Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:48:29 PM
714216 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Land Of The Dead « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Land Of The Dead  (Read 4878 times)
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2005, 07:17:30 PM »

I'm broke as hell right now, so I don't think I'll be able to see it. Damn. And I missed High Tension as well. I was going to use a discount pass I have, but it turns out it isn't even playing in town anymore.

h.p. Love
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2005, 07:23:42 PM »

Seems like all the unfavorable critics either 1. Obviously don't like zombie films or 2. They wanted to see the same type of zombies chasing people flick or 3. Didn't think it was scary enough.

I like zombie films, I want to see it explored in a sci-fi kind of way, and I don't ever remember being scared by a zombie film anyway.

- This message has been approved by the Order of Conspicuous Merit -
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2005, 12:27:45 AM »

I went to see this by myself the other day.
I walked into the theater and not a single person was in there!

Yes, I pretty much got a private screening of Land of the Dead all to myself.

And I concur with the other guy's words....FREAKING AWESOME!

I will shell out $20 for the DVD the day its released.
It's hands down one of the best zombie flicks ever.

Post Edited (07-09-05 00:28)
nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2005, 12:51:42 AM »

I've never had an entire theater to myself. The closest I've got was going to see an early morning showing of "28 Days Later" with only 4 other strangers. It made the movie very enjoyable (until that god awful Hollywood ending that nothing could save).

"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home."  
(David Frost)
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2005, 07:21:38 AM »

I've only been in an empty theater once, and that was when my wife and I went to see Alone In The Dark.  We were the only ones there.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
odinn7

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2005, 08:08:27 AM »

My first wife and I saw Raising Arizona in the theaters by ourselves. The ticket people were trying to talk us out of seeing it and going to see something else. I was glad we saw it because I found it quite amusing..and having the theater to ourselves was pretty cool.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2005, 08:26:05 AM »

They were trying to talk you out of seeing Raising Arizona?  That's a great flick!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
odinn7

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2005, 09:08:59 AM »

It sure is. They were saying how everyone that had seen it was complaining and we wouldn't like it either. I laughed through it. Apparently the humor in it wasn't obvious enough for the locals where I used to live.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
dean

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2005, 03:45:00 AM »

Raising Arizona is a great, entertaining film.

That's why I never listen/pay attention to reviews for films and cashier's reccomendations.

Which can backfire, I'll admit: The only time is was at a movie by myself was at 'Wing Commander' and my friend and I were the only two in the cinema.  When buying the tickets, the girl at the counter looked at us quizically and said "really?"

Now I know [and understand] why.  Though I enjoyed it, it wasn't worth going to see.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
daveblackeye15

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2005, 08:48:29 PM »

I got to see this two days ago. It's a very good Zombie movie that sort of takes a hit at cliches. (like that one zombie that was on top of the tank. We expected it to mess thing s up but he's just shot and thrown out.) It was just me my bro and four other strangers for us. I liked the movie and it had a rather low body count (I mean for the characters plenty of background people died for sure).

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Land Of The Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.