Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:31:47 PM
714348 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Pick Three « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Pick Three  (Read 5797 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2005, 12:00:03 PM »

I had considered The Beast of Yucca Flats, but figured Coleman Francis films might be too tedious for the audience I expect.

Mind you, Once I get the lineup figured out, I'm going to start thinking about games and other audience activities to make it all more palatable.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2005, 06:56:06 PM »

I really love "The Killer Shrews" as a bad movie, so I go with:

The Killer Shrews
Robot Monster
House on Haunted Hill
Reefer Madness

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2005, 07:29:56 AM »

OK, not too much response on the second one, but between myself, Burgo and Andrew, I've put the four into a reasonably satisfying order.

So, the top five, in order, are:

The Brain that Wouldn't Die
Killer Shrews
Robot Monster
The House on Haunted Hill
Reefer Madness

I think that's a pretty good list.

---------------------
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2005, 10:00:32 AM »

Just found a more comprehensive list of movies, and discovered that Plan 9 is also in the public domain!

So, now I have a list of six movies, with the Ed Wood classic at the top.

---------------------
daveblackeye15

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2005, 11:40:20 AM »

You got go wrong with Plan 9, AndyC. Nice one.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Flangepart

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2005, 10:23:35 AM »

That list will kick SO much ass!
Maby you can have a drinking game regards how many times you see Tor, Vampira and the dentist. Okey, maby root beer, but still!...

Watch carefuly, and see how many people do a slow take when they hear...
"Well, inspector Clay is dead...Murdered...and somebody is responsable!"

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
odinn7

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2005, 11:29:25 AM »

I just a few days ago got one of those DVD packages that has "50 Horror Movie Classics" on it. My wife got it for me from some catalog. It's bad movie heaven I'm saying. The transfers are fairly well done and it was worth the $30 bucks she spent. Anyway,  I was quite excited to see the Killer Shrews listed on it as I had never seen the movie and all this talk about it made me need to see it. I think you can't go wrong with that on the list...the movie was just so funny. Reefer Madness? That's an old time favorite of mine (from back in the days...yeah, we used to laugh at it) and I agree that it also, has to be on that list. Good choices you're going with.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2005, 07:43:50 PM »

If you don't consider  what is in public domain, I would go all out  and show Plan 9 from Outer Space, Dracula vs Frankenstein, Rats Are Comming, the Werewolves Are Here, Zontar the Thing From Venus and Beast of Yucca Flats.  That way you have the top 5 bad directors (Wood,  Adamson,  Milligan, Buchanan, and Francis).
daveblackeye15

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2005, 09:54:45 PM »

Hey that's a good idea Ozzymandias. I like it we'll call it "The Dreaded Five" or "The Deadly Five"

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2005, 10:07:08 PM »

My Top Three:

The Brain that Wouldn't Die
The House on Haunted Hill (Vincent Price)
The Killer Shrews

Optionals:

Gamera the Invincible
Robot Monster
A Bucket of Blood
Eegah

No Ways:

Killers from Space
Zontar: The Thing from Venus

dean

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2005, 10:26:22 PM »

AndyC, if you haven't already killed your audience with your excellent movie choices, maybe you could save Plan 9 for an Ed Wood marathon of "Night of the Ghouls'' and "Bride of the Monster" to finish the job.

Or perhaps show them Tim Burton's 'Ed Wood' before hand, so that they can gain a true appreciation for ol' Eddie's brilliance and not pass out whilst watching those films.

If you are after public domain films, I can't tell you whether Night of the Ghouls or Bride of the Monster is or not, but if Plan 9 is public I can't imagine why the others wouldn't be.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2005, 09:42:16 AM »

Don't know if the Tim Burton Film would fit what I'm trying to do. But I do like the idea of an Ed Wood night for another time.

Anyway, I can't use anything but public-domain films. This has got to be legal, and I don't want to worry about getting permission or paying fees. We start talking about movies that somebody owns the rights to, and it all becomes hypothetical.

---------------------
dean

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2005, 07:47:36 PM »

>>>Anyway, I can't use anything but public-domain films. This has got to be legal, and I don't want to worry about getting permission or paying fees. We start talking about movies that somebody owns the rights to, and it all becomes hypothetical.

Yeah, I figured as much, Burton's film made for good viewing just after I bought Plan 9 and Night of the Ghouls, but of course you can't show it, maybe set it for 'homework'.

But it sounds like overall you have an excellent selection.  How many people are you thinking will come to this night and where will it be held? At a cinema or is it just a fun thing with a big group of friends?

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2005, 11:46:03 AM »

It's going to be a fundraiser. Haven't really decided on a venue, but there are some old industrial buildings around that are pretty spacious and atmospheric. At this point, I'm putting together a proposal to try and get some sponsors on board, and perhaps to get one of those buildings donated for a night. Haven't considered insurance, or a few of the other details yet. That might be a snag.

I know a few people who are into community theatre, and I might see if they'd like to put together a few funny routines to do around the screen at certain points, seemingly interacting with the movies.

Also trying to remember some of the audience participation games from B-Fest. There seems to be a whole set of rituals that go with Plan 9 (paper plates, day/night, wicker/rattan, etc.)  If Andrew, Ken Begg or other B-Fest regulars read this, I'd appreciate having my memory refreshed. I only went once, in '02.

Post Edited (07-30-05 11:47)

---------------------
Menard
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2005, 01:50:11 PM »

There's an idea. If they are into community theatre, how about incoporating a live spook show element into part of the events. Use a short like MONSTERS CRASH THE PAJAMA PARTY and have some of them run out into the audience and abscond with a few people (set up) during the appropriate place in the film. (:

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Pick Three « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.