Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:10:09 PM
714369 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Transformers", "Voltron"... what's next? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: "Transformers", "Voltron"... what's next?  (Read 7024 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2005, 10:20:03 PM »

Master Blaster said:
>>>The only real issues I have with a transformers and voltron movie is it ruins the ongoing inside joke people my age have always had running about those cartoons. I guess we'll have to resort to Thundercats and Snorks references until those get made into feature films.

Inside jokes are always funny, but what got me laughing was recent ads for "He-man" the original cartoon series.  Since I don't get cartoon network, it was funny to see on my friend's TV an ad for the comeback of 'He-man' which basically said: "maybe just remember that cute haircut" [cut to shot of He-man's lovely locks and a silly smile] ''that keen fashion sense" [cut to shot as He-man when he's not big and bulky, wearing a tight pink outfit] or maybe those leather boots [no need for explanation there I guess]

I found it quite funny since I was a big He-man fan when I was a kid, and was too innocent to pick up on this sort of stuff.  Hehehe...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2005, 01:17:30 AM »

Too too.  Spec-tra.   Ah, Battle of the Planets.  I still have my lunchbox.  =)

I never watched Star Blazers, but I remember my friend babbling about a Wave Motion Gun in relation to it (in between watching the Solid Gold dancers, that is).

Really weird Mighty Mouse?  Dean, do you mean, bursting into song spontaneously Mighty Mouse?  So basically you'd have a CG Mighty Mouse movie that flowed like, oh, an Indian pop movie?  That could be outstandingly weird.  No one would watch it but us, but hey?  That's what it's all about.

Whoo..    Mighty Mouse vs Superman movie.  Or Alien vs. Mighty Mouse!  Yeah... or...  Mighty Mouse vs. Predators and Aliens... er...

I'm goin' to bed.

- Z

"Form!   Feet! and! legs!  Form!  Arms! and! body!  And I'll form! The! Head!"

PS:  Lots o' spaceships Voltron, or lots o' mecha-lions Voltron?

PPS:  Infra-Man movie.

PPPS:  Shogun warriors movie.   Whoo yeah.  Now that is an idea.  =)
dean

Re:
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2005, 01:56:18 AM »

Hehe, a Bollywood retelling of Mighty Mouse...  I'd watch that!

Perhaps a Samurai Pizza Cats movie: I haven't seen that show in so long that all I really remember is that they always got shot out of a cannon at their pizza place and one or all of them at one stage ran on solar power, so all the bad guys had to do was keep their shadows over those pesky cats.

Bloody hell, nostalgia is a pain in the ass to get rid of...  I just keep thinking of all the crappy shows I watched as a kid, especially cartoons.

And I certainly don't mean crappy in a bad way!

Post Edited (07-29-05 05:45)

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2005, 09:32:52 AM »

I would assume it's going to be Lion Voltron, since it was far more successful than Vehicle Voltron.

It would be funny if the movie turned out to be the elusive third Voltron that nobody saw. Remember those ads that promised the "Voltron Trilogy" even though we only ever saw two?

And weren't the Voltrons completely different cartoons that had nothing to do with each other before they were dubbed?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

Re:
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2005, 10:39:51 AM »

Oh hell yeah. I remember there were ads for a 6 armed third Voltron. I waited and waited for the show to come out but it never did. As a little boy I felt so cheated.

I found the toy on this page. It's at the bottom, second pic down listed as Voltron II.
http://www.virtualtoychest.com/voltron/voltron.html

Post Edited (07-29-05 10:51)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Re:
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2005, 11:55:36 AM »

Yeah, I remember that six-armed toy, but I think I only ever saw a knock-off version that wasn't packaged as Voltron. But I do recall thinking that it looked like the elusive third Voltron from the TV ad.

---------------------
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

Re:
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2005, 10:53:20 AM »

I can't help but think a live action "Transformers" or "Voltron" movie is gonna make us all have Power Rangers flashbacks, which may or may not be worse than 'Nam flashbacks... depending on their duration, I guess :P

The best thing about the existing Transformers movie was seeing Starscream get obliterated. Isn't it amusing how they can change mass by transforming? A giant robot becomes a microscope, or a tape deck, or a suppository... uh, that did happen, right?

