Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:39:30 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Basement ideas « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Basement ideas  (Read 4306 times)
pjpants
Dedicated Viewer

« on: April 28, 2008, 11:12:34 AM »

first of all this is my first post here even though i have been coming here for years. i have recently purchased my first house and i have been trying to decorate my basement. i have my mame arcade, my bears helmet and walter payton fathead, my bar with a kegerator in it, and my flat screen with my 360 hooked up down there, my light saber, and all my degree's framed behind the bar along with a few incident reports that i got having too much fun years ago in the dorms... anyways my point is i have almost all the facets of my personality covered EXCEPT the lust for B-horror movies. i was lucky enough to get an auto-graph photo of the girl from deamons two, and i want to get an autograph from Tom atkins. i have a giant flashing now showing sign that i need to find a poster for. so im appealing to you guys to give me other ideas for stuff i can put in my basement... drop me some ideas, or flame me if i went about this the wrong way:)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 11:22:24 AM »

There are a lot of fun b-movie posters, so finding some of those should not be too hard.  You can often find them in old movie shops, plus Ebay - for originals.  There are also sites like Rick's Movie Graphics for reproductions.

You could also look for some of the models, toys, and such from films, and fan-created art is always a possibility.

And, with a little work, you could make yourself a poster-sized artwork by capturing dozens of screencaps from b-movies.  That's something I have been wanting to do for years.  Get a bunch of screen caps, arrange them into a project large enough to be printed as a poster, and take the file to a printers to get a custom b-movie collage for my wall.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
pjpants
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 11:37:27 AM »

man i never even thought of that. there is a kinkos right by my house too
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 03:32:31 PM »

You could always get a Plan 9 From Outer Space poster, that I think would be best seeing as how it the bad movie of bad movies.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 07:46:16 AM »

How about getting some of the "free giveaways" they used to hand out at movie theater box offices?  You can probably buy some on Ebay.  For instance, during the original theatrical run of MARK OF THE DEVIL, they gave out "stomach distress bags" (vomit bags).  For the movie BASKET CASE, they gave out surgical masks (made out of a strong sort of tissue paper with a piuece of elasticized string to hold it on your head).  The purpose of this mask (according to the ads) was "to keep the blood off your face."  I had one for years but I ended up throwing it away (long before the invention of Ebay).  When I went to see RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD they gave out mini posters for the movie.  When I went to see DUNE, they gave out a glossy paper with alien words and English translations on it.  Stuff like that . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 07:51:37 AM »

The best accessory for a flatscreen TV is a nice surround sound system, and a big comfy La-Z-Boy of course.  You've already got the kegerator, so you're covered there  TeddyR  If you're into Full Moon movies, they sell all kinds of memorabilia items from their movies, might want to check them out.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
pjpants
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 10:11:48 AM »

i want to set up some bat racks behind the bar with a white sox bat, my lightsaber and something identify-able from a b horro movie. the posters i have found have been really cool on the different sites around. im a school teacher at an alternative school so i often have entire classes that get in fights and never make it to my room(incidently it used to be the shower part of a locker room so its little) so i have nothing but time on the internet, when its working. if you guys could drop me some search tips that would be wild. i am as special ed as my students so have a little trouble staring at ebay with nothing to narrow my search. the only thing that i have been over-ruled on for the basement was the set of samuri armor i found. would have been cool in a display case but it was one of those impulse buys that im glad the boss talked me out of
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 01:52:24 PM »

The Full Moon stuff is over here:  http://www.fullmoondirect.com/index.html  On the left side they've got categories for posters, toys, replicas, etc.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 02:59:48 PM »

The best way to decorate a MAN SPACE is with your own personality. If you try to design it it will look designed if you just let it grow organically and evolve over time you'll be far more pleased with the results.

One of the things I have in my MAN SPACE is a wall where everyone that comes in signs and leaves a note or not, on the wall. After a few years there are 100's of them. I add things to the space that I think are "cool" and more things you add to a space that you think are cool or you like the more of a reflection of you personality it becomes. I have buddy of mine has a MAN SPACE he hired a designer to do it and after a short interview with him, she designed it and it looks nothing like him in the least. I don't go into his space and say "This is Don." it's not him it's the women he hired and it's all looks stale and store bought. (Know what I mean?)
Your space has to evolve over time, it's not a weekend project. I like antique, weird art, b-movies and stuff that just stikes me as neat, cool, different or whatever. A little piece is added here and there and things are removed and replaces as my taste change. It becomes an extension of your personality.

The one thing you have that I don't do is a "ME WALL". All my degrees, awards, trophies and papers are in a boxes in the closet. Those aren't who I am, but what I've done and I go to my MAN SPACE to escape work not be reminded of it. Just my thoughts, it's your space you put what you want there. As I said it's a extension of one's personality and if you like that, then go for it. Your space has to be you, and respectively mine, mine.

As far as movie posters go I buy some from moviegoods.com they on occasion have original b-movie posters. Be forewarned, be prepared to dig deep to get them. You can buy repo's for around $30 ... here
http://www.moviegoods.com/movie_poster/invasion_of_the_saucer_men_1957.htm

Collectors NOTE:Repo's of pre 1985 posters are 27X40 or less originals are 27X41, pre 85's where folded while post 85's where rolled. Don't get ripped off. Vintage 40's, 50's posters can run in the $1000's while QUALITY repo's should be under $50.

Anywho ... that's my 2 cents worth of advice.

soylentgreen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 10:12:14 PM »

Naturally, you're gonna need one of these to add just the right touch of class.

Of course, you'll already be in the basement.  But that's beside the point.  Wink

That's my driver's license picture....I hate that picture!"
pjpants
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 10:31:28 AM »

"MAN SPACE to escape work not be reminded of it."

i agree hole heartedly. it is stuff that i just put up there for now until i can get some thing else cool on the wall down there. plus the gini pigs are taking up my the space that will be my "office". you know all about that room... the room that my fiance wants to look professional so that she can show people the house and say, "oh this is our office, bla bla bla" thats were the stuff that makes us look important goes. the basement is my area to put whatever stuff is not allowed upstairs.

that batman bust is strait up reckless!!! i love it. it will find its way to the man cave soon as summer winds around. i have a street light that i had a friend wire up, i would have plugged that to the bust... however its not grounded and i dont need electrical fires. so i tore the wires out and put it in my classroom.

im excited for the possiblities... keep them coming guys!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Basement ideas « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.