Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:31:27 AM
714355 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Transformers", "Voltron"... what's next? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: "Transformers", "Voltron"... what's next?  (Read 7022 times)
nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 26, 2005, 09:15:01 PM »

In response to the news that "Transformers" is headed for the big screen, Yahoo News is reporting that "Voltron" is becoming a movie as well. In the next month or two we'll probably be hearing about "Thundercats: The Movie", and/or "Silverhawks: The Movie." I have a feeling that 80's cartoons are the next big Hollywood fad.

"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home."  
(David Frost)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 09:16:58 AM »

Live action, i hope NOT!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 11:31:51 AM »

I think their banking on the "nostalgia" factor of 80's cartoons with the Smurfs, Transformers, and Voltron.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 11:41:54 AM »

Hmm I am some what interested in a life action Voltron. I know it could suck I'm just wondering "how" would they do it.

The remakes fad is nearly dead now for the 80's t.v. shows.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 12:08:52 PM »

I wonder when G.I.Joe will becoming out....

-------------------------------------
Ray,when some asks you if your a God you say YES! - Ghostbusters

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

odinn7

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 12:48:24 PM »

How about He-Man and the Masters of the Universe...oh, wait a minute...

Anybody recall the cartoon 'Battle of the Planets' with G-Force? I believe it was early 80's anyway. I'm just surprised that we haven't had a movie about that. I remember it being quite a popular cartoon...well, where I lived anyway.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 02:20:42 PM »

Battle of the Planets was late 70s. I believe it was the first anime I watched, followed by Star Blazers. I used to hear talk about a live-action Star Blazers movie, but nothing ever came of it. Might have been good.

Personally, I don't mind Hollywood giving shows like The Transformers or Voltron the movie treatment. We've all gotten more than a little annoyed at the fact that Hollywood isn't doing ANYTHING original, but there is nothing wrong with this. Filmmakers have gone back to favourite stories and characters of people's childhood from the very beginning, whether books, fairy tales, comics or TV shows, and presented them in new ways. There's nothing wrong with it, in moderation. In fact, it is retelling that keeps stories alive.

I'm looking forward to live-action Transformers and Voltron movies, as long as they're done right. As for a CGI cartoon of the Smurfs, I can't believe it hasn't been done before now. If it has some of the same humour as the old show, it could be fun.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Fearless Freep

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 02:32:43 PM »

Battle of the Planets was late 70s. I believe it was the first anime I watched, followed by Star Blazers. I used to hear talk about a live-action Star Blazers movie, but nothing ever came of it. Might have been good.

Oh, yeah!  Loved 'em both.  The Fiery Phoenix and Seven-Zark-Seven and....lotta fun.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 06:19:13 PM »

I cant think of an anime that translated well to live action so I dont have high hopes for Voltron. Maybe if they did a live action Lion Force in Japan it'd come out better.
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 10:58:05 PM »

take a look at the "casshern" film. it got some bad reviews, but i think it's great.

onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2005, 01:52:17 AM »

Johnny Socko and His Flying Robot--this deserves big-screen time.
And does anybody remember Specterman?

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
dean

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 10:04:45 AM »

Personally I'm after a Beanie and Cecil movie: that show was quite wacky.

I mean, who has a sock puppet in an animation for pete's sake!!!

That or Mighty Mouse.  Not early Mighty Mouse, but really really wierd Mighty Mouse.

I don't really mind a live action Transformers movie, or even Voltron, though it will be extremely difficult for either to hold a special place in my heart like the 1984 Transformers movie or the Voltron TV series [not the CG, but the original]

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 11:26:11 AM »

I've seen trailers and that one's deffinately on my list to watch.
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005, 11:30:55 AM »

The only real issues I have with a transformers and voltron movie is it ruins the ongoing inside joke people my age have always had running about those cartoons. I guess we'll have to resort to Thundercats and Snorks references until those get made into feature films.
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2005, 12:48:45 PM »

Oh, and something thats always bothered me about Voltron is, why does the guy piloting the black lion wear a red uniform and the guy piloting the red lion wear a black uniform?
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Transformers", "Voltron"... what's next? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.