Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:11:47 PM
713373 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Troll Alert: 'laura' « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Troll Alert: 'laura'  (Read 6120 times)
Menard
« on: September 02, 2005, 01:28:39 PM »

As several of us have already had pointless conversations with this aimless ditz who just does not 'get it', any further conversation is just going to spur 'it' on. 'It' has come along and decided to launch unwarranted attacks on ASH, but wants to claim them as personal opinions. Attacks against any member of the board is something we all feel as it is unwarranted, certainly unkind, and disrupts the flow of the board.

I realize that some do get a kick out of the banter with a troll, and for some it is infuriating. Perhaps if we just ignore this troll, it may crawl back into the hole from which it came; but, this just a perhaps.

I did want to point out to other members who have not experienced this troll yet, that 'it' posts under the member name of 'laura' and seems to have an infatuation with ASH.

Why do trolls have a fascination with ASH? Remember last December?

odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 01:43:13 PM »

I enjoy the back and forth with trolls now and then but it does get to a point that it becomes too much for the good of the board.
Obviously myself and Menard like to have fun and pick on people now and then (Ash happens to be one of my targets but I believe he knows I'm not serious), we are not mean spirited about doing so. To just appear on the board and one of your first comments to someone is "why don't u get a life?", well, that says "troll" to me. Laura must like this because she keeps coming back to play up the "poor me" end of it just looking to get more reactions and unfortunately, I'm guilty of giving those reactions. Perhaps someone can get Kate Beckinsale to punish me for doing this? Anyway...Laura should be hung out to dry. If she can't add anything worthwhile and has only negative comments to make, she has no business being here. We could ignore her or if it gets to the point, maybe Andrew will remove her.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 01:57:30 PM »

Why don't we let her stay around a little longer.

She amuses me.

And these endless back and forth conversations where she doesn't get it border on surrealism.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 02:04:29 PM »

I've never understood what entertainment value anyone gets from trying to start a flame war with someone else. I guess  they like to push peoples buttons and not in a good way. This kind of behaviour is certainly not in line with the atmosphere we like to maintain here on our good natured forum.

Maybe "laura" likes being talked to in that vulgar way and hopes to entice this sort of reaction out of our friend ASHTHECAT or maybe she is just a lonely troll living in a basement somewhere, her only means of garnering attention is to attack those she so jealously wishes to emulate. Tsk, tsk, maybe we should just pity her.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 03:30:37 PM »

I should know better, but...

Guys, guys, guys! You shouldn't disrespect poor laura. Sure, she may be a little abrasive, but with the proper respect and care, she might turn into a real beauty and a valuable addition to the board.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
raj

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 03:44:27 PM »

Derf, I couldn't get to the first pic, but the second definitely needs to come with a warning label.  I'm going to have to look at some Playboy playmates just to wash my eyes out.
And Odinn7, that Kate Beckinsale line forms right behind me.

I usually try and give someone the benefit of the doubt at the beginning, I can't imagine someone's life is so empty that they get a real thrill out of starting a pointless flamewar.  Ah well, looks like a cheesefest on Sci-fi tomorrow night.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 04:36:57 PM »

I thought about responding to the 'get a life' comment, but decided not to.  I figured why feed the troll?  It would not get the point anyway.

But I do have to thank it for one thing; if not for that bit-o-trolling, I would not have gotten Odinn's little gem

Sprechen Sie Troll?

I ALMOST made that my sig on a LUG forum I joined last night (though it would not have really fit there).  I will find a place to use it.

Priceless.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 06:49:19 PM »

I say f**k the troll with an rusty iron rod and sell the rod on ebay.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 10:06:58 PM »

Warning email sent to "laura's" address.  That will be the end of it, if it means dropping the IP into the deny pool and deleting their Phorum account.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
odinn7

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2005, 09:01:38 AM »

First I say: Andrew is kicking some ass.

Second: Ulthar, I'm glad you enjoyed that comment. Use it as you will.

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2005, 06:51:27 AM »

What I want to know is, why do they always single ME out?

I oftentimes wonder if some of you believe the transgressor to be an accomplice of mine that I've told to egg you all on....someone I know perhaps.

NOT TRUE!

This s**t is really totally random.

I haven't the foggiest who "laura" is.

odinn7

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2005, 08:52:10 AM »

ASHTHECAT wrote:

> I oftentimes wonder if some of you believe the transgressor to
> be an accomplice of mine that I've told to egg you all
> on....someone I know perhaps.

Wow...paranoid?

Seriously, the reason they single you out is because I pay them $5 to do so.

dean

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2005, 09:13:07 AM »

>>>Seriously, the reason they single you out is because I pay them $5 to do so.

Wasn't it standard signing up procedure to put $10 into the 'annoy Ashthecat' club treasurey when joining this site?

Where's my money gone!!!  Odinn7 is skimming money from our funds!!!  I knew it was a bad idea to put him in charge of the money... It better be to start the off shoot club 'arm Dave with swords to get Menard' club, otherwise I am going to tear up my membership card, burn my club t-shirt and will erase the secret handshake from my memory....

[oh and Laura is annoying]

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
raj

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2005, 11:13:05 AM »

Dean,
that other $5 goes for the secret decoder ring.
odinn7

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2005, 11:33:38 AM »

raj wrote:

> Dean,
> that other $5 goes for the secret decoder ring.

Yes, I thought that was rather obvious...it's become apparent to me that Dean didn't bother to read the fine print before he agreed to send the money.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Troll Alert: 'laura' « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.