Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:40:35 PM
714221 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Tell Me Something « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tell Me Something  (Read 1744 times)
Blue.Brutal
Dedicated Viewer

« on: June 13, 2005, 12:24:14 AM »

Hey, all.  I used to post here under the name "Grumpy Guy" - and here I am, back again.  Woo-hoo, right?

I just got done watching a film entitled "Tell Me Something."  The movie is Korean, directed by Chang Youn-Hyun, starring Han Suk-gyu (who, despite his somewhat unfortunate last name, gives a stellar performace), and based on an original story by Koo Bon-Han.

Now, I don't scare easily.  I really, don't.  But this movie freaked me out more than a bit.  The basic plot is about an investigation into a serial killer on rampage in Seoul.  The killer is amputating body parts of his victims and then leaving them - parts ajumble - in trash bags around the city.

The film is exceptionally gory, and the last half hour of it had me on the edge of my seat, almost unable to blink.  I have to whole-heartedly recommend it and hope no American studio picks up the rights and ruins it with bad casting and worse direction.  (The Grudge, anyone?)

__
"And besides – it simply isn’t possible to hate a film whose ultimate moral is that, yes, all the bad stuff in the world is Ashton Kutcher’s fault; and, yes, many people would be better off if Ashton Kutcher had never come into their lives."
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 04:53:11 PM »

You do know that "The Grudge" remake was directed by the same director, right?

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 05:16:32 PM »

Brutal,

Is it worth picking up?  I'm sure I'll never get to see it unless I buy it and ebay has a copy for about 7.00 including shipping.  I'm a huge fan of anything Asian and it sounds pretty damned good.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 10:35:39 PM »

Skaboi wrote:

> Brutal,
>
> Is it worth picking up?  I'm sure I'll never get to see it
> unless I buy it and ebay has a copy for about 7.00 including
> shipping.  I'm a huge fan of anything Asian and it sounds
> pretty damned good.
>

Sorry about this. Skaboi.  Brutal isn't ignoring you.  He's working as an RA at a college and it eat's up a lot of his time.  Next time I talk with him, I'll mention your question.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 10:25:03 AM »

Skaboi I have the Grudge 1and 2 and the TV version just called "Ju-on" which is a prequel (sp?) to the Grudge movies. Both movies are good  but the first is better. I have to say the TV one is better than the movies though. It gives more background on charaters and is bit more gory to it. I say get the first movie to see how you like it.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 10:31:19 AM »

Rich,

Yeah, I have The Grudge on DVD as well (gotta love a DVD-R drive).  I was curious as to if "Tell Me Something" was worth picking up or not.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Blue.Brutal
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 07:50:18 PM »

Skaboi wrote:

> Rich,
>
> Yeah, I have The Grudge on DVD as well (gotta love a DVD-R
> drive).  I was curious as to if "Tell Me Something" was worth
> picking up or not.
>

Yeah, sorry it took me so long to respond to this, Sakboi - like Cullen said, my job takes up a buttload of time.  

Yes, Tell Me Something is absolutely worth picking up.  It is pure suspence and gore, and it does both of them well.  The acting is fantastic, the cinematography is completely atmospheric and suits the movie quite well.  I loved it, and I say go for it - especially at only $7 + S/H.  I'd pay $20 for a copy if I had to.

To others -
Yes, I know that Ju-On and The Grudge had the same director.  Ju-On did not, however, have Sarah Michelle Gellar in it.  She needs to go back to being Buffy The Vampire Slayer.  Seriously.

__
"And besides – it simply isn’t possible to hate a film whose ultimate moral is that, yes, all the bad stuff in the world is Ashton Kutcher’s fault; and, yes, many people would be better off if Ashton Kutcher had never come into their lives."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Tell Me Something « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.