Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:15:43 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Jungle Holocaust DVD Review « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jungle Holocaust DVD Review  (Read 1058 times)
Anonymous User
« on: June 15, 2005, 01:57:39 PM »

DR. CARN-AGE'S :
C O R N E R  O F  S L E A Z E –    
B L O O D Y – T E R R O R  !  !  !

Flesh Eating-Ghouls, Limb-Worshipping-Zombies, Insane Cannibals, Serial Killers, Witches, Brain-Eating Aliens, Mad-Scientists, Psycho-Demons, Man-Eating Alligators, Flesh-Splattering Parasites, Man-Hunting Rednecks….

Today’s-Gut-Munching-Cate-gory:  “Cannibal Clas-sicks”

Graveyard-Title: Jungle Holocaust aka The Last Survivor, The Last Cannibal World, De laatste
kannibalen, The Last Cannibals, Carnivorous, Mondo Cannibale 2, Ultimo Mondo Cannibale.
Flick-Director:  Ruggero Deodato / Italy 1978
Rigor-Medium:   DVD
Coffin-Label:     Media Blasters / Shriek Show (U.S)

Storyline: Robert Harper was an average entrepreneur until he stranded on an isolated development on new guinea. Rolf, his true friend gets lost in this cruel jungle and robert find’s himself trapped in this cannibal-island of death. A primitive tribe that’s not decent.. but malicious and savage !!!! Torture and humiliating are there employments, which robert must feel on his own body. He get’s locked in a little cave where he must suffer with a “carnage-attacking”-exotic bird. (No kidding). In the afternoon he witnessing an sick incident. The cannibals taking one of their tribe, bound him on tree-stump, slitting up his wrists and let scrabble red-ants in his wounds….oouucchhhh !!! One girl from the primitives is on roberts side, after long time of agony he can escape with the help of her, but the tribe catches her and eating her up for good. Finally robert find his friend rolf, and in the last minute, they can fly away with their stranded airplane…End

Dr.Carn-age says:

One of the true cannibal-sicko’s brought to you by no one other than ruggero deodato, the master of this genre (The infamous “Cannibal Holocaust”). This flick got all that you needed and want from this type of film: “ Human-Flesh-Needing Primitives, Ultra-Cruel Animal Killings, An-Island of Endless Bushes and Trees, A simple Storyline and last but not least gore, gore, gore” !!!!
Fans know the Actress Me-Me Lai, she appeared in “Eaten Alive, Man from the deep river” too.
The fantastic DVD release from “Shriek Show” comes (as always) in an astonishing remastered-anamorphic widescreen transfer that will make your eyeballs split out… I think this is the definitive edition of this movie. And it’s also packed with a lot of extras: “Audio Commentary, Interviews, Rare Poster and Production Stills and more. Get this gore-met in it’s full gory-glory, “bon appetit” sleazer’s.
__________________________________________________________________________________

To get Medical Response, or Several Stumps, Shrunken-Heads and Background Information about the Movies:
-------------------------------------------
Contact Dr. Carn-age at:
gorepus@web.de
or call your local pathologist !!!   

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 08:09:44 PM »

Yep, them Cannibal films from Italy are something else. All three of the films you mentioned are similiar JUNGLE HOLOCAUST, MAN FROM DEEP RIVER, and EATEN ALIVE, yet each should be viewed.

There is one scene that the director used twice in two of the films.

Welcome to the messageboard Carn-age...............................

Anonymous User
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 05:19:52 AM »

Hi Scott !

Yeah i really know the story with the scene Lenzi has used twice. First in Man from the deep river (mutilation of the chest and tit cut off..) and then used in Eaten Alive all the same..funny ! Its a pity that Lenzi himself doesnt like cannibal movies much !!!

I also checked your internet site "ancient ruels" very cool man you have a very good
taste with movies.. Very cool old poster stuff that you posted there im a hard core
horror fan since years... Do you know the excellent book "Shock Horror" from fab press uk there are a lot of cult horror-poster replicas in there.. you must checkm this one out i'm sure you will like it !
whats yoour email adress..?

till soon, buddy

Dr.Carn-age
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 09:32:01 PM »

Thanks, I haven't updated my site since April since I've been considering revamping my website sometime during this year. Just trying to figure out what I would like to have on the site and taking the time to put it together. I haven't taken the time and money to put together a really nice site and the ones I do are free with the banners through anglefire.com. I've been with them since about 1997 with many different websites.

Haven't read SHOCK HORROR, but may have went through it at Borders. I have a one book called IMMORAL TALES about European films from 1956-1984. It has some great posters and photos from many films in it.

Post Edited (06-19-05 22:28)

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Jungle Holocaust DVD Review « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: osmosis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.