Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:11:10 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction (1997) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction (1997)  (Read 2460 times)
Wence
Dedicated Viewer

« on: July 17, 2005, 11:01:18 AM »

BEYOND BELIEF: FACT OR FICTION

IMDB
>>Plot Summary: Within the course of one hour 5 stories are shown. None of these stories have any logical explanation...<<

I fully agree!

I finished watching a double episode Beyond Belief. Oh man, that´s really hard stuff! I ask myself why so many people like it "really" (i.e. watch it without laughing about it). I know that there´s a great demand for mystery nowadays, but these stories are no "mystery" - no matter if real or fiction.

Just one example:
There was a story - presented as "real" - that was about a dark and mysterious looking man being brought to hospital after accident.
In the night he wake up, jumped off the bed and stole 200 pints of stored blood to drink them out on the toilet. After being disturbed by nurses and chased through the hospital he jumped out of a window on the 6th floor!!! Noone ever saw this man again...

So this man was a vampire - for sure!
What a load of crap!

The only question I have is: Beyond Belief - good bad or bad bad?
If you wanna say good, please don´t answer to this thread...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Scontri stellari oltre la terza dimensione"
Wence
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 11:03:07 AM »

Oh, I ment:
 if you want to say "really good" instead of "good bad", please don´t answer to this thread...

LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 12:33:36 PM »

This show is hilarious! I prefer the eps where Jonathan Frakes is the host, because he introduced the stories with an air of humor.

Wence
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 01:56:03 PM »

Jonathan Frakes makes the fun complete!

His stiff introductions are as bad as the stories following them.

He was cool as Commander Ryker, but in Beyond Belief he gives a silly performance...

Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 09:30:17 AM »

I just hate that this is popular enough, or gets the bills paid enough, that SciFi shows it all the time, including those daytime marathons. I don't mind when they rotate between lots of different shows, but lately they seem only to feature a handful of series: this, Star Trek, Sliders, The X-Files, The Hulk, Kolchak: the Night Stalker (they'll probably amp this one up to capitalize on the new remake series on ABC), and one or two others that escape my memory. Are they limiting their pick of shows or have their licenses for shows like Farscape and The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne run out.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 08:37:44 AM »

My patience for Stargate SG1 is almost exhausted, also.  Every evening when I flip through the lineup, this is on for 2-3 hours, it seems like.

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 02:51:45 PM »

I'm just waiting for the rest of Kolchack to be released on DVD (only the first two TV movies are on DVD right now). Then I won't have to deal with SciFi ever again. Although I do enjoy all of the documentaries they show, expecially the one about the Soviet UFO secrets and stuff.

Post Edited (07-21-05 14:53)

Mr. Hockstatter
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 09:27:45 AM »

I sort of like that show.  Not that I'd ever actually make a point of watching it, but if you happen to sit in front of the TV for 10 minutes, there's worse stuff on.  I think they do a really good job production and direction wise.  Even if most of the storeis are kind of stupid, they look nice and have good atmosphere.  Some of them actually manage to be a bit eerie.
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005, 03:34:09 PM »

I used to love the show, although when it was on I was like 10. I have a feeling that watching it now I'd probably hate it or at least consider the b-movie of mystery shows.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction (1997) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.