Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:52:24 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hide And Creep (2004) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hide And Creep (2004)  (Read 877 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: August 23, 2005, 07:57:05 AM »

Rented this flick from the local Blockbuster over the weekend after reading some good reviews.  Most of the reviews said that it was the funniest horror film to come out in years and that it was better than Shaun Of The Dead.  Hell, I loved Shaun!  This film should be pure bliss then, right?

Here's the basic plot:  A small Alabama town is being suddenly overrun by zombies after a flying saucer was sighted in the area.  Now it's up to the local residents to take down the zombies and keep the city safe.

The film starts out decently enough with Chuck, the local video store guy, getting into an argument with a customer over zombie films.  Apparently Chuck's store is all out of zombie films as everyone in the town has been renting them out.  Soon, Chuck is attacked by a zombie whom he kills with a VCR.  He calls the police station only to find that the sheriff is out of town, as is the deputy.  So, Chuck takes the body and leaves it at the local police station.

Then, we are introduced to a trio of gun lovin' rednecks lead by Keith, the mullet wearing owner of the local gun club.  They come upon one of the their friends in the woods being eaten, and they watch as they discuss Art Bell, Coast 2 Coast AM and what might have caused the corpses to reanimate.  They eventually run back to their club to fight off the zombies.

Now, we are introduced to a preacher who's congregation just uses him for money or anything else that is convienent for them.  He eventually gets bitten by a zombie and raoms through the town.

So, does the film sound like a mess?  Well, it is.  There is little structure to what's going on in the film and it's pretty much just a normal low budget zombie flick.  The acting is awful, the camera/sound isn't too good and it was a big disappointment for me.

The main problem I had with the film was with the fx.  Sure it's a low budget comedy/horror flick but come on!  I laughed when I saw the first zombie which consisted of a fat guy in a suit with white clown make-up on his face and black shoe polish under his eyes like f'ing Rambo.  By the end of the film, I had seen hundreds of people in similar make-up and it was terrible.

The number one thing that I love about low budget films is their ingenuity when it comes to fx and gore.  This film's idea of ingenuity is blood on someone's face to let you know they are dead, or shooting zombies with red paintballs to show them getting "shot".  I would have loved to have seen some imagination go into this.

Another problem was that the film wasn't redneck enough for me.  The cover tries to sell you that it's a film all about rednecks blowing away zombies, but it's not.  If you are going to do something like that, make the characters act like rednecks.  A southern accent  and a mullet doesn't make you a 'neck by anymeans.  There were so many ways that this film could have gone better.  I can only imagine the fun possibilites of making a zombie film all about rednecks, it'd be great!  

I will warn you at this point that I'm going to post a SPOILER, so don't read it if you don't want to know the zombie's weakness.  You might want to read it, because I don't think any of you would want to watch the film after reading this:

THE DAMN ZOMBIES ARE AFRAID OF THE FRICKIN DARK!

End Spoiler

How stupid can a plot point be?  I think my brain started to bleed a little bit at this point.

Do not rent this film.  It's not that funny and not good overall.  Also stray away from it if you do not like male nudity cause it's here in an abundance.

2/10

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 08:10:37 AM »

so this film is bad, but not in a good way yeah? that sucks. if you're going to make it bad it might as well be hilariously bad - that goes without saying.

I havent seen shaun of the dead yet... all my friends have said its very funny.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 08:33:08 AM »

Yep, not bad in a good way bad in a seriously bad way.

As for Shaun Of The Dead, go buy it now.  Don't wait.  If you are at work, give your boss the finger and go buy it!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 03:16:46 AM »

I haven't seen this one....hell I'd never heard of it until now.
Thanks for the recommendation Skaboi.

I'll have to go rent it.

And hell yes "Shaun of the Dead" was good!
Good zombie killing fun.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hide And Creep (2004) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.