Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:26:57 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Tom Cruise « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: OT: Tom Cruise  (Read 48055 times)
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2005, 02:17:07 AM »

he better be careful. These antics of his as of late might provide more entertainment than the movie. :)

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Wence
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2005, 03:52:16 AM »

>>downloading the oprah debacle now and making some popcorn

where can I get the whole video from?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Scontri stellari oltre la terza dimensione"
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2005, 10:15:44 AM »

trek geezer, have you forwarded the Shatnerologist site to the Scientologists?  We may see a new celelbrity trend here . . . . . . . .

Post Edited (06-30-05 10:16)

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2005, 11:25:54 AM »

OK, this post has reached 107 responses, so please don't be too hard on me if I repeat something already written here, because I don't have the time to read through the whole thread.

Is it me or Tom Cruise is starting to look creepy? There is something in that way he moves around too fast, or on how his smile inmediately rises to something maniachal. He's starting to look like the animated Joker to me.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2005, 12:00:54 PM »

OK, this post has reached 107 responses

I've just been trying to figure out how a OT thread about a A list celebrity can reach 100+ posts on a B movie message board.

Bruce Campbell I would at least understand...but..Tom Cruise?

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
odinn7

« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2005, 12:15:26 PM »

It's because Cruise is a f'in freak. If he was just an "A list celebrity", we would have no reason to talk about him but the fact that he's a freak...well, now that's quite a different story. Still, I am thoroughly sick of seeing him on tv and reading about him in the news all the time. I never liked him and now I like him even less.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
h.p. Love
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2005, 01:12:08 PM »

I actually didn't download it yet. It's a huge 2 part file and I'm a dial up kinda guy.

It's apparently available at:

TomCruisefan.com
Which is an extremely disturbing site by people obsessed with tom cruise in a bad way (unlike my way which is ok).

Look at the message board. Everyone has avatars of cruise and signatures with cruise and they don't really say anything except agree about how much they love tom cruise. Anything "negative' is prohibited and his potentially rantings and ravings and scientology in general is not mentioned.

TVGasm.com
A site with some cool montages based on the oprah, access hollywood, water squirting incident, the today show (with a comment at the end from katie couric). I can only get sound on the last one. Small files.

Salon.com (arts and entertainment pages)
2 articles of a 4 part series on dianetics, celebrities, and hubbard. The series was started with the onslouth of angry/happy/manic tom. Apparently many think he has reached OT-VII level which is some sort of astral projection, delusional state that you command superpowers over reality, and so forth. Tom's been a 'tologist for about 20 years, which is the average time to reach that level of "understanding"

- This message has been approved by the Order of Conspicuous Merit -
Menard
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2005, 01:37:54 PM »

Love him or hate him, he is apparently popular enough to elicit this kind of response. He has certainly found his way into the news with some of his couch jumping antics as of late. I don't have much opinion about him one way or another. If he is in a movie I like, I do not find myself liking the movie because of him or disliking the movie because of him. Although I do recognize that some people will go to see a movie because he is in it, as there is star pulling power to many celebrities, as well there are those who will avoid a movie because he is in it. Uh...would that be star repulsion power? (:

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2005, 01:44:29 PM »

This thread is really getting tiresome.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
h.p. Love
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2005, 03:04:33 PM »

trek_geezer wrote:

> This thread is really getting tiresome.
>

Stop reading it and take a nap.

I think it's more interesting than dissecting silly top 100 lists.

OT yes, but he's an "a list" celeb but has been in bad movies. Besides, now that his public life his become more interesting than most of the movies "a list" celebrities are in, I'll pay attention till i'm sick of it too. It doesn't cost 7.50 and drinks are free.

His press and behavior have created a weird "b-movie reality show." Scientology tents on movie sets, katie holmes with scientologist reps in her entourage, The ape man dance, the hand holding thing, calling matt lauher "glib", saying he's helped 100s of people get off of drugs. It's crazy fun. And after all, he's in a remake of a classic sci-fi film/radio program.

