Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:19:07 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  (Not so) Fantastic Four « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: (Not so) Fantastic Four  (Read 4309 times)
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 10, 2005, 04:35:19 PM »

I was very dissappointed in this movie.  I went opening night with medium expectations and came out very dissappointed.  I don't know what could have saved it.  I think Jessica Alba and whomever played Reed Richards were just really poor casting choices.  The script also wasn't very good and the character of Doom was awful.  The thing and human torch were entertaining, so I guess 2 out of 5 isn't bad.

But I am a sucker for Marvel comic book movies so I am sure I will go to the next one.  Hopefully Ghostrider will be good next year.
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 05:00:36 PM »

I liked the flim. I felt the only week link was Doom  could have done alittle better but besides that I though it was good. I thought Jessica Alba was going to be bad but I though see put on a decent performence. I have been hearing that people have been going splits on the movie. You either love/hate and I though it was good.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

odinn7

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 06:18:38 PM »

Yeah, and I heard that the only time Alba gets naked is when she's invisible...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
dean

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 03:40:56 AM »

I enjoyed this film; it was an entertaining bit of fluff and that's it.

That's it really; not really needed to go to in cinemas, but it was nice.  Plus Jessica Alba is a bonus.

>>>Yeah, and I heard that the only time Alba gets naked is when she's invisible...

Well the film is rated PG here, which is the rating given to disney movies and such, so I wasn't expecting a flesh fest, but that being said, there were some quite nice moments with her in it anyway so I was happy.

It is a piece of pure hollywood fun, which I like everynow and then, but if you have an extreme dislike for the hollywood system, maybe it is not for you.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 10:25:45 AM »

I haven't seen it, and I don't want to see it. I still can't believe Ioan Gruffudd got mixed up in this mess. He really is a superior actor, and yet from all accounts he comes across as if he can't act his way out of a paper bag. He needs to go back to the UK and forget about Hollywood because it's sucking all of the talent and ability out of him.

Post Edited (07-11-05 12:20)

akiratubo

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 11:39:06 AM »

The trailer was so awful there's no way I'm getting near the whole movie.  I loves me the Dr. Doom and it looks like they completely s**tted him up.  (Sorry for being so blunt.)

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
odinn7

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 02:45:19 PM »

OK...so I gotta know...
My wife wants to see this movie whereas I don't really care if I see it now or on DVD. I will most likely be forced to see it in the theater so here is the ever important question:
Even though she doesn't get naked, will I be able to sit through the movie simply because Jessica Alba is in it?

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 03:00:34 PM »

Odinn7 Its a decent movie thats watchable. You should be fine. I found it to be a "Hollywood summer popcorn" movie just with superheros in ti. I enjoyed it but I am into comics. I gave you a point of you from a movie fan not a fanboy of comics.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 05:34:36 PM »

I was in Dark Water with my wife and mother in law. Dark Water was like watching paint peel so I said I had to go to the bathroom and made my escape. I hopped over to Fantastic 4, saw about 5 minutes and figured I was no better off so I went back to Dark Water. Ugh, this is why I never go to the theatre.
Blue.Brutal
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 03:25:46 AM »

I thought this movie was eye-candy and summer popcorn fare, but that's about it.  The only thing really bad about it is the way Dr. Doom was handled - he had style, I suppose, but in the comics, Dr. Doom once let the Fantastic Four go because in order to get them he would have had to destroy priceless art treasures.  He just doesn't have enough class in this movie.

The Thing, however, is great.  Chiklis was the perfect choice for the role as far as I can tell.  He's just freaking spectacular - and they did the wise-cracking ill-temered hero without CGI (JOY!).

Also, and this has bugged me for a while, why is it that although the skin-tight protective suits sip all the way to the neck on men, they only go up to about mid-sternum on women?  I mean, come on...

__
"And besides – it simply isn’t possible to hate a film whose ultimate moral is that, yes, all the bad stuff in the world is Ashton Kutcher’s fault; and, yes, many people would be better off if Ashton Kutcher had never come into their lives."
odinn7

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 07:05:45 AM »

"why is it that although the skin-tight protective suits sip all the way to the neck on men, they only go up to about mid-sternum on women? "

I wouldn't want it any other way.

Blue.Brutal
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 08:47:04 AM »

odinn7 wrote:

>
> I wouldn't want it any other way.
>

Well, I can see what you're saying here, but c'mon, man - for the sake of logic, can't women be allowed to zip up their body suits?

And, while we're on the subject (sort of) can anyone explain why Ripley's underware is so freaking tiny?

__
"And besides – it simply isn’t possible to hate a film whose ultimate moral is that, yes, all the bad stuff in the world is Ashton Kutcher’s fault; and, yes, many people would be better off if Ashton Kutcher had never come into their lives."
odinn7

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2005, 09:04:21 AM »

"Well, I can see what you're saying here, but c'mon, man - for the sake of logic, can't women be allowed to zip up their body suits?"

No.

"And, while we're on the subject (sort of) can anyone explain why Ripley's underware is so freaking tiny?"

She was kind of hot back then...they wanted to show off her "assets". No problem here.

Blue.Brutal
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2005, 09:27:27 AM »

What the hell was I thinking?  I was trying to argue for logic in a movie where a guy gets orange and rocky because of cosmic rays.  Yeah, 'cause logic fits into that equasion...

__
odinn7

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2005, 09:35:05 AM »

Now we're on the same page.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  (Not so) Fantastic Four « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.