Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:54:08 AM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2081 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: June 27, 2005, 02:19:57 PM »

THe Little Shop of Horrors (1960) - Directed by Roger Corman

Seymour turns the neighborhood florist shop into the title when he brings in his little horticulture experiment Audrey Jr. Seymour turns to homicide, though some of it is accidental, to keep Audrey fed.

Look for the sadistic dentist and Jack Nicholson as a mascochistic dental patient. Dick Miller is thrown in for good measure.

Tormented (1960) - Directed by Bert I. Gordon

Tom (Richard Karlson) is a jazz pianist is about to get married when an old flame,Vi (Juli Reding), shows up first to try to talk him out of it and then resorting  to blackmail. Lucky for him the railing on the old lighthouse was in such bad shape, He lets Vi take fall into the rocky waters below.

Is it his guilty conscience or is Vi really  haunting him for the rest of the movie? This one got the MST3K treatment.

Proof (1991) - Directed by Jocelyn Moorhouse

Martin (Hugo Weaving) has been blind since birth and has the odd hobby of taking photos to prove that the world is the way people describe it to him. He has always thought that his mother, who died when he was young, had lied to him about the garden outside his window. He's in search of someone he can trust to describe his first photo of that garden.

He meets young Andy (Russell Crowe) at a restaurant and they become fast friends.

This causes trouble because Andy comes between Martin and Celia (Geneviève Picot), Martin's housekeeper, who has an obsessive crush on Martin. Martin treats her poorly and rejects her when she takes him for a night out. She then uses her wiles on Andy to discredit him. Martin ends up with no one to trust.

I enjoyed this movie, especially when Andy takes Martin to the drive-in. This leads to a very hilarious situation.

National Treasure (2004) - Directed by John Turteltaub

Ben Gates (Nicolas Cage) goes after a mythic treasure supposedly hidden by the founding fathers of the U.S. which involves stealing the original Declaration of Independence and searching for clues at American landmarks.

The whole premise is kinda silly, but this is a great 'popcorn' movie that doesn't make any pretense about what it is.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 02:36:03 PM »

National Treasure was a pleasant surprise. It was one of those rare movies that was not as dumb as the trailers made it look. I really enjoyed it.

By the way, I happened to watch The Fellowship of the Ring, Goldeneye and National Treasure within a few days of each other. Is it my imagination, or does Sean Bean betray people a lot?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 02:39:54 PM »

I never thought that about Bean until you just mentioned it .

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Susan
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 06:18:51 PM »

My recent viewings are

SIDEWAYS - it was kinda interesting. Man going through middle age crisis helps friend sew his oates before his wedding. He's a big wine connesiour. Best picture? no, but watchable

What was downright unwatchable was "HOSTAGE' with bruce willis. Too many scenes with onions to the eyes, seems to me bruce needed to leave the room and curl up in a fetal position and sob his little heart out. I want action dammit! I don't want tears in an action film! There's no crying in action!

I got LA FEMME NIKITA for this week, i saw it years ago but wanted to see if it stands the test of time.

Of course i'm only listing movies i get elsewhere, not the 5 movies i watched over the weekend from my own collection

LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 06:48:27 PM »

Thanks for mentioning Proof. It's probably the only movie I like that has Russell Crowe in it. I haven't seen it in ages though.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 09:48:30 PM »

Susan ,I saw Hostage too it the theater and it was crap. The guy that was a  crazy was funny though. I liked at the end when he started walking through the fire or chasing that kid through the vents.

Post Edited (06-27-05 21:49)

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 10:38:12 PM »

LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS is one of Cormans famous ones. It was good for what it was. The copy I once owned was faded and took some of the pleasure out of it. One that I did like of Cormans was A BUCKET OF BLOOD.

TORMENTED is one of my favorite films with the womans head talking and the lighthouse. Good film.

Been wanting to see NATIONAL TREASURE.

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 01:02:32 PM »

Always liked "Little Show of Horrors", it just had a "little movie that could" feel to it. Modest goals for the movie, but it meets them.

I saw "Sideways" about a month ago or so, I liked it ( lot even) but didn't see why Nick Degillio on WGN went on about it so much. The guy just got carried away thining it was a masterpiece.

Haven't been watching too many film lately, haven't even been to the rental place in a while. Most of the stuff I've bought is either old stuff I've seen already ("The Longest Yard" "The Professionals") or cheap used discs at the pawn shop ("Black Sabbath" - European Version and the Criterion Collection disc of "The 39 Steps"). I've mostly been watching Adult Swim and odd shows on cable ("Mythbusters", "Rescue Me") or stuff I missed before reruns like "Lost".

Even if Sean Bean is a serial traitor, you can always ambush him with a cup of coffee......

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 01:09:53 PM »

Oh, but I did watch "Going Home" on Turner South the other day starring Robert Mitchum and Jan-Michael Vincent. So-so story but the acting was very good. It's the kind of small film that would be either an independent film or a cable TV Movie nowadays. I've gotten use to Turner South now, just wish they'd play more of these lesser known films or I'd remember to tape the late night and early hours of weekends movies more often to see what turns up. Since even the morning movies on weekdays now are mostly reruns of the prime time fare from the night before or stuff I've seen already. "Point Blank" was on the other day then, I watched part of it, but I'm holding out for the DVD release July 5th. Better be widescreen, always wanted to see it that way.

Post Edited (06-28-05 13:11)

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.