After seeing the Smurfs do their take on "Seven" on Robot Chicken, I'm actually more inclined to like this than I would've previously thought. Mothersmurfer!

"We regret to inform you our scheduled movie, Godzilla vs. the Smurfs, will not be shown tonight..." -opening to an episode of "You Can't Do That on Television"
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

Re:
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2005, 02:18:24 PM »

I remember the Voltron toys really sucking. I had the lion voltron and when it was fully assembled a leg would always fall off, but of course I mostly used my die cast metal voltron to do battle with my older brother. Maybe beating the crap out of him with a fully formed voltron led to some battle damage to blue lion.
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

Re:
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2005, 10:00:13 AM »

"The best thing about the existing Transformers movie was seeing Starscream get obliterated."

Blasphemy!  hehe Starscream was a great (cowardly, backstabbing, and chaotic evil) character!  His role was thereafter replaced by the ass-kissing Cyclonus yuk.  I did like seeing Iron Hide, Prowl, Ratchet, and Brawn (Prime's little cliq) get taken out though :)

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

Re:
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2005, 08:20:04 AM »

Yeah, Starscream did have character... too bad it was a really annoying one. Yeah, some of the "graphic" fights were a refreshing change (how graphic can a robot on robot fight get anyway?) The most unusual-if not unbelievable- thing was the robotic squid Rodimus Prime had to fight. Robots, sheesh. Hard to believe Orson Welles was in this... when there were so many commercial spots available. Canned peas or fishsticks, anyone?

dean

Re:
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2005, 09:08:50 AM »

You have to admit though, that soundtrack for the Transformers movie rocked.  Its one of my favourites.

Of course we all know so many 'main characters' died in the film just so they could release some new toys, but even so, I liked how they got rid of Optimus Prime.  Nobody really expects that sort of thing in a movie based on a TV series.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Re:
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2005, 10:33:09 AM »

Yeah, after watching TF on TV, that massacre on the shuttle came as quite a surprise. Suddenly, Megatron transforms and starts blowing away Autobots to heavy metal music. And when Prowl gets hit in the chest and his eyes turn red and smoke pours out of his mouth - wow! Not to mention rapid laser blasts going straight through Ratchet and Ironhide, as they jerked around and fell into a smoking heap.

That was the first real sign that the movie was not going to be like the TV show, although the destruction of Lithone at the opening said we were in for something a lot cooler.

With the battle for Autobot City, Insecticons getting crushed, the death of Optimus, Spike yelling "s**t" (there was practically a gasp from the audience at that point), robots being fed to Sharkticons and dumped in acid, and Starscream getting burned to a crisp, I remember walking out of the theatre thinking "this was no kids' movie."

---------------------
dean

Re:
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2005, 07:27:34 PM »

>>>I remember walking out of the theatre thinking "this was no kids' movie."

One of the reasons why I loved it [although the general structure of the plot was a bit disjointed].

This also was the first movie that really got me into the wonders of anime.

Nowadays alot of kid's movies seem to be fairly tame in the whole violent death aspect, so I really appreciated the fact that despite the fact they are robots, you have some sort of blood [or oil] leaking out of Megatron and Optimus during their fight.

daveblackeye15

Re:
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2005, 12:15:13 AM »

Oh man I think I was somewhat traumatized when Megatron slaughtered thouse four autobots. It was hard to believe that the red tough one could be killed (can't recall his name)

And that white ambulance one was a nice guy too.

And Starscream's death made me sad.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Anonymous User
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2005, 01:15:09 AM »

I believe the news of Transformers heading to the big screen are true, but I heard Don Murphy was attached to the project but didn't see anything about it on imdb.com. He has this whole thing about it on his website though, with people giving opinions on what actors/actresses should play what part. Anyone know if he is really attached to the movie? One of the popular "B movie" type actresses talked highly about on his website is Priscilla Iden. I looked her up and she's in a movie with Gunnar Hansen, but imdb doesn't have information on if it's out yet, anyone know anything about that, I'm a huge Gunnar Hansen fan?

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Transformers", "Voltron"... what's next? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.