Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:06:31 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Nerds « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Nerds  (Read 11374 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2005, 09:19:11 AM »

That's it Odinn, you're moving to the top of my hit list.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
odinn7

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2005, 09:25:34 AM »

Oh man! I knew I shouldn't pick on someone who plays violent video games.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Menard
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2005, 09:31:00 AM »

At least he's a hit with somebody. (:

Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2005, 09:42:14 AM »

Odinn,

Touche

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2005, 09:47:02 AM »

Well, gee-whiz willikers, I only scored 31.36095% on the Geek Test, making me only a Total Geek with leanings toward Major Geek (although I think everyone I went to high school with (back in the Dark Ages) might disagree and place me higher on the Geek continuum). I guess I should work on devolving my social skills and practice snorting when I laugh more...

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2005, 11:58:18 AM »

28% are more nerdy than me
72% are less nerdy than me

That puts me mid-level.

I am also a Starfleet Captain (according to the test). Never wanted to be an Admiral, they're all corrupt.

Post Edited (07-26-05 12:13)

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
odinn7

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2005, 12:15:40 PM »

Skaboi wrote:

> Odinn,
>
> Touche
>

Who are you calling douche? What the hell gives you the right to say that to me? I was only kidding with you when...what?...oh...touche? As in too-shay?...oh, that's different then. Never mind.

Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2005, 12:34:14 PM »

Odinn,

Apparently you failed the literacy quiz, eh?  lol

:o)

Susan
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2005, 07:18:23 PM »

20 years ago to be a geek was to be an outcast.  A social misfit, a smart person with no social life or skills who sat at home working on a computer back in the day when nobody had personal computers beyond a commadore 64...because the question was "What do I need with a computer?"  My brother was one such geek who before we even really understood computers had them, he also had some black phone or box he used to dialup to BBS. (Bullitin boards) We didn't really understand it at the time. I don't think I really got online until maybe 1990.

Since Bill Gates has introducted the computer to every house in america, people are more technologically inclined.    I still remember using floppies on an IBM. Now the term Geek is deemed "Cool"

We've come a long way baby.....

Post Edited (07-29-05 20:26)
dean

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2005, 07:48:46 PM »

>>>Now the term Geek is deemed "Cool"

Only a true geek would say that! :-P

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Susan
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2005, 08:34:07 PM »

Dean - what's sad is at my work our IT guy took a job elsewhere in the company and he kept trying to get me to apply for his current position. I don't work in IT.

what's worse is in my job I also work with ITG in helping test our software programs to find glitches and other feed issues. Mind you this is not in my job description. This is something that eventually and gradually fell in my lap over time, nobody else in my position deals with this stuff.   Just me.

I swear i could get a job working at a McDonalds drive-through just to "get away from it all" and somehow within a years time part of my job will be working out kinks in the computer system used to order the stupid food. And I'm not any kind of computer guru either. I can't get away from it!!!!  Then again, not many people can say they worked as a SYSOP and did maintenance work on forums on CompuServe early 90's.......

Maybe that just says it all

Post Edited (07-29-05 20:39)
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2005, 10:22:53 PM »

I rated 35.89744% on Susan's test. It's because I read all of the author's mentioned, watch a ton a television, and know a ton of physics. Plus I truly enjoy trivial pursuit. I don't know computer stuff, and I don't game so that hurt me, furthermore I have been playing sports since I was 4 (being 20 now) so I don't shun sports. In fact I just got through teaching two weeks of hockey camp in South and North Carolina and boy are my arms tired. No seriously, swinging a 65 mph slapshot will take its toll over a few weeks. And to yin and yang my geekiness a little more, I have a girl friend....... but she calls me a nerd. Go figure.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2005, 10:23:01 PM »

Susan wrote:

> I swear i could get a job working at a McDonalds drive-through
> just to "get away from it all" and somehow within a years time
> part of my job will be working out kinks in the computer system
> used to order the stupid food.

Did you know that McDonalds is hiring people to take drive thru orders from call centers?

And it isn't your local Mickey D's either.
Some people who do this can literally be hundreds of miles away at a call center in another state.
(I saw all this on Dateline or some similar show)

Here is the link to read more

Post Edited (07-29-05 22:42)
Susan
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2005, 11:20:25 PM »

What's the point, you typically get dinner in less than 3 minutes.  Does that mean they'll end up outsourcing those call center jobs to India?

God help us all then when we try to order a big'n'tasty

I can't wait till they invent teleportation. That is going to change my life when getting food delivered.

odinn7

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2005, 08:08:24 AM »

Teleportation will change my life in many ways...I'm still waiting for that too! C'mon inventors! I was promised this years ago when I was a child, let's get a move on.

I saw something about ordering McDonalds like that...do we really need that? Is that a major issue that needs to be addressed? Seriously...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Nerds « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.