Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:29:35 AM
714358 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Watching A Beating In Progress « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: OT: Watching A Beating In Progress  (Read 8549 times)
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2005, 02:51:09 PM »

Wow...like Captain Kirk...Trek is kicking ass!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
laura
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2005, 02:55:40 PM »

ohhhh censorship
daveblackeye15

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2005, 03:13:45 PM »

I know I know.

That  happens to teachers a lot.

Teacher: Says something that can come out as being sexual but it's not what they meant.

Student:*snicker*

Teacher: *rolls eyes*

You knew what I meant Menard! I have to confiscate those icons! And you better turn off that cell phone also ,mister!

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
odinn7

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2005, 03:21:17 PM »

laura wrote:

> ohhhh censorship

It's not censorship when it's on a privately owned board.You agreed to certain terms when you signed in here and that's the way it is. These mods are real easy going. Censorship basically doesn't exist on this board. We curse, some times we argue, but I haven't seen much get shut down. The only time that the mods step in is when there are personal attacks or when there is obvious trolling going on. You have done nothing but try to stir up trouble with your posts and it's become obvious by that, that you are only trying to get negative reactions which makes you a "troll".  Trek is really giving you a chance here because at least he did warn you what may happen. Nobody is trying to censor anything. Trolls are just not acceptable on this board.

Post Edited (09-01-05 15:22)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Menard
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2005, 05:48:49 PM »

daveblackeye15 wrote:

> You knew what I meant Menard! I have to confiscate those icons!
> And you better turn off that cell phone also ,mister!

OOOO...Talk sternly to me teacher..

..gonna give me a paddling too?  

dean

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2005, 07:12:10 PM »

First off, this is directed to the actual post:

Wow, that's messed up, poor guy.  I don't think you could have done anything realistically, and I'm sure the store attendant should have called the cops.

I've seen a few drunken fights here and there, but usually the security guards take them outside, and either throw them out or give em a bash themselves: We have a court case going on at the moment where a famous sporting personality here died after being hit by a security guard and hitting his head badly on concrete.

I've also seen a guard smashing some drunk and obviously not very conscious guys head into the brick ground a couple of times.  Man, some people has anger issues.

One of the worst one's I've seen however is when some guy was getting chased in the city and got his head slammed into a taxi's side window.  It didn't break but made a hell of a noise, and would have been bloody painful.  The taxi driver and his passenger sort of just casually and slowly drove off after the two had moved on.

On the 'other' topic, Laura does have a right to express an opinion, but that being said, we go by certain social rules here in which if we are going to say something bad about somebody, we usually should be a bit nicer about it.  If that rule is broken, Menard seems to get really happy because he gets to use his 'arse crack' emoticon that he has become fond of.

Sure you're expressing an opinion, but you don't have to do it in that way, otherwise, whilst you may be giving a valid opinion, you seem to just be setting out to deliberately annoy all the members of this board, and as such, your opinions are pretty much worthless.  If you are going to give a negative opinion either be creative about it or add some more substance to it other than 'you are exposed to this sort of thing on the internet'

Sure we knew that already, it's just that usual human behaviour dictates that you don't just step in and abuse people, despite your right to say it.

Hmmm... perhaps you can create a 'we are angry and want to vent' topic where everyone can just be like you, that way the rest of us can just ignore it and get back to topics where we don't have to be exposed to annoying garbage.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2005, 09:03:44 AM »

Real life is like that, anything can happen at anytime. You could step out your door tomorrow and become a statistic. You never know. Once you put your emotions aside, it's pretty easy to see what needs to be done... call the police; if they can't handle the situation, they call the national guard.

My philosophy is simple:

Only use violence if you can handle the consequences of it. My grandfather taught me never to point a gun at someone unless you intend to shoot them, but if you do, shoot to kill. If you commit to such a response, hold nothing back. If you are to face a conflict, understand there's a chance you could lose- which in this case would have really been a bad thing for you. There are people I know whom I would risk my life for in a situation such as that, but I could count the number on one hand, mostly because I know they'd have my back if we were in such a predicamint.

It sounds cold, but it really is every man for himself. Wanna die for a complete stranger? Me neither. The recent aftermath of Katrina brings this to mind. Am I sorry these people are suffering? Yes, but no more than I feel for anyone suffering. Getting over emotional about their predicament isn't going to do them or me any good.

If you feel you can help, than do it- if not, leave it to someone who can. If in doubt, don't get involved... find out you can or cannot in a situation that is less dangerous... preferrably when there are no lives at stake.

clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2005, 12:48:26 PM »

I've seen something similar in small town Ohio of all places.  See, most places are pretty lax around here but this one town (not mentioning by name) has only two cultures (redneck wanna be's and gangsta wanna-be's) and they hate each other.

One night my friends talked me into going to this crappy bar in this crappy town and with much dismay, I finally agreed.  After closing time, with everyone out in the street about to leave, a dumb-ass hick wised off to a group of large black dudes (what a fool) and they proceeded to phuck him up but it caused a chain reaction and several other groups were kicking the crap outta about 3 different guys.  The wise-mouth guy's brother ran out into the street just tryin to figure out what was goin' on and they jumped him.  

Others started fightin (white on white) just for kicks -it was friggin crazy!  It was near a riot and the police showed up.  The group of friends I rode along with tried to help one of the guys who got beat (not the racist phuck -that a***ole ended up running after his beating (I don't know how) and ended up  falling into a large hole where they just tore down a building).  

Basically, a bunch of people got hurt, ended up in the hospital, etc., just because of one racist phuck's stupid comment.

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Watching A Beating In Progress « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.