyone heard about him? I remember smething that had to do with the "Hare-Krishna"-Sect (These guys in orange clothing, with bald heads, playing tamburine-music and singing "Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare... crap"

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Tom Cruise « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.