Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:54:30 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Tom Cruise « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Author Topic: OT: Tom Cruise  (Read 48056 times)
Wence
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005, 05:12:14 PM »

Listen the "Krishna"-song, visit:

http://www.iskcon.de

just wait, it is played automatically.
The Krishna-Members have to sing and prey this song over 300 times a day!!!
- BRAINWASH!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Scontri stellari oltre la terza dimensione"
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2005, 05:21:31 PM »

Ahh, I did misspell it, it's Kabbalah and aparently pretty big with celebrities.
Susan
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2005, 05:25:20 PM »

celebrities are all into what's trendy, that goes for religion and how they workout/diet. Then the little people read the magazines and see madonna wearing a red bracelet and think that's a great way to be "different" and get attention. well whatever

i practice the belief of cinema - can that be a religion? i worship at the altar of cineplex.

Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2005, 05:27:39 PM »

I practice voodoo, but I still havent been able to raise a zombie army! What a ripoff!!!
Susan
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2005, 05:39:31 PM »

master -

HOW TO MAKE A ZOMBIE
(don't forget the puffer fish)
Zombie Recipe

To make a zombie requires:

one freshly, almost dead, person (see below)
some human bone and flesh
several varieties of exotic plants
a few reptiles
one type of worm
a centipede
a special type of spider
a puffer fish

While the first two ingredients could easily be considered the most shocking, the last ingredient, the puffer fish, is one that is most likely to catch the attention of neuroscientists and toxicologists. This is because puffer fish species are known to contain a very powerful toxin called tetrodotoxin. Tetrodotoxin (TTX) is a potent sodium channel blocker that blocks synaptic transmission by halting the propagation of action potentials. At very small dosages it can be lethal. The amazing thing about this toxin, also known as fugu poison, is that millions of people intentionally consume it.

You might could find some of the Haitian powder on Ebay or something. I odn't think it's a crime to make a zombie here, but in Haiti it is - so you're in luck!

Haitian Penal Code:

Article 249. It shall also be qualified as attempted murder the employment which may be made against any person of substances which, without causing actual death, produce a lethargic coma more or less prolonged. If, after the person had been buried, the act shall be considered murder no matter what result follows.

Post Edited (06-16-05 17:40)
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2005, 08:54:25 AM »

OH MY GOD!
I am sooooooo glad you posted that Haitian Penal Code, Susan...I was just now on my way out the door to head to Haiti to build me a zombie! Boy, would my face have been red...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2005, 10:31:51 AM »

I'm just trying to figure out how to sneak into the local ER with a bag of blowfish, worms, spiders, centipedes, lizards, plants, and human flesh in order to find an almost dead person to make into a zombie. And since I want an army this is going to take awhile.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2005, 10:32:28 AM »

Wence wrote:

> "Caballa"?  
> "Whacko"?
>
> What kind of groups are they?
>

In this case, "Whacko" seems to refer to Catholic.  I'm not Catholic, but I do find that a little harsh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2005, 10:35:35 AM »

My pun is intended as Mel Gibson is a whacko. I have no beef with Catholics.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2005, 02:27:02 PM »

Gibson practices a  brand of Catholicism sometimes called "traditionalist" that dislikes or doesn't accept the changes made after Vatican II. There are several offshoot sects of these beliefs, and of varying degrees. Some even claim that the mainstream Catholic Church in Rome is not the "true church" and that they are the real Church now. I'm not sure which splinter group Gibson is supposed to belong to. In interviews he tends to down play this and say that he just prefers the Latin Rite Mass which was mostly done away with after Vatican II, saying Mass in the local language or languages being accepted after that. His father has been more vocal in his traditionalist beliefs, having said in interviews that no Pope from John XXIII on was legitimate and claiming that Vatican II was a conspiracy of Mason and Jews. Between stuff like this and his staements questioning the truth of the Holocaust, Mel's Dad is off in paranoid crazy conspiracy land.

Opus Dei is an entirely different kind of group within the mainstream Catholic Church, although many consider it a cult or a conspiracy group, and have become fodder for conspiracy types and thriller writers. I know much less about them so I'm not qualified to explain much about their organization without going off into rumor and speculation.

Getting back to Cruise, I heard this morning about his proposal to Holmes. Jeez is he that desperate to prove something, to generate media attention for their films (He proposes just as her film is opening and just before his does and announces it to the world the same day?), or is he truly going insane. If he keeps this up and it's not just cynical attempts to get attention he may be in Klaus Kinski/Crispin Glover/Gary Busey crazy person territory in a few years. Then he'll really be fun to watch.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Wence
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2005, 02:28:28 PM »

ulthar,

first I thought "Whacko?" Hm... sounds like... Waco???

I remember that there was a terrible gun battle in the 80´s (86?) between the Davidans and the FBI in the city of Waco. In Waco, the Davidian sect had it´s headquarters. The FBI stormed the Headquarters of the Davidians. The building burned out.

So firtst I wondered if they still exist and if Mel Gibson is one of them. That would be really freaked-out...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Scontri stellari oltre la terza dimensione"
odinn7

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2005, 03:04:02 PM »

Wence, it was '93.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Susan
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2005, 09:41:06 AM »

FREE KATIE HOLMES

oh and if anyone didn't see cruise acting like a psycotic on Oprah here are some shots Oprah

He's reminds me of a mix between richard simmons and the character he played on Magnolia

Post Edited (06-18-05 09:53)
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2005, 09:58:57 AM »

"Whacko:  variant spelling of wacko:  n, insane.  Origin:  1970's, from 'wacky'"

(according to my dictonary widget)

Maybe Tom was chanting "it puts the lotion on its skin!  Or else it gets the hose again, yes it does Oprah my precioussssssss!"
Susan
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2005, 10:12:19 AM »

lol zap - maybe someone should edit that video and graphically put tom and katies heads on the actors

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Tom Cruise « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.