Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:53:44 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  why Shaun of the dead its so good « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: why Shaun of the dead its so good  (Read 2441 times)
laura
Dedicated Viewer

« on: September 07, 2005, 04:31:27 PM »

1-the beginning and spread of the plague happens on the second plane. The camera is centred on the wretch Shaun (a marvellous Simon Pegg) and his romantic, family, labour, social sorrows.
After himwithout being the center of the action the zombificación advances unstoppable.
2-That a gray and bland guy discovers, little by little, that what he makes best  is to massacre walking deads and to defend  the community that he has brought together. A useless  manager of the shop at which he is employed and, on the other hand, a brave leader in case of invasion cannibal. The zombis extract the best thing that we take inside.
3-That happens something so unheard-of in a movie of living dead like it is to come to the rescue of relatives
4-That one of the standards of the behavior of the modern movie zombi is that they repeat as automatons thier)daily life. thats why they come in mass to the supermarkets and other community centers borderlines. Here the human beings do the same thing. What to do in case of apocalypse? To continue with the routine of every day and to reach the Winchester, the pub where they are accustomed to waste  the time.
5-In the epilogue, the useful and social element of the zombi. Slightly already outlined in the Romeric "the day of the deads". The human being is a born survivor. A thing so improbable as that the dead men were going out of thier  tombs and were spreading, route I nibble,thiernew condition would not finish with the human kind. On the contrary, it is sure that they would find profit and social utility. In the end, happends every day.The economic use of the zombi limits itself,  to the modern one. In the classic one of the original voodoo it was habitual, and as aproof you have the Hammeric "The infects of the zombies". A circle is closed, so.
Ohh yeah, i love this film
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 09:12:30 PM »

I mean, really, how could anyone go wrong with a romantic comedy with zombies?

Man, I so have to see this film...  It's a sin that I've let it pass me by so far...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 09:18:28 PM »

I saw it and laughed my ass off!

Shaun's best friend is hilarious.
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 02:16:32 AM »

Go and see this movie, it deserves to be a classic! Harry Potter gets eaten in it, as well!

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 06:51:02 AM »

Dean.  Stop what you are doing and go rent this film!  Fantastic, hilarious and fun as hell.

And as AlexB said, Harry Potter does in fact get eaten.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
odinn7

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 07:07:15 AM »

I saw this in the theater last year. Great movie. Anyone that likes zombie movies and can appreciate some comedy, you need to see this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Rombles
Dedicated Viewer

Stupid fat hobbit...

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 08:26:35 AM »

Face it, George Romero loved it enough to invite the two stars to be in Land Of The Dead....  that's pretty high praise in my book....

Brrrrrrrraaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 11:47:52 AM »

While I missed it, when it had a brief run at the local theater, and it has yet to be on television at a time, when I'm home, I do communicate, over the internet, with a number of British horror film fans, who live in the U.K., and they say . . .

"While it is somewhat exaggerated, it does reflect, to some extent, how life is in the U.K."

As for myself, I have always found that the more realistic a film is, the better I like it. I presume this would apply to "Shaun of the Dead" as well.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  why Shaun of the dead its so good « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.