I'm not interested in an A-list actor, I'm interested in an A-list nut job.

Post Edited (06-30-05 15:11)

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2005, 09:24:39 PM »

Yeah, it's not every day you get to see a big star lose his mind, and do it so publicly.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Susan
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2005, 09:46:33 PM »

Can we have a real celebrity cage match with tom cruise and mel gibson? Brooks shields can be the girl who walks around with the card showing the round of the match

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2005, 09:47:19 PM »

That tomcruisefan forum is astonishingly creepy.  Take a look at it if you like.  It has some major lithium lack goin' on there.  Looks like they are being trolled more heavily than I've ever seen a site trolled before.  They have a very long page of rules in their registration screen, and it requires an admin email (not automated) to register.  

And they delete and ban for the first hint of Tom-bashage.  =)

They have some cool animated smilies that I have copied, though that's the only thing of any pure value on the site I saw... but as said above, they have tons of creepy Tom avatars and everyone has an artsy Tom picture in her/his .sig.

Here's a copy of the sticky in the main forum:

"Recently, we have had an influx of 40 - 50 people a day joining this site to rip Tom a new one, and things are beginning to get out of hand. I would like to take some time to clairify my position on this issue.

If you are here for the sole reason to tell us that you disagree with Tom, please do yourself a favor and don't even post. I will delete your post, ban your screenname, IP address, and email address from this forum without warning. I've timed it and I can do that in all of 20 seconds. On the other hand it probably take you 20 minutes to sign up and write your post. Please save both of us some time and just not post it. I am all for freedom of speech, but if I let 40+ new members a day post about how the disagree with Tom this place would be overrun, and HIS TRUE FANS (which is what this site is for) wouldn't be having any fun.

So I don't care how you sugarcoat your message with this crap "Oh I like Tom, but.." or "I'm not here to bash, but.." or "He makes good movies, but..." I DON'T CARE. If your first post is how you disagree with Tom, I will delete it and ban you. It's that simple.

I'm sorry to have to place such strict rules, but unfourtantly, it is what has to be done to keep this place civil at the moment. When things go back to normal, I'll probably delete this post.

So if you are new here and really ARE a fan what should you do? Well if you haven't realized it, Tom's about to release a new AWSOME movie War of the Worlds. One of our best members shadowkat has been kind enough to write a review of the NY premiere. Go check it out and see what you think! "
h.p. Love
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2005, 10:18:56 PM »

Zap, did you also notice who the admin is? It's a guy: Jon.

One post I saw had a big pic of tom and katie and it said: TOMATIE!

If you look at the vid thumbs, you get a kind of timeline. Someone here said he's starting to look strange and you can see the progression. It's the smile. It has grown to enormous proportions and he keeps laughing and using it even more than ever. Plus, he's off his rocker at the moment and that can't help any.

Also, he dumped his longtime manager apparently and now it's his sister. Also a 'tologist from what I've read.

I don't think my demented interest in this will last too much longer, not that it'll go away completely. I'm going to see what time the view is on and probably tape it.

Lewis Black the other night was pretty funny:

footage from Today: Matt, psychology is a...it's a pseudoscience.
cut to Black: As opposed to scientology! Which has the word "science" right in it!
footage of Tom: There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance.
cut to Black: Oh no? Then how do you explain what is happening to you right NOW!

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2005, 11:42:38 PM »

>If you look at the vid thumbs, you get a kind of timeline. Someone here said he's starting to look strange >and you can see the progression. It's the smile. It has grown to enormous proportions and he keeps >laughing and using it even more than ever. Plus, he's off his rocker at the moment and that can't help >any.

Sorta Smilex-like, wouldn't you say?  

(Or however you spell that stuff the Joker uses.  Yeah, the Jack Nicholson Joker.)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Tom Cruise « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.