Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:59:57 PM
714341 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "The Void", "Dragon Storm", etc... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "The Void", "Dragon Storm", etc...  (Read 1186 times)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 07, 2005, 10:08:25 PM »

The Void - Malcolm McDowell plays the leader of a company trying to produce free energy with partical physics, but the daughter, played by Amanda Tapping, of a scientist killed in an early experiment gone wrong fears that the next experiment could lead to the creation of a black hole, destroying the earth.  Helping her is Adrian Paul as her boyfriend and one of the companies' scientists.  I found this kinda lukewarm.  Not too badly executed, but nothing really exciting.  Like many low-budget scieice/conspiracy movies, it relied heaviliy on supposedly intelligent people doing really stupid and irrational things just to move along the plot.  Take ir or leave it...

Dragon Storm - a U.F.O. movie with John Rhys-Davies as a medieval king whose kingdom is attacked by dragons embedded in asteroids from space.  He seeks help from a nearby kingdom, while plotting to take over that kingdom.  A band of dragon slayers is put together to hunt down and kill the maurading dragons.  I gotta hand it to U.F.O, there CG dragon effects were much better than others I've seen from them.  I really liked them.  Some of the story was contrived, such as mixing in the takeover plot with the dragon hunters, to add some drama that I didn't think was really needed, but it  was quite a bit of fun with the dragons.

Evil Cult - saving the best for last, *this* was a lot of fun. Jet Li plays Chang Mo Kei as...a kid who grows up to be a kung fu master of several styles.  That's the best plot summary I can give because this whole thing is a non-step frenetic movement of over the top wire-fu martial arts battles, magic and mysticism, and more Chinese names and spaghetti stranded plot lines then I could keep up with.  Fairly typical HK production values with lots of battles and some horrendously bad and funny dubbing.

Post Edited (08-07-05 22:11)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 12:18:20 PM »

So were there some Angel Boris nudie bits in Dragon Storm?

I agree that the dragons looked pretty good for a UFO film, I thought they looked a lot like the dragons from Reign of Fire.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 12:41:05 PM »

So were there some Angel Boris nudie bits in Dragon Storm?

Not really.  She stripped down to her underwear briefly once, but her hands and hair covered her breasts.

I agree that the dragons looked pretty good for a UFO film

Yeah, I'm used to the painfully obvious stuff from "Interceptors" and such...the one that sticks most in my mind was "Ravager".  I try not to let bad sfx, of any kind, distract me from enjoying a movie, but it was nice that these looked pretty good.   For what it's worth, William Zabka was not in this movie...

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "The Void", "Dragon Storm", etc... